Voyager comes to the rescue of Carnival couple!

A couple recently in Grand Caymen on a Carnival cruise ship recently missed returning to their ship at the end of the day. The ship was still in the harbor, and the couple was ready to get onto the tender, the harbor master radioed the ship, but it wouldn't wait for them. The harbor master then radioed the master of the Voyager, who gave them a lift to Cozumel to meet their ship the next day.

Wonder if their next cruise will be on RCI? :D

A couple recently in Grand Caymen on a Carnival cruise ship recently missed returning to their ship at the end of the day. The ship was still in the harbor, and the couple was ready to get onto the tender, the harbor master radioed the ship, but it wouldn't wait for them. The harbor master then radioed the master of the Voyager, who gave them a lift to Cozumel to meet their ship the next day.

I was on the Voyager that sailing when we picked up the Carnival folks. Captain Gerry came on the loud speaker as we left for Cozumel and welcomed aboard our newest passengers from the Carnival. He stated that they would be with us on the way to Cozumel.

Ignoring the Harbor Master's request probably did not earn the CCL ship any brownie points...RCCL probably gets some serious brownie points for helping out the Harbor Master.

Waiting for 5 minutes would not have been a big issue for the CCL ship so one has to wonder what that captain was thinking. :eek:

What a wonderful gesture, regardless if they had a room or not I can't imagine their dismay when THEIR Captain refused to pick them up and then there elation when Captain Gerry did. For that relief of not having to find my our transportation I would have slept on a lounge chair and been extremely grateful for it.

Ignoring the Harbor Master's request probably did not earn the CCL ship any brownie points...RCCL probably gets some serious brownie points for helping out the Harbor Master.

Waiting for 5 minutes would not have been a big issue for the CCL ship so one has to wonder what that captain was thinking. :eek:

How do you know it was only 5 minutes?

###

I thought it was a pretty interesting story. Enchantment picked up Cubans while we were on her, but I doubt they became subsequent RCI customers (admittedly, I could be wrong) - I believe they ended up back in Cuba later that night.

If I were the couple who watched their CCL ship sail away, I'd seriously be looking at RCI for my next cruise vacation!

Geez, I understand that people have to be ontime but if the ship was still in harbor. My goodness, the tender only takes like 10 minutes. Its not like Belize.

Well, that couple got to enjoy a Voyager Class ship. There is no way back to Carnival for them. I reckon that the nice gesture not ended with the Captain but extended through customer service with some food.

Hey for at least one night they were able to experience a cruise ship. :D

Great PR move for RCCL.

Wondered what happened when the couple got back on board Carnival in Cozumel?

Wish that couple posted here. Would love to hear the entire story. Is there a thread somewhere on this?

Laura

I looked over on the Carnival board but I didn't see anything. Though this probably wouldn't be appreciated over there. ;):D

Great PR move for RCCL.

Wondered what happened when the couple got back on board Carnival in Cozumel?

Wish that couple posted here. Would love to hear the entire story. Is there a thread somewhere on this?

Laura

I haven't been the CCL boards, but a friend e-mailed me about this earlier today - that's how I found out.

I looked over on the Carnival board but I didn't see anything. Though this probably wouldn't be appreciated over there. ;):D

Ya think????:)

In Grand Cayman since the ships anchor, I don't understand why the Captain of the Carnival ship didn't wait. It's not like it takes very long to get to Coz from GC.

I'm surprised there were not issues with security, since they are pulling into a port with a passenger that was not registered on their ship. Anyway it was very nice that RCCL came to the rescue.

One time when we were leaving Nassau a couple from our ship arrived just as we pulled away from the dock. Another ship from the same cruise line waved the couple on board their ship, which we met up with 2 days later in St. Thomas. While in St. Thomas we got talking to a crew member and she was explaining how someone from our ship had to gather that couple's "paperwork" and take it over to the other ship before customs would clear that other ship.

I haven't been the CCL boards, but a friend e-mailed me about this earlier today - that's how I found out.

Would love to know how they found out..... is there a story out there somewhere or did they hear from someone on board? Would love to see a news release on this!

One time when we were leaving Nassau a couple from our ship arrived just as we pulled away from the dock. Another ship from the same cruise line waved the couple on board their ship, which we met up with 2 days later in St. Thomas. While in St. Thomas we got talking to a crew member and she was explaining how someone from our ship had to gather that couple's "paperwork" and take it over to the other ship before customs would clear that other ship.

On our very first cruise (Jubilee 4 day) at dinner after Cozumel day, we were talking about the day at dinner. My dad suddenly turns & points directly to the doorway at a young couple with a baby/toddler & says, just to us 'they shouldn't be here!". I'm thinking what...they were in shorts, had a baby in the dining room, or what now exactly has my crazy dad has imagined to be mad at. Well, through the booze we all had that day, & my fear that dad will get louder...dad finally says out loud & so we finally realize that they were on the Imagination & had missed the ship. Kudos for the Jubilee captain.

What a wonderful gesture, regardless if they had a room or not I can't imagine their dismay when THEIR Captain refused to pick them up and then there elation when Captain Gerry did. For that relief of not having to find my our transportation I would have slept on a lounge chair and been extremely grateful for it.

just kidding.....:D

I agree with you. I would have crashed anywhere and then took a RCI pamphlet to the captain of Carnival and said thanks for waitin !!

Archived