Copenhagen CPH Card Info Please

LHT28

I tried that site, but only states 60 attractions and bus, trains etc. I know the Hop bus is part of card, but interested in what attractions.

Mrsosci

Sorry I thought when you clicked on "free Entrances" it gave all the attractions?

Maybe there is another site to fine out what the attractions are

try this link

http://www.visitcopenhagen.com/media(7644,1033)/Flyer_09%2F10.pdf

I've been looking at this card but as I understand it doesn't include hop on hop off buses or canal tours but only gives a discount-can someone confirm?

As we will only be there for a port visit Iwould probably only get to do these 2 things anyway

according the the info it gives a discount on both of those

http://www.visitcopenhagen.com/content/tourist/what_to_see_and_do/cphcard/whats_included/discount

You can get a combination ticket if you just want to do the HOHO & the Canal tour

http://www.sightseeing.dk/media/filebank/org/leaflet2007.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.visitcopenhagen.com/content/tourist/what_to_see_and_do/cphcard/whats_included/discount

You can get a combination ticket if you just want to do the HOHO & the Canal tour

thanks for the links-just what I was after!

Thank you so much. This is exactly what I needed.

Mrsosci

• 3 months later...
When I was in Copenhagen last year, I thought that the CPH card was well worth the money. However, I am an aggressive traveler and try to see as much as possible in one day. I arrived at CPH airport at 7:00 am. I had ordered my CPH card in advance and was able to hop right on a train and go to the central train station. We walked to our hotel, and then headed straight to the Stroget to begin our sightseeing. We took full advantage of using public transporation since it was included in the price of the card. We went to Rosenborg Castle, out to the Little Mermaid, a canal tour, the Round Tower, Amalienborg Castle, and then did Tivoli at night. So I certainly got my moneys worth on the 24 hour card.

However, in trying to get everything done, I basically flew from LAX to Copenhagen, which was a long long day, got directly off the plane at 7:00 am and then began my day in Copenhagen. And it lasted until midnight when I left Tivoli. So it was an EXTREMELY long day.

BTW, you can purchase your CPH card in advance, and as others have mentioned it gets mailed to you and along with a brochure that can help you with some pre-planning.

However, if you want to wait, you can also purchase the card easily at the info desk as you exit the baggage area at the airport itself.

I know this is an old thread but hope you don’t mind my picking your brain about taking the train to Central Station from the airport. Once you pick up your luggage is it hard to find? Were the signs confusing? We plan on getting the Copenhagen card so buying a ticket won’t be a problem. Is it difficult to maneuver your luggage? We will probably have 2 big suitcases and 2 carry ons. Everytime we go somewhere that has a train option we always say we are going to take it but then chicken out and go with a taxi. I’m determined to do it this time unless the weather is bad! Thanks for any input. Brenda

Is there any form of transportation that could be used from the cruise pier to the Marriott using the CPH card.?

I am thinking of getting the 24 hour card however, I will probably run over by a few hours so I was thinking of just getting transportation from the airport without using the card - and then start the card with all the sightseeing that I have to "cram" into our short visit.

Suggestion and ideas all welcome :)

Brenda, we are in same situation regarding luggage. We get to Copenhagen late at night and have to get to our hotel - it will likely be after 10 p.m. when we are through customs, etc. We are also wondering how easy it will be to train or bus to a location closer to our hotel and then take a taxi the rest of the way. I understand it would be costly to taxi all the way from the airport to our hotel.

Alice

Brenda, we are in same situation regarding luggage. We get to Copenhagen late at night and have to get to our hotel - it will likely be after 10 p.m. when we are through customs, etc. We are also wondering how easy it will be to train or bus to a location closer to our hotel and then take a taxi the rest of the way. I understand it would be costly to taxi all the way from the airport to our hotel.

Alice

Hi Alice,

What Hotel are you staying at? Since we plan on getting the CPH card it will be free to get to Central Station on the train, and our hotel is just a 5 minute walk around the corner. We arrive early in the morning so if the weather is good I'm not concerned about the walk. Our hotel said it would cost about 250 DKK (around $50) to take a taxi all the way to the hotel. Brenda

I know this is an old thread but hope you don’t mind my picking your brain about taking the train to Central Station from the airport. Once you pick up your luggage is it hard to find? Were the signs confusing? We plan on getting the Copenhagen card so buying a ticket won’t be a problem. Is it difficult to maneuver your luggage? We will probably have 2 big suitcases and 2 carry ons. Everytime we go somewhere that has a train option we always say we are going to take it but then chicken out and go with a taxi. I’m determined to do it this time unless the weather is bad! Thanks for any input. Brenda

Taking the train from the airport is easy. You don't have to leave the terminal and the train is easy to find. The ride is only about 15 minutes and it only costs about $5 or $6 per person. You have to haul your own luggage, but as I recall there was room to store it close enough to you so you didn't worry about it getting stolen.

