Why is CC so slow

vickie_bernie

I've noticed lately that Cruise Critic is painfully slow... what is up... no problems with other sites.

Anyone else experiencing this?

There has been a problem for over a week now, maybe even closer to two weeks. I was hoping they would post some kind of update as to when the problem might be fixed. It is like it was about a year ago with slow slow slow loading, the dreaded time out screen and double posts right and left.

There was a thread started the day it began, but it is many pages back now.

It comes and goes.... and sometimes doesn't even respond. I have gotten to the point..... after re-authoring so many posts.... that I do a copy prior to hitting the "Submit Reply" button in case I need to try it again.

The slowdown also does not seem to be time dependent. I have had problems of slow or dead response in wee hours of the morning.

...........Time to "Ctrl C" and hope this gets there :) ;) ....................aw..... this one made it.

The site really isn't free ... it's funded by advertising. And, there is nothing wrong with that. But, you should be able to expect a site that (normally) operates properly (advertisers would also expect that!) I can't imagine Cruise Critic is happy about the problems they're experiencing. You ALWAYS want happy customers. What does surprise me is that Cruise Critic hasn't made some sort of statement acknowledging the problem and letting us know that steps are being taken to resolve it.

Of course the site is free .....how much did you pay?

Are the advertisers complaining?

Not that we know!

People love to complain on here.

Lets enjoy something for free!

If I was asked to pay an anual subscription of say $10 (£5) then I agree the service is not upto standard but then Cruise Critic ( or rather Trip Advisor who I believe "back" this site) would have the means to do something about it.

The simple question is " Do you want to pay to see the service improved?"

I remember it being the same last winter around this time. I believe there are so many users that the server can not handle the traffic. This is the busiest time of year for booking cruises, people are doing their research for upcoming cruises and the weather has more people indoors on their computers. Last year I believe CC did add some extra servers and acknowledged it, guess they're going to ride this one out since it's not as bad as last year was, at least in my opinion.

Had the same problems here but thought it was my ISP, a case of being annoying but no problem to come back later and try again, its ok for us in the uk because in the mornings here the site runs faster!

BritsBest ..hi there your not too far away from us.lol

Dave and Kerry.

There has been a problem for over a week now, maybe even closer to two weeks. I was hoping they would post some kind of update as to when the problem might be fixed. It is like it was about a year ago with slow slow slow loading, the dreaded time out screen and double posts right and left.

There was a thread started the day it began, but it is many pages back now.

More like a month. :eek:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=689056

:eek:

Well then, that does explain why my patience is wearing thing. It does get very old after a couple of weeks time, but as it goes over a month...............well, it wears on you.

An update on the problems, and if they are attempting to fix the problems, is definitely due.

The DIS (Disney Boards) were having performance issues similar to what CC is experiencing. After weeks, they finally focused on “large” threads. They’ve “locked” those “large” threads and it’s made a HUGE difference in performance time. Wonder if that could be a problem here too? :confused:

Archived