Solstice Chairs, Color Schemes, Design

63galaxie

I just love the design of the chairs throughout this ship. From the big padded lounges on the Solstice deck to the surround-sound looking chairs in the Aqua Spa, the shapes, colors, curves, and hopefully comfort of the seating is so unique!!!!!

Also, the colors throughout the ship are incredibly vibrant. The blue lights, even outside the elevators, are eye-catching. It's not the standard royal blue and brass and dark woods that I've seen (and love BTW) on Century.

IMHO, I think the interior designs have outdone themselves!!!

I'm busting at the seams to see it all in person.

How about you??

Karen in Kentucky

The design team has "nailed it" It won't be for everyone, that is for sure. But I certainly love it. The have pushed the envelope, so to speak, without crossing the line.

The design is clean, contemporary, timeless, and soothing. I can't wait to sail. In fact, I have been waiting to book, but I finally did it yesterday!

I have a hold on 1/4/08. There are no SS available before then. I figure that by that time, all of the wrinkles will be worked out.

Don't give up hope for sailing together. We seemed to have caught a BAD case of the X bug and will be sailing with you soon!

What do you think of the design, Lois?

Hi Everyone !

While I agree the "look" is exciting, I am a bit concerned about the practicality of a few items. For example, the White Chairs in Blu. IMHO, those chairs are bound to get abused and stained, and may look awful after a short period of use.

I was thrilled to see the photo of Solstice's Main Dining Room yesterday. It looks fantastic, but again, I wonder about the chairs.... whether they will be comfortable, and if a person of size would have any problems with them.

I am as excited about Solstice as anyone, but I sincerely hope that the design team is concerned about practicality and comfort, as well as the look. Hopefully, they will get it right !

But the circus like colors and design will be another reason we won't be sailing Solstace anytime soon. Looks more like an NCL or Royal ship to me.

I have to agree with Andy, after being on Century with DARK upholstery and seeing how it has been stained and abused in such a short time...I think the light colors look nice but are not practical.....

Not sure about the 10 restaurants, but I can't remember if they are offering traditional or open seating.

Just a gut feeling, but I think X has gone above and beyond to try to get ahead of the crowd and its only going to cause more problems than its worth.

I say bring back Zenith and give her an up date....that'd be all right with me.

Sorry...I don't necessarily like change, especially when its unnessesary, tacky and wasteful......such is Solstice.

Dave:eek:

We're going on the Jan 04 sailing and trying Aqua class. Does that qualify us as adventurers? I'm looking forward to something new. Do remember our first Celebrity trip which was the third sailing of the Zenith in April 1992. Been with them ever since. Have tried others but keep coming back to Celebrity. I'm ready!!!!!

Phil

I really like the design in about 90% of the areas they've shown. I hate the rose wall in Blu, and I think the Oceanview cafe looks incredibly retro-50's tacky...

I think that the rest of the Celebrity fleet is incredibly bland, designwise, so I like seeing them trying something a bit more ambitious, even if they don't necessarily succeed at every stage.

Everything from the colors to the mid century modern design gives Solstice the appearance of a W hotel and some of the most exciting and fashion forward restaurants on land. The minute we saw the renderings in the brochures we were sold on it.

:confused:

OK.....We have had S-L-O-W boards, but this is strange. I posted the response beloe earlier, but it went under a different heading/topic, even though I hit reply.

:confused:

I would not hesitate to ask for a chair that suits your health needs after surgery. Many times, design supersedes function. I can see that being a case in some of the chair. However, a designer can't design for a lot of "what ifs"

I'm sure if you made that request you would be obliged.

Hi Joe:)

You asked me earlier today what I thought of the different dining

venues. I think maybe because I have never sailed a new ship but

it all looks good to me:)

I see quite a few people don't like it~just like a lot of things

in life, some do, some don't.

I just have a basic inside cabin, unless of course I hit the Florida

Lottery or something and give myself an upgrade;).

I think the who ship is sleek. The one room I find I like less than any other is the Tuscan Grille, but it may not be that lunchroom in the end. I think the main dining room is fascinating and I can't wait to see it. Murano looks incredible.

For Blu, it seems to me that the chairs may be more like a slip cover than can be attended to on a regular basis. Some of the other white chairs have a seat and back insert in a darker color.

Our home has been furnished with white sofas and white carpets. This was even with kids growing up in it. It's much more maintenance intensive, but I am inclined to not want to have finishes that "hide ignored dirt" for the sake of appearing to look good.

So I think they will be busy. busy, busy, and I will enjoy seeing all of this ice.

OH no! not that bad! (painted ships) :eek: I meant all the Scandinavian design. Especially all the chairs.

I didn't see any pics of the celebrity theater. Michaels is very nice.

I guess I was just hoping they would keep it nautical, but in a more up to date way.. I like a ship to still feel like a ship.

Everything from the colors to the mid century modern design gives Solstice the appearance of a W hotel quote]

This was my first impression when I viewed the recently updated site. The main dining room looks beautiful. I personally like the clean, yet elegant lines.

I went to look at the new restaurant designs last night. I wanted to see these 10 restaurants and what they looked like.

A few of the 10 are really just things that Celebrity already offers like the pool side grill, buffet area, aqua spa cafe, but others are new like the Asian "Family Style" restaurant. (Not sure how that will work when there is Noro onboard).

I am really worried about the appearance of the "white" upholstery after a few cruies. Drinks spill, food spills ect!!! I think its featured in the Main Dining room? and the Observation Lounge/Disco? Looks great to start. But I have my doubts after a few years of wear.

I'm just not completely sold on the Solstice yet.

I like the rose wall, but will be checking it in February 2009 to see if they're keeping it well-dusted....

We may be there with you! We're sailing on the first of Feb.

I love the look of the ship. I don't think it will be universally adored by all traditional X cruisers but it also may win over lots of converts. The other thing I'm guessing is that the traditional X cruisers weren't in love with the M class when it was announced and that seems to be the holy grail of ships for so many of you.

Archived