Majesty of the Seas question

avidsailor

I've read in CC reviews that there is a sewer odor in the bathrooms. Has anyone experienced this? Also, is there storage space in the bathroom? We are getting a superior OV on deck 9 because my husband wants the extra space and thought that since it was higher in the ship, it might avoid the sewer odor. But one of the reviews was from a person in an owner's suite which is on deck 10! Also, how many outlets are there--do we need an extension cord?

I was in a JS about 6 weeks ago on Majesty, and never noticed any sewage smell anywhere on the ship...There were no outlets in the bathroom, so as far as an extension cord goes, I guess it depends on what you want to do with it...I'm going on the Majesty again the first of Sept., and I can't think of any reason I'd take an extension cord...I ended up doing my hair at the little vanity/desk area...Storage in the bathroom is somewhat tight...I had one of those hang on the back of the door cosmetic thingy's, and that worked quite well...I think we left our toothpaste, mouthwash, and couple of other things out on the counter most of the time, so there is some room...Just depends on how much stuff you have...And I'm also not sure if there's any size difference in a JS bathroom, and a regular bathroom...I wouldn't think much, if any...Hope this helps

Sailing on the Majesty 5/26 on my first cruise. Booked absolute cheapest room (interior, deck 2), but now I'm wondering if I should upgrade to a superior oceanview. Difference in price is about 250. Will the difference in space (119sf vs 157) be major? Advantages to each deck?

Also, I'm assuming that they will allow me to upgrade cabins is that correct?

TIA

If you don't mind the extra $$, get the largest cabin you can! Yes, the extra sq. footage will make a difference! (The cabins are really tiny!!!)

There are 2 outlets at the vanity-sufficient for hairdryer, curlers, etc... There is one plug in the bathroom, but it's only for electric shavers. (And there's no room to do anything except shave in there (think phonebooth size!)

We've never needed extra outlets, but some folks bring power strips or extension cords...

I've read in CC reviews that there is a sewer odor in the bathrooms. Has anyone experienced this? Also, is there storage space in the bathroom? We are getting a superior OV on deck 9 because my husband wants the extra space and thought that since it was higher in the ship, it might avoid the sewer odor. But one of the reviews was from a person in an owner's suite which is on deck 10! Also, how many outlets are there--do we need an extension cord?

We've been on the Majesty a few times and once was a JS and we never noticed this smell. I read on another thread recently that someone noticed it was the brush that the stateroom attendant uses to clean the toilet. Ive read when this is the case, she used a little shampoo on it and whisked the toilet with it to get some foam and then no more stinky. So, this may be the case in some instances and since it seems its isolated cases, this trick may work.

I will be on Majesty this very weekend. It will be my fourth cruise on the ship. I will check and see if I do come across any unseemly odors, but I didn't notice any in previous cruises on the ship.

I really like the idea of checking the toilet bowl brush (yuck!!!) If there should be an odar, that might be the culprit. Maybe they aren't changed often enough.:confused:

How was deck three?
Deck 3 is fine--it's close to the dining rooms and the purser's desk.

I've been on the Majesty 4 times and never smelled any sewer odor.

I agree with the previous poster--if you can afford it--get a superior OV--it's worth it.

Les

When I was on it in Sep. there was no odor in our cabin, but down the hall, there was one room that was constantly having their plumbing unclogged, and there was a bit of odor when you walked by when they were working on it. Apparently, they had a passenger in there who kept putting feminine hygine products into the head, no matter how many times they told her not to. It keep getting clogged, and they had to work on it at least once a day.

Other than that, no problems.

Archived