Comment Cards

TriGirl

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]We have always filled out the comment cards - even for both segments when we do back-to-backs.[/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff][/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]If HAL personnel really do take the time to read them, it is our way of expressing to them the good and bad of a cruise and/or ship.[/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff][/color][/font][/b]

[b]I know for absolutely sure those comment cards are very carefully read and discussed and forwarded to appropriate department heads.....and Seattle.[/b]

[b]They are VERY important for evaluation of how a particular cruise was viewed by most of the people. They can do alot of damage to very hard working people if some jerks think it funny to write down all sorts of erroneous/inaccurate or unreasonable junk. They can also very positively effect promotions for crew who consistently are mentioned as doing a great job.[/b]

[b]For the cynics out there......THOSE SHEETS ARE READ!!! So, please be FAIR and be HONEST and take the time to accurately complete them. It only takes a few minutes.[/b]

On our Westerdam cruise in June we were not given the cards. Our room steward was very lax in giving out the daily newsparer reprints, announcements etc. I think he just forgot the comment cards. He wasn't around much either. suspect he had too many cabins to take care of.

I always take the time to fill them out in great detail – on my first cruises, I turned them in on the ship, in hopes of winning one of their “door prizes” – but now - I always mail them directly to Seattle - I want to make sure that my comments are read.

Tom

P.S. I have never received a letter back from HAL about any my comments. : ((

[quote name='lipoppop']On our Westerdam cruise in June we were not given the cards. Our room steward was very lax in giving out the daily newsparer reprints, announcements etc. I think he just forgot the comment cards. He wasn't around much either. suspect he had too many cabins to take care of.[/QUOTE]

If you ever fail to receive comment cards, either go to or call the Front Office. They will definitely get them to you.

We've always filled them out, I like to mention names, etc. I was just wondering if any didn't fill them out and why if they didn't. I think it's a great opportunity to mention good service as well as bad. How else are they going to fix what's broken or reward those who go above and beyond?

Just curious I guess.

[quote name='sail7seas']If you ever fail to receive comment cards, either go to or call the Front Office. They will definitely get them to you.[/QUOTE]

On our Aug cruise on (your) Maasdam, the room steward gave us a comment card on which the pre-printed room number was incorrect. He had apparently switched ours with that of another room. I pointed this out to him and he said that he would get the proper form for us. He never did. I went to the front desk and was told that they could not get us a replacement. Therefore, we submitted no comment card. Otherwise, we always complete it.

[quote name='iamirish']I always take the time to fill them out in great detail – on my first cruises, I turned them in on the ship, in hopes of winning one of their “door prizes” – but now - I always mail them directly to Seattle - I want to make sure that my comments are read.

Tom

P.S. I have never received a letter back from HAL about any my comments. : (([/QUOTE]That neutralizes your comments. All cards are processed on board after disembarkation and all staff are notified of the results that day. Your comments, clearly, are not included in these notifications nor will they ever get back to the on board staff.

Seattle will add your comments to those in the report package from the ship as part of their evaluation of the Cruise Director and/or Captain but any good or bad comments you make about staff and facilities will have no impact that far after the fact.

Your best approach is to complete the card and submit it, and write a letter to Seattle with anything specific you want to communicate.

By the way, you can go to the bank that every comment is read and considered carefully. This is the only way the Cruise Lines have to evaluate the performance of staff and management.

[quote name='jascruise']On our Aug cruise on (your) Maasdam, the room steward gave us a comment card on which the pre-printed room number was incorrect. He had apparently switched ours with that of another room. I pointed this out to him and he said that he would get the proper form for us. He never did. I went to the front desk and was told that they could not get us a replacement. Therefore, we submitted no comment card. Otherwise, we always complete it.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkGreen]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]
[SIZE=3]That's happened to us a couple of times - no big deal. All you had to do was just change the cabin number and fill out the form. [/SIZE] [/FONT] [/COLOR]

The reason they have the "random name drawing" to win a travel bag is to encourage as many pax as possible to submit their comment sheets. They figure that if there is some incentive, some folks may decide to complete them when they may not have if there were no chance of winning something. (Those bags are nice and come in handy IMO)

They really want 100% recept of completed comment sheets.

[size=3][color=darkred]On the last night of my last cruise I mentioned to a lounge stewardess (Richel) that I had made some comments about her (positive comments) [b]by name[/b] on the comment card, and asked if that was all right. All right? She got [b]all sorts of[/b] [b]excited[/b] as if I had just done her the biggest favor anyone had ever done her. She seemed happier about that than the tip I gave her. [/color][/size]

[size=3][color=darkred]If a steward thinks the comment card is important then who am I to disagree.[/color][/size]

[B][COLOR=Red]On our Canada/New England cruise several weeks ago, I was filling out our comment card when room service brought my breakfast. When the server saw what I was doing, he asked that I mention him by name, which I was happy to do because he was excellent the whole week. He never forgot anything and always brought my breakfast at the exact time I asked for it. I was actually surprised at his request, but I then realized how important these good comments are to the staff. Dee[/COLOR][/B]

Archived