Solstice Chairs, Color Schemes, Design

63galaxie

IMHO, I think the interior designs have outdone themselves!!!

I'm busting at the seams to see it all in person.

How about you??

Karen in Kentucky

I love the look of the Solstice and am very excited to see it. There is no possible way that everyone is going to be pleased with the look - some will love it - some will hate it. That is just to be expected. Personally, I think it is contemporary, sophisticated and elegant and I look forward to seeing it in person as well. :D

While I have always considered X to be more of an adult experience, looking at their deck plans I see three totall differnt concepts which out this ship in the RCL, Carnival category.

First there is a total level designated for the kids club and teens. Personally I find this a neutral addition, however just the fact that X is becoming family ORIENTATED as opposed to family friendly makes me think they should change their new advertising campaign to that of RCL.....At this time they are still spouting the CELEBRITY experience and being treated famously...their advertising both print and tv show ADULTS ONLY enjoying themselves, they are void of the fact that the lawn club is the level of the childrens club and teen activities.

Second their is a FAMILY designated pool with hot tubs...this is a blessing for me ( actually I doubt I will sail this atrocity ) families and kids STAY in your pool and out of mine.

Third there is a designated "wet/splash" area.....think WATERPARK. Hardly in the tradition of X and more like RCL, Carnival. Sorry but this is a pretty ship that is trying to be everything to everyone....It won't work, or at least IMHO it won't be X anymore. Change for the better is a good thing, change for the worse isn't.

To me this is going to be like a bad b movie cruise ship horror flick.

Dave:eek:

I REALLY enjoyed reading everyone's posts. The opinions really run the gamut!

Obviously it's not for everyone, but those of us who like the look seem to be sold on it.

This will be my first sailing on a "new" ship, and I'm excited about that part too!

Please keep the comments coming. I find it interesting:o ;) :eek: :p !

I just looked for the first time and I think it's lovely. I can't imagine they don't have some plan for keeping it looking all that white clean and fresh looking.

As for it looking like a Carnival or NCL ship....have those who have said that acutally been on a Carnival or NCL ship? I have been and this ship looks nothing like what I have experienced.

some parts look great, some I am just not sure what to make of it--seems not to have a cohesive personality at the moment... at least it does not look like a floating shopping arcade..although many areas are set to be revenue generators--for sure!

we like the brass & glass & nice woods on M class, mercury, century & Royal radiance class ships so this will be something a bit diff. --some areas look a bit sterile & institutional--Michaels Club still looks great .

..Hope it works out--harder to change many of these things than it was to eradicate the CDS/Edge of the earth debacle...

It will definitely keep us all talking for the next year... is anyone booked for the 1/25 sailing?

I am also on the first New Years Eve cruise on Solstice and the following week- BTB. I like the pictures- but I geuss we have to wait until we see it in real, before we start complaing- so fare i love the look.

Always exciteing to step foot on a brand new ship.

I did the Inaugural of Grandeur o.t.S, Enchanetment, Vision, Voyager, Millenium, Summit, Consteallation and Brilliance- every single one was great and exciting.

Michael

Archived