All things Independence of the Seas

Anything special to get it home form port then? We are flying southwest, and obviously can't be checked in.

Jess

I'd recommend something padded, similar to this:

http://www.amazon.com/JetBag-Padded-Absorbent-Liquid-Transport/dp/B004TMYJUW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1420157226&sr=8-5&keywords=wine+diaper+padded

[Thanks for your response. In that case, We may take some Maxwell or Folgers 4-cup packets which might just fit better. Where there's a will, there's a way, especially when it comes to early morning coffee!

And we could just leave standing room service order, if necessary.[/size]

Anything special to get it home form port then? We are flying southwest, and obviously can't be checked in.

Jess

I found something great. It is sold by U-Haul you can buy different bottle amounts - but just travelled with a 3 bottle box from Puerto Vallarta - with a connection - and made it to home in 1 piece. I'm going to use again on my upcoming cruise - here is a picture but u can go to the U-Haul site

ImageUploadedByForums1420159144.552061.jpg.079c38a808a006c9ae67afd6c97516bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by marcoigna

It has a very nice outdoor sitting area.

We generally head to the DL before dinner for a drink or two, although now with the coupons loaded onto your seapass card -- that isn't necessary.....but the view is always nice in the evening to enjoy.

Nice to know about the outdoor seating area for my morning cup of coffee....thx

Edited by Paulette3028

We just got off the Indy the other day. To answer a couple questions on this thread...

The Diamond Lounge was to the side of Olive or Twist. The Diamond Concierge was Gustavo Butcher.

There was only a dispenser for shampoo in our shower and hubby said the shampoo really made his hair feel dry. There was no shaving bar in the shower for the ladies. No body wash dispenser...we got bar soap.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We generally head to the DL before dinner for a drink or two, although now with the coupons loaded onto your seapass card -- that isn't necessary.....but the view is always nice in the evening to enjoy.

Nice to know about the outdoor seating area for my morning cup of coffee....thx

I am going to stop into Bed Bath and Beyond and see if they have some type of suction bar/soap holder that is small enough to fit in my luggage that will act as a shaving bar in the shower.

We cruised carnival about 10 years ago....I remember the ice tea being awful. Is that the case here? I don't drink soda, am diabetic so juices are out. If it's bad I will bring a few tea bags....

Jess

I don't drink caffeine, so I can't comment on the tea, but they have a wide variety of tea bags available. Several days I brewed my own and pored it over ice and it was delicious!

Anyone going on the Independence over Halloween this year? Suggestions for a hotel the day before?

Thanks

Ask for ideas over here or on the "port" thread! We will all be cruising the same week as you!;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2000258&page=43

As for us, we are staying at the Rodeway Inn, as it provides free shuttles to/from airport/port areas!:cool:

Anyone going on the Independence over Halloween this year? Suggestions for a hotel the day before?

Thanks

Not cruising your ship, but The Renaissance Hotel at the cruise port is where I usually stay, and an evening before the cruise dinner at Bimini Boatyard on the waterway, which is right next to the hotel.

If I purchase alcohol in port what us the limit and procedure? I really need some guavaberry from Sint Maartens!

Jess

are you asking about the limit for duty free? are you bringing it into the US or Canada? it depends on the country you are bringing the liquor into...could be 1 litre, 2 litres, or more if purchased from a US Terr. check the country of entry :)

Edited by MICHLEV1974

are you asking about the limit for duty free? are you bringing it into the US or Canada? it depends on the country you are bringing the liquor into...could be 1 litre, 2 litres, or more if purchased from a US Terr. check the country of entry :)

Thanks. Bringing to US from st. Maartens.

Jess

It looks like Indy might be scheduled to take Liberty of the Seas place at Cape Liberty from May of 2016 for the summer.

Port Schedules at George Town, Grand Cayman seem to indicate that this might be the case.

If this is correct, this might create a couple of interesting re-positioning sailings from Port Everglades to Bayonne Cape Liberty in April/May 2016 and then returning on a southbound in October/November 2016.

• 4 weeks later...

Just completed the 8 day itinerary on Indy....enjoyed it a great deal. The longest cruise I had been on prior were 7 day cruises....and that extra day, may not seem like a lot, but it was a wonderful small addition.

It was an odd week. There was a CD convention in Miami, so the Entertainment staff was working one person short....with Gordon Travis acting as CD (normally he had been the Activity Manager on prior sailings) and Amy Tripp as AM (she was usually a part of the Entertainment team).

Everyone worked hard to make all the events come off well. Perhaps a few less activities around the ship during the day...but it did not impact me at all.

Ship is wonderful....I love the Royal Promenade and the Café Promenade had wonderful snacks and I found it a great place for a light lunch of shrimp rolls and chicken wraps or turkey sandwiches along with coffee and cookies.

Rock the Boat completed its contract on board and they were truly wonderful.

We had Mo5aic as a headliner group. They are wonderful....we had seen them on Allure last summer and it was a treat to be able to enjoy them again.

Leigh Xuereb is going to be the permanent replacement for CD on Indy starting in April. Has anyone ever had him? From what I google on him, he looks good.

We've seen Leigh on Explorer several times. Excellent CD and funny too.