Copenhagen CPH Card Info Please

Hi there

I have been asking about the card and yes the card is as good as it sound's, so it's just to book it at least 10 days before the card is going to be used and the card cost's 209 Dkr.for 1 adult in 24 hours, and 139 DKr for a child age(10-15) also 24 hours, and for each adult card 2 children under 10 Years of age can join for free.

The cards can be booked here in the buttom of the page: http://online.citybreak.com/Search/Other/SearchOther.aspx?pdid=4525&onlineid=1459618727

NOTE: that you can book 72 hour cards also, price for adults is 439 DKr and for children(10-15) price is 259 DKr, and still you can take 2 children with you under 10 yr for free.

Best regards

Nicolai

We'll be in Copenhagen August 12 and 13 so it's too early to order the card online. Does anyone know how far out it can be ordered? Also, is it a printout or mailed or do you have to pick it up in the city? Thanks.

We ordered our Copenhagen Cards (24-hr) several months prior to our scheduled cruise from www.visitcopenhagen.com . We received wallet size cards that will need validated on the date you use them. The dates are "open" until you actually use the card this year. We received these cards in the mail (USA) along with a nice little booklet/brochure with maps and showing all museums/transportation included. We felt it was of good value. I would order them now.

Have fun...

lhall85917: Since we already had the cards when we got off the ship, we were able to catch a nearby Hop-on/off bus right away and start to enjoy our day. I do not recall if there was a tourist office nearby when you might purchase the cards. We paid an extra 10 dkk per card ($1-$2) each to have it mailed to us. It was also nice to review the literature they sent along.

Big Al B: Are you going to www.visitcopenhagen.com? That is the site I used to order the cards and I ordered in early March and we sailed in July, 2007 (so four months early).

Have a nice cruise.

We ordered ours before our trip a few years ago. Well worth it, IMO. The card got us what we needed ... transportation and admissions. What's really nice is that you can check out everything you want. If you get in and see it's not of real interest to you, you can leave and not feel like you spent money for admission there for nothing.

• 3 weeks later...

The website says new cards for 2008 may be purchased starting on March 15th. We used the similiar card in London and were only sorry that we hadn't purchased it ahead of time to be used immediately when we arrived. Instead we had to spend the time and pay for transportation to the pick up point downtown. This time we will definitely have it mailed to us before we leave.

I have been reading a lot of information about the CPH card. Is this card as good as it sounds???

Is it worth taking for 24 hours and trying to get as much done in that time?

First, you need to figure out what you want to see and do in Copenhagen during the period in which you'd be using the Copenhagen Card. Next, see if the Copenhagen card allows access or discounts to what you want to do. Then, compare cost of card vs. cost of attractions w/out card to see if you'd come out ahead or not.

However, if using the card for transportation to some of the castles on the northern part of the island, then the card can perhpas save money alone on transportation, let alone the convenience of not figuring out what train /bus fare you need, just show the card.

But, if you don't plan or have time to travel to northern part of island, and only wish to stay in Copenhagen, then you'll have to simply compare cost of card vs. regular admission prices. But, even if you don't come out ahead for cost, there is something to be said for it's ease of use and convenience.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was in Copenhagen last year, I thought that the CPH card was well worth the money. However, I am an aggressive traveler and try to see as much as possible in one day. I arrived at CPH airport at 7:00 am. I had ordered my CPH card in advance and was able to hop right on a train and go to the central train station. We walked to our hotel, and then headed straight to the Stroget to begin our sightseeing. We took full advantage of using public transporation since it was included in the price of the card. We went to Rosenborg Castle, out to the Little Mermaid, a canal tour, the Round Tower, Amalienborg Castle, and then did Tivoli at night. So I certainly got my moneys worth on the 24 hour card.

However, in trying to get everything done, I basically flew from LAX to Copenhagen, which was a long long day, got directly off the plane at 7:00 am and then began my day in Copenhagen. And it lasted until midnight when I left Tivoli. So it was an EXTREMELY long day.

BTW, you can purchase your CPH card in advance, and as others have mentioned it gets mailed to you and along with a brochure that can help you with some pre-planning.

However, if you want to wait, you can also purchase the card easily at the info desk as you exit the baggage area at the airport itself.

• 1 year later...

I preordered the CPH card on the web and their confirmation email said that the card would be stamped at the first site I visit. In case I want to take transporation first should I ask the driver to stamp on the card or simply write down the date on the card by myself?

I preordered the CPH card on the web and their confirmation email said that the card would be stamped at the first site I visit. In case I want to take transporation first should I ask the driver to stamp on the card or simply write down the date on the card by myself?

For me, I just waited till my first event and wrote in my time then.

• 4 months later...
lhall85917: Since we already had the cards when we got off the ship, we were able to catch a nearby Hop-on/off bus right away and start to enjoy our day. I do not recall if there was a tourist office nearby when you might purchase the cards. We paid an extra 10 dkk per card ($1-$2) each to have it mailed to us. It was also nice to review the literature they sent along.

Big Al B: Are you going to www.visitcopenhagen.com? That is the site I used to order the cards and I ordered in early March and we sailed in July, 2007 (so four months early).

Have a nice cruise.

I am considering purchasing this card and the idea of directly getting on a hop-on-hop-off tour upon disembarkation is what I hope to do (will spend the night in the city).....were you able to take luggage aboard?

I am considering purchasing this card and the idea of directly getting on a hop-on-hop-off tour upon disembarkation is what I hope to do (will spend the night in the city).....were you able to take luggage aboard?

I did not see any people with "luggage" getting on or off the hop-on hop-off bus as they are more for transportation around the city. If you have carry-on luggage size, you might be able to get it on the bus. I do not think they had luggage bins underneath the bus. The bus was nice for a good tour of the city. We got off at the Little Mermaid for pictures, then on to Tiffany Gardens. We caught another bus later to come back to the harbor.

Have fun -- enjoy your time in Copenhagen. The CPH card is of good value.

Hi, we purchased the 72hr Card in 2007 and felt we saved the price of the card in the first day, alone! You can use it on the trains and buses, on the water taxi, in the castles and museums, entrance to Tivoli and discounted meals at several restaurants. If you order it in advance (and we received ours in the mail within 1 week...amazing!), they send a very nice booklet with everything you can use it for listed. We were not able to use it for the train to Malmo (but I think we did get a discounted price) and Helsingborg, but we did get a discounted price on the ferry from Helsingborg to Helsinor...and then the train from Helsinor back to Copenhagen was free...just show your card. The other days were were in and out of Tivoli and all over the city and the outlying towns and cities. That card is worth every penny and then some! We plan to get it again on our return (3rd) visit next year!:)

Live NVCLVR - we saved a fortune with it. I took my nephew whoa was 13 at the time for 5 days and I goty back my money just on the Tivoli gardens visits. We also used the bus and train and went to loads of other attractions too. It was really handy to as I didn't have to explain where i wanted to go when getting on the bus and deal with unfamiliar coins

Archived