Extra Charges on Oceania?

Mparis184

This will be our first time on Oceania. I am just curious - what do they charge extra fees for and how much?

For Instance - computer classes, cooking classes, fitness classes, craft classes, etc. wine tasting (do they have them)? Did I forget anything?

Marion :rolleyes:

They have some free computer classes & fee based for others I cannot remember the the prices

Cooking demonstrations ...free

wine tasting...fee

exercise classes ..some free,

Pilates & yoga ..fees apply

did not notice craft classes but it is not my thing

Other fees may be for internet usage, drinks, spa treatments, excursions

Here's my best recollection from this November:

1) Computer classes -- Simple demos are free, but class are $25/class. Pick and choose what you want. These classes are worth the money if you'll use the programs that are taught.

2) Cooking classes -- no classes on the cruise we were on, but there were three free demon

3) Fitness classes -- there is a charge, but I can't remember how much.

4) Craft classes -- free

5) Wine tasting -- charge, I believe $9/person. Also martini tasting classes at $9/person

A Fee of $25.00. Is that for a one hour class or a series of classes, do you remember?

Do they have a service where you can use their computers to download your photos to a CD? Some of the other cruise lines charge $15 to download them on a CD. I am hoping I can do the same on Oceania. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Marion

Do they have a service where you can use their computers to download your photos to a CD? Some of the other cruise lines charge $15 to download them on a CD. I am hoping I can do the same on Oceania. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Marion

Yes they have that option as well.

I think it is the same price

> A Fee of $25.00. Is that for a one hour class or a series of classes, do you remember?

The computer class charge is per one hour class. The fee classes are Adobe PhotoShop Elements (a series of 4), MS Word, and MS Excel (if there is time).

The free classes are Basic Windows and Outlook E-Mail (usually the first class and early so be sure to sign up in advance to reserve a spot), and Downloading Digital Images.

(-: Jack

Thanks Jack - I will sign up early. Where do you go to sign up? Can we sign up the first day on the ship or do we have to wait until it is announced in the daily newsletter? (I don't know what they call it on Oceania)

Marion

There will be an "Open House" in the Deck 9 computer room on the afternoon of embark day. While you are wandering around finding what is where, stop by and they will have sign-ups available.

Since you say your will be on "Insignia 3/08", I suspect I will be there also. Say hello to Jack or Ann when you are in the computer room.

There will be an "Open House" in the Deck 9 computer room on the afternoon of embark day. While you are wandering around finding what is where, stop by and they will have sign-ups available.

Since you say your will be on "Insignia 3/08", I suspect I will be there also. Say hello to Jack or Ann when you are in the computer room.

Jack or Ann in the computer room? Hum......I wonder if we have met in another computer room? Infinity, Zenith, Regal Princess, Galaxy :confused: It could also be a number of other ships, I can't remember. I think I know you two!

And yes, I will be looking for you.

Marion

> I wonder if we have met in another computer room? Infinity,

> Zenith, Regal Princess, Galaxy

Looking at your list of past cruises, there is no match to when Ann and I have been cruising (though we have been on many of those ships at other times). Must have been another couple ...

We were on the Rome to Stockholm voyage in Nov/Dec and I saved most of my Currents. Some of the extras listed:

Internet Classes

Adobe Photoshop Elements I - $25

Adobe Photoshop Elements II - $25

Adobe Photoshop Elements III - $25

Microsoft Word I - $25

Download Digital Images and Organize - complimentary

Beginning Windows and Email - complimentary

Food/Wine

Wine tasting -$15

Martini tasting - $9

Food and Wine pairing - $9

There were several cooking demonstrations during the cruise that were free.

Spa/Fitness

Pathway to Yoga - $12

Pathway to Pilates - $15

Fitball Pilates - $15

Ladies Facial Workshop - $50

A variety of stretch and exercise classes, as well as, health seminars were free.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise!

Archived