All things Independence of the Seas

Anyone have copies of the compass or menus? Is there still a murder mystery show. Does it cost extra and do you need to reserve it before sailing?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I saw this listed under onboard activities for $55pp reservations needed.

Hello~

If we get the soda and water package, we can only get soda's (pop in my world! ;) from the restaurants and bars, correct? So, if I wanted a pop in the middle of the day, I would have to go to a bar to get one? What are the soda/pop options on Indy?

Thanks!!

Indy's shower stalls are the same size as those on the rest of the fleet.

I know the shower stalls are standard and nice that they have doors. On our first few cruises the showers did not have 'a shaving bar' for a woman to put her leg on to help her shave. I complained about it on the post surveys that I completed. Then last year on Jewel and on Allure there were shaving bars in the shower....is there a shaving bar in the shower?

We are booked on the 14 March 2015 doing the 8 night for our first cruise on RC. We did like the Oasis or Quantum but the ports didn't appeal to us so here we are!

How fast do these Ice show tickets "sell out" ?

We will like to book a private tour with either thenford or royston but how fast can you get off the ship when it docks at the port of calls? Are they going to give us a number like the tender boats..

We sailed the Indy on this same itinerary in 3/12 during the same time frame as you're going to. We used Thenford Grey in St. Kitts. Superb tour. We had no issues getting off the ship in time to make the tour.

If we get the soda and water package, we can only get soda's (pop in my world! ;) from the restaurants and bars, correct? So, if I wanted a pop in the middle of the day, I would have to go to a bar to get one? What are the soda/pop options on Indy?

I think you're mostly correct, but there isn't a "soda and water" package, unless you mean the Royal Replenish package that also includes non-alcoholic drinks, premium coffees and teas, and fresh squeezed orange juice.

The Royal Refreshment package is sodas only and is significantly cheaper.

Anyway, fountain sodas are easily obtainable from the many bars onboard. Cans of soda are not included.

You'll be able to get Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, club soda, and tonic water. Some people have reported being able to get ginger ale our Diet Sprite as well.

Edited by Daghis

I know the shower stalls are standard and nice that they have doors. On our first few cruises the showers did not have 'a shaving bar' for a woman to put her leg on to help her shave. I complained about it on the post surveys that I completed. Then last year on Jewel and on Allure there were shaving bars in the shower....is there a shaving bar in the shower?

No. There wasn't when I sailed on the Indy in Feb 2014.

Sorry, I have no idea!

Explorer of the Seas sad news is good news for Independence. You'll be getting Leigh Xuereb as cruise director after he leaves Explorer in March. Leigh is a high energy, zany Australian with a fantastic sence of humor and loves interacting with the passengers. Independence is a lucky ship, and it looks like it may become my ship of choice.

Explorer of the Seas sad news is good news for Independence. You'll be getting Leigh Xuereb as cruise director after he leaves Explorer in March. Leigh is a high energy, zany Australian with a fantastic sence of humor and loves interacting with the passengers. Independence is a lucky ship, and it looks like it may become my ship of choice.

I am hoping the Leigh arrives as CD in March 2015, since we sail on Indy in February 2015 and he was the CD on a previous cruise we had and I did not enjoy him very much. Yes, he is high energy, but not my cup of tea, so to speak.

I like high energy, but just did not enjoy him previously.....in no way does that mean he could ruin anyones' cruise because the cruise director can't -- at least that is my opinion.

Edited by Paulette3028

Does the Independence have hairdryers in the room or do I need to pack mine? We are in a balcony room if that matters.

In case it matters to you, the ship's hairdryers are the kind that have a button that needs to stay pressed in order for the hairdryer to stay on.

A Big rubber band will take care of that problem.

That's an awesome idea - in as many cruises as we have taken, I never thought of doing that......I did think of super gluing it but thought they may not appreciate that! :rolleyes:

Does anyone know who the concierge is on the ship at this time, we sail next month and I thought his name was Raj but I have read differently - can anyone confirm? We are in a GS and I have a few questions to email

Just off the ship. I noticed we did have a shaving bar in the shower. Not sure about other cabins but ours did. I think we were 3646.

If you had one in cabin 3646, there is hope that they put them in all the cabins. We will be on Deck 7 on the Valentine's Day 8 day itinerary.

By the way, do your remember seeing 'water aerobics' offered on the sea days. We sailed on Liberty (Indy's sister ship) a few years ago, and they had water aerobics. I did it one morning and the water was a little choppy.....it was fun trying to do the aerobics and watching the pool water slosh out of the pool at the same time.....it gave everyone a good laugh!

Who is the CD on Independence in February? And how is he/she?

From what I understand Jamie is the CD right now on Indy and will be it until the end of February. He is substituting for Joff Eaton, but people are saying that Joff is still not ready to return and someone else will be taking over from Jamie.

I am looking forward to a new experience with yet another CD.

Are you cruising on Indy during February? DH and I are sailing on the Valentine's Day embarkation.

Does anyone know who the concierge is on the ship at this time, we sail next month and I thought his name was Raj but I have read differently - can anyone confirm? We are in a GS and I have a few questions to email

Just got off the ship Dec 20th, concierge is Raj Bhugwath.

Cheers