Voyager comes to the rescue of Carnival couple!

I just posted very nicely and diplomaticly on the CCL boards about this. Let's sea what, if anything, we hear from over there.

Rick

No trouble from me :D . Grand gester by the Captain. It would never be my luck - I'd be sitting there waving goodbye to both ships. That's why I make sure I'm back on the ship at least an hour before scheduled departure.

There is an investigation going on to find out who and when this was. Hopefully we will know soon.

I'll post up over here if anything is found.

The person who posted that he was on the cruise (page 1) JLS was on the Jan 20th sailing of the Voyager

:eek: This is why I like RCCL they treat their passengers well as well as others evidently. :p That was so good of the Voyager Captain to do. :( I sailed on Carnival once and that all it took. As someone mention, at least they got to cruise on a real cruise ship for awhile. I will be taking my 6 trip with RCCL and never had a bad experience with them. Carnival is like a motel 6 and RCCL is like a Hyatt. :o

:eek: This is why I like RCCL they treat their passengers well as well as others evidently. :p That was so good of the Voyager Captain to do. :( I sailed on Carnival once and that all it took. As someone mention, at least they got to cruise on a real cruise ship for awhile. I will be taking my 6 trip with RCCL and never had a bad experience with them. Carnival is like a motel 6 and RCCL is like a Hyatt. :o

I also cruised on the Voyager when we welcomed on our 2 guests for the night. Captain Gerry made a extremely positive p.r. move when he welcomed this couple on. The couple were given a stateroom for the evening and enjoyed all the amenities of any other passenger. Many passengers couldn't understand why we could still see Conquest in the Harbor when were heard of the new passengers. This couple left from the same port & were screened already so safety wasn't a concern therefore allowing us to transfer them without concern. In Capt. Gerry's question & answer session on Saturday this couple was inquired about. Jokingly Capt Gerry said this couple had to sign a agreement that they would never sail with anyone but Royal again.

I also cruised on the Voyager when we welcomed on our 2 guests for the night. Captain Gerry made a extremely positive p.r. move when he welcomed this couple on. The couple were given a stateroom for the evening and enjoyed all the amenities of any other passenger. Many passengers couldn't understand why we could still see Conquest in the Harbor when were heard of the new passengers. This couple left from the same port & were screened already so safety wasn't a concern therefore allowing us to transfer them without concern. In Capt. Gerry's question & answer session on Saturday this couple was inquired about. Jokingly Capt Gerry said this couple had to sign a agreement that they would never sail with anyone but Royal again.

:D:D:D He is not only a good PR guy but knows how to get a deal done. :D:D:D

I really wonder though what their feelings were once they were back on the Conquest.

On our first (and only, soon to change) cruise, we were on Mariner with Captain Per. One morning we woke up and looked at the map on TV and realized we had doubled back in an odd pattern. Capt Per announced shortly there after that we had returned to answer a dristess call. There was a fishing boat that had been dead in the water for about 2 days ( I think) and we were the only people to answer. Captain Per turned the ship back, gave him the 6 gallons of gas we had and called the fisherman's grandmother back (I think in Cuba) to let her know they were okay and on their way home. Kudo's to him and shame on all the other ships that HAD to have heard and passed without helping.

Erika

On our first (and only, soon to change) cruise, we were on Mariner with Captain Per. One morning we woke up and looked at the map on TV and realized we had doubled back in an odd pattern. Capt Per announced shortly there after that we had returned to answer a dristess call. There was a fishing boat that had been dead in the water for about 2 days ( I think) and we were the only people to answer. Captain Per turned the ship back, gave him the 6 gallons of gas we had and called the fisherman's grandmother back (I think in Cuba) to let her know they were okay and on their way home. Kudo's to him and shame on all the other ships that HAD to have heard and passed without helping.

Erika

Were they assessed the fuel surcharge?:D

Good Lord, What is RCCL putting in the Kool Aid these days? Jim Jones would have been proud.

I will continue to travel Carnival as well as RC. Both lines have great service and seriously if you want to avoid being left behind I suggest you get back to the ship on time!! :eek: Drives me crazy that people are taking the opportunity to bash Carnival.

Archived