Trouble with the NCL website?

ehogan

No its not only you. I have been trying to do my advance registration several times a day for a week and have not been able to get past the sign-in screen. In my somewhat limited experience, the NCL website is very unreliable. I am just going to keep trying I guess.

ehogan,

If you are trying to book shore excursions on line, forget it. I tried to book some excursions for our upcoming transatlantic and they kept coming up "unavailable." I finally called the shore excursion number (866-625-1167) and booked them. The agent told me they were having trouble with the site:rolleyes: Save yourself LOTS of aggravation and book by phone.

BUT, on your other point, the NCL website (including this site) has been slow and/or non-responsive for weeks now.

Kathy

I am no technical guru but I would imagine that all the traffic is overloading thier servers.

I tried for 7 straight days at various times of the day and evening trying to complete the advance registration. I changed from internet explorer to firefox, used another computer, all to no avail.

Talking with NCL's technical support is like talking with a politician - never resolves the issue and insist it is your computer or operating system that is causing your problem. They told me my problem was Windows Vista - except I have Windows XP. The repsponse from NCL 'technical support' was to "keep trying" - Thanks for all your help - Not.

I finally got on this morning and quickly completed my advance registration. Funny when I called last week they told me it was my computer's operating system.

Very frustrating. My suggestion is to just keep trying since you will get no resolution from NCL staff on this.

Good Luck.

A Technical guru at CSU. I have Windows XP Pro on my desktop as does he on his. My laptop is Vista & Vista got thru to do our In Advance registration that went to his printer (laser) to print. Freaked him right out when he hadn;t asked it ot print anything & I come running up the stairs yelling that is the laptop printing! Then a Police Sargeant comes runnig over that is computer just blew. SO over he goes & replaces a few screws that he had. All is fine. Turns out his kids knocked it on the floor last night. I told him home is for them not CPD!

I am no technical guru but I would imagine that all the traffic is overloading thier servers.

I tried for 7 straight days at various times of the day and evening trying to complete the advance registration. I changed from internet explorer to firefox, used another computer, all to no avail.

Talking with NCL's technical support is like talking with a politician - never resolves the issue and insist it is your computer or operating system that is causing your problem. They told me my problem was Windows Vista - except I have Windows XP. The repsponse from NCL 'technical support' was to "keep trying" - Thanks for all your help - Not.

I finally got on this morning and quickly completed my advance registration. Funny when I called last week they told me it was my computer's operating system.

Very frustrating. My suggestion is to just keep trying since you will get no resolution from NCL staff on this.

Good Luck.

I had a ton of trouble, but I finally was able to get in and complete them on Pride of Aloha for May ll. Now I am back to just constantly trying to see if i can do them on Pride of America. I assume I have to redo them. Sometimes I get into the system before an error message. A few times I typed it all in for the P of Aloha, and it disappeared. However, they finally were done. IF I ever get them done this time, I am printing them immediately.

I had lots of trouble completing our advance registration. I submitted each of ours at least five times. I had to hit the back button, resubmit. After about five times on each one I got them to work. I think for our last one I'll try it really early in the am when I get up. Maybe their server won't be overwhelmed.

You really think it is due to overwhelming the server? I was just curious because I have had so many problems. I am a little worried I won't get them done by May..dead serious.

Yesterday I gave up and went to Princess and quickly did all of the questions for my July advanced booking.

I just haven't had this problem with other cruise websites. I do remember when I went to the Celebrity site a few times before my December NZ/Australia cruise their website would say something to the effect that they were doing routine maintenance and please check back shortly. However, that is different than just getting errors messages.

OK I still have a few months to get it done. :-) I am not a techie but I don't understand why it is just this one cruiseline website.

I am having the same trouble. I keep getting this message:

System Error

We're sorry, we've been unable to process your request at this time, please try again or contact us at 866.234.7351 for assistance.

When I called NCL, the contact person there even tried their web-site and informed me that she could not get in. Those who have, you must have magical computers that can even penetrate White House security.

I had the same trouble. Called ncl, had them do advance registration and book excursions. His name was Jim. Very helpful. I think the problem is that it times out before the form comes up. I'd just call so you know it's in the system.

It may be a coincidence, but after many frustrating attempts in the evening at home, I tried it during the day from my office and I got through no problem and completed the advance registration in no time at all!

Maybe try different times of day?

I agree. Fix the problem. I really think it has something to do with a "cheap" website. I have no clue what I mean, but I am thinking they don't put their money into a website that works well. The only reason I say that is because I don't have problems with other cruiseline websites.

Yesterday, I hit the second time a website wouldn't work REPEATEDLY. It was nonstop error messages all day. It was Airtran. I called and waited on hold forever. I told them I had booked three Delta tickets recently and never had a problem with their website. Anyway, they were insistant that I pay a $7.50 fee for not using their website. While I was chatting with the guy, I checked out US Air's website. I said.. you know what U.S. Air's website works fine too, and they have a fare comparable to you (unlike Delta for that trip). I will just book online with US Air. Thanks. Airtran seems to have the same problem as NCL. Weird..... I just wondered if US Air and Delta put more money into having a better internet website. No clue if it costs more to have one that runs better.

Whew, after another repeated attempt to book excursions I succeeded with only two of our five passengeres online. I finally picked up the phone and within five minutes I was finished. Next time I won't bother with the website. The personal touch was painless and so much faster!:)

Archived