Have Millenium class Ships ever been refurbished?

LewiLewi

We know the Century was recently refurbished but what about the M class ships. Haven't heard that any of them were refurbished. Is this so?

Hi,:) when you say refurbished......Century was totally

"overhauled", taken out of service for 6 weeks and had

55million$ worth of stuff done to her.

Specialty Restaurant added, Aqua Spa Cafe added, 314 balconies

added, outside bar AFT added...basically they turned her

into an M class ship.

As for the M-class ships, other than the usual dry docks...nothing

was done in the same extensive way as they did to Century.

The M class ships were quite a bit nicer and more innovative (than the Century class) when they were new. The oldest one is not even 8 years old (Century is almost 13). As with all cruise lines, the ships are constantly being "refurbished", new carpet, furniture, bedding etc. I doubt that anyone would think that the M class ships were worn out or needing too much in the way of refurbishment.

I am amazed at how quickly people think of ships today as being "old". Also, I was on the Century recently and heard several people refer to it as being "small". I guess it is all relative but only 20 years ago 70,000 tons was considered enormous. Ships used to have longer lives too. Look at QE2, still sailing after 39 years (not for much longer though). I think today the US market won't stand for a ship that is getting between 15 and 20 years old. To me, new and bigger isn't always better...

Andy

They are updated all the time such as when they put the new bedding on the ships. As far as major changes such as on Century, no they haven't done anything that extensive. They have been in drydock but the primary purpose of drydocks are not refurbishment but to maintain mechanical items that can't be done at sea.

Archived