Brenda, we are staying at the Scandic Front. It is apparently near (but not right in) a section called Nyhaven. I booked several months ago and had problems getting a reasonable cost for a room in the city. So just booked and we will see what we get. We just went to buy a street map of Copenhagen and Amsterdam today so that we can do some of our own walking and be able to tell how many blocks we will have to walk between sightseeing places. I may be able to walk to one spot but not all the others we want to see. We want to visit the Resistance Museum, the Palace, the Rosenborg Slot, Nyhavn, walk the Stroget, do a harbor/canal cruise and we have two days in Copenhagen pre-cruise. We are still uncertain whether to try the train with two large suitcases and two carryons plus purse and camera case when we arrive late at night. We are cruising on Aug.17. When are you going?

Alice

Brenda, we are staying at the Scandic Front. It is apparently near (but not right in) a section called Nyhaven. I booked several months ago and had problems getting a reasonable cost for a room in the city. So just booked and we will see what we get. We just went to buy a street map of Copenhagen and Amsterdam today so that we can do some of our own walking and be able to tell how many blocks we will have to walk between sightseeing places. I may be able to walk to one spot but not all the others we want to see. We want to visit the Resistance Museum, the Palace, the Rosenborg Slot, Nyhavn, walk the Stroget, do a harbor/canal cruise and we have two days in Copenhagen pre-cruise. We are still uncertain whether to try the train with two large suitcases and two carryons plus purse and camera case when we arrive late at night. We are cruising on Aug.17. When are you going?

Alice

Hi Alice,

Sorry I missed your post yesterday. Yeah, that’s definitely too far to walk, and no other train service close enough, plus you arrive late anyway. If you are going to get the CPH card, you can at least take the train for free to central station, but if you have to pay for it and then plan on getting a taxi too, I think I’d just bite the bullet and take the taxi the whole way. But if you do take the train, then definitely watch out for your belongings, the pickpockets like to target us tourists that are distracted by luggage.

Did you check out the Hotel Bethel in Nyhavn? That was our choice if we’d stayed in that location. It gets great reviews.

We are cruising in June and plan on doing a lot of walking. But I am mapping out public transportation options. I’d like to get out to Carlsberg Brewery but only if we have the time, it’s not a priority.

Have a great Cruise!

Brenda

I don't think that it would be a problem having luggage on the train outside rush hour, but i would avoid the Metro.

We arrive early on a Sunday morning so I think the train is a good idea for us so long as it isn’t raining. I wouldn’t think it would be too busy on Sunday. Brenda

I am a little confused by some of the comments on this thread. I have checked out the CH Card and they do not have a Ho-Ho bus included, you get a discount on that bus. They do have what they call the City Cirkel Bus and it makes a nice circle around town getting you near to all of the sites, but they do not have any narative on board, is just a bus not a tour bus. If you are taking the Ho Ho bus and paying for that and also getting the Copenhagen Card you may want to carefully look at the sites you want to see and their entry fees as you may find it cheaper to just do the Ho Ho and pay for individual entries. Again it all depends on how much you want or are able to see in the time you are there. I did the analysis, and for our group it is best not to get the Copenhagen Card. But then we are not taking any long trips out of town.

Can you use the CPH card for entry into Tivoli on more than one occassion?? That was not made clear on the web site. I know in Amsterdam you can only use for one entry into each venue.

We purchased the 24 hour CPH card from the Tourist Bureau near the ATMs at the airport a short walk through the secrurity doors after picking up our luggage. Signs are plentiful and many folks speak English. The CPH card covered our train ride (we missed one train since we were confused about which one to take but the next one came in less than 10 minutes) to Central Station. From there, we walked 10-15 minutes to the Marriott with our two suitcases and two carryons. It wasn't the smoothest walk given the cobblestones but manageable. If your hotel is further away, then hop in a taxi since they are quite plentiful. We prioritized our "must sees" and used our 24 hour card very effectively.

Barbie075-

The City Cirkel bus is a mini bus (20 seats or so) that makes limited stops and is free with the CPH card. The entire loop takes a l-o-n-g time depending on where you want to get on or off. Our card was time stamped when we purchased it (approx 5 pm) and good for 24 hours. We used it twice for Tivoli Gardens - once on our first night in CPH then at 4:30pm the next day. The CPH card allowed us to bypass the regular ticket booths which had long lines since we had arrived in Denmark on a Saturday.

Archived