MOS sold out?

fubarbloke

I just found out I'm taking a business trip to Los Angeles in a couple of weeks. I did the three night Monarch of the Seas cruise last Fall -- my first cruising experience -- and loved it. I thought that the next time I had to go to LA, I'd check out a cruise for the heck of it. So I did. And if I'm reading the RCCI website correctly (always a big if) there's nothing available for the 29 Feb sailing.

Do these cruises routinely sell out? Or are the rooms held by agents and might be released at some point?

I figured at this late date, rooms would either be dirt cheap or sky high, but I never figured the ship would be fully booked. It sure wasn't full last November.

Any ideas?

I just found out I'm taking a business trip to Los Angeles in a couple of weeks. I did the three night Monarch of the Seas cruise last Fall -- my first cruising experience -- and loved it. I thought that the next time I had to go to LA, I'd check out a cruise for the heck of it. So I did. And if I'm reading the RCCI website correctly (always a big if) there's nothing available for the 29 Feb sailing.

Do these cruises routinely sell out? Or are the rooms held by agents and might be released at some point?

I figured at this late date, rooms would either be dirt cheap or sky high, but I never figured the ship would be fully booked. It sure wasn't full last November.

Any ideas?

If it says on the website that they are sold out, they are sold out.

I've sailed 17 times on the Monarch...the weekend cruises are very often sold out. People use them as a fun way to party without having to drive under the influence! The four day cruises are more apt to have availability. It all depends on the dates and time.

Anyone know if Monarch of the Seas will be replaced by another ship and continue to offer the 3 & 4 night cruises? I hear that MOS last cruise on the West coast is Oct 13. If the 3 & 4 nighters are so popular, you'd think RCCL would continue them. Anyone know?

Anyone know if Monarch of the Seas will be replaced by another ship and continue to offer the 3 & 4 night cruises? I hear that MOS last cruise on the West coast is Oct 13. If the 3 & 4 nighters are so popular, you'd think RCCL would continue them. Anyone know?

No replacement as of yet. Who knows what the future of the 3/4 night cruise is out of San Pedro....RCI might have something planned but just isn't saying 'til it's a sure thing. I will miss having the Monarch here as it's been a great option for a short vacation for us.

Everyone I know who has been a Monarch frequent cruiser is bombarding the Miami office to complain about the absence of a ship in the 3-4 day cruise market. Granted, the Mariner is repositioning to San Pedro and will be doing seven day cruises - but many folks cannot take a week off at will and many people don't want a mega ship. Ultimately, if people keep asking, perhaps it will happen.

I had heard that, one reason, the Monarch was moving is that it did not meet California emission standards or some sort of environmental thing. I don't know how true that was.

There is one cabin left right now........Cabin 4082 Category F2 Oceanview,

Just wondering if I should hold it for you now and when you are available later I could release for you so you can grab it. I'm sure it won't last long.

Let me know when to release it for you, I'm going to go put it on a 24 hour hold right now. I'm on Eastern Time here so let me know later today.

Update: Just went back to grab it, looks like someone beat me to it. Sorry.I will try again before I leave for work.

Jimbo:)

Archived