I'm jumping ship

irishgirl

My TA has decided to do a group cruise on the new Celebrity Solstice in February of 2009. So, I have cancelled my Carnival Legend Halloween cruise and rebooked the Solstice. I can't do both this time.

After reading about this ship, I am really excited. There are lots of new innovations they've come up and I can't wait to see them up close and personal.

I would have been Platinum on this Carnival cruise, but I'll still be platinum when I return to Carnival.

Hope you enjoy your cruise... A word of "warning" though. I've been on one short cruise on Celebrity and, while the service was the best I've ever had, the food was the worst I've ever had--just very bland. My "theory" is that Celebrity caters to an older crowd, so the food is less spicy and less salty. I literally just ate a baked potato for two of my dinners because whatever they gave me before, was not good.

Thanks everyone, I'm excited.

They are going with a new chef so maybe the food will be better. I'm anxious to see what the "Lawn Deck" looks like. I can't imagine real grass covering a deck.

Also, they have redesigned the cabins. They actually asked women to design the cabins. First thing they did was put in a foot rail for shaving legs in the shower.

Celebrity is known for having the best food of the mainstream lines (whether or not that reputation is deserved is a matter up for debate). I wouldn't assume that because one person says that the food wasn't good, that you will necessarily agree. Food is very subjective

Hope you enjoy your cruise... A word of "warning" though. I've been on one short cruise on Celebrity and, while the service was the best I've ever had, the food was the worst I've ever had--just very bland. My "theory" is that Celebrity caters to an older crowd, so the food is less spicy and less salty. I literally just ate a baked potato for two of my dinners because whatever they gave me before, was not good.

Ditto! My take also! Drew B, I had heard that also but not on that ship that sailing. Carnival's is much better.

Still wish I as going with you:D A foot bar, that is too cool!;)

I've sailed 20 days on Celebrity and 13 days on Carnival. Both have good food, IMO. I think that Carnival's soups are better than anything on Celebrity, but overall, Celebrity's food was just as good with more choices on the dinner menu and a 5-course standard rather than 4 courses like Carnival.

Celebrity is known for having the best food of the mainstream lines (whether or not that reputation is deserved is a matter up for debate). I wouldn't assume that because one person says that the food wasn't good, that you will necessarily agree. Food is very subjective

Absolutely! Not even sure why that was brought up in the first place.:rolleyes:

The op sounds excited and I'm sure they will have a wonderful time...

I agree also... I ve been on both lines... While celebrity was the best in service.....(although carnival is well beyond just acceptable) I found their food to bee very small portions... with too much of an artsy vibe... not enough substance....(which i think is usually the case with the fancy 5 star restaurants

also... how do you think that lawn is going to handle people walking all over it week in and week out? forget about the weather getting at it.....

at least youll be on her while its still new ... but long term will be tough for celeb to keep up with.....

I would go on Solstice in a heartbeat! You're doing the right thing. I've read good and bad about Celebrity but then...hmmmm...I could say that about every cruise line ever invented.

They have real GRASS growing on that ship with one crewmember whose job it is to take care of the grass! LOL

I'm jealous. :)

Archived