2009 Brides!

mara93

This is my first posting but I've been reading the boards for a couple of months now and have gotten some great ideas! : ) I've noticed there are a few of us cruising to Bermuda brides and I was wondering where everyone was having their ceremony. Also, what have you decided about your reception? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sibbyg,

I'm doing a small cocktail party after the wedding at the hotel we pick. We're going to have an AHR 3 weeks after we get back so no need to do the big reception on the island. As of right now I'm leaning towards Coco Reef but I'm waiting to hear back from Barbara about prices.

C~

First, congrats to all the 2009 brides (including me ;) ). After 6 years, my hunny and I are engaged. We have a big group of family and friends that take a Carnival cruise every 2 years or so. We already had booked a the Carnival Pride for June 20-27th, 2009. And then it came to us, everyone is already coming, let's get married too! It probably sounds a little backwards, but it works for us. We are getting married while in the port of Miami on June 20th & so far have 53 guests sailing with us. We also plan on having a Luau when we return for all of our friends that can't make it.

I'm so so excited and have become addicted to reading these boards. I've been quite productive so far- booked the DJ, ordered by silk flowers from Angel's Accents and been shopping for gift bag stuff. I think the hardest task will be dress shopping...but I want to go on a strict diet before I start trying things on.

I wish everyone a lot of luck and fun with their planning. I wish 2009 would hurry up already! :p

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats all the 2009 brides!! I am getting married Feb. 28th aboard the Carnival Liberty in the port of Miami. Not sure how many are cruising with us, so far we only have 10 confirmed. Doesn't really matter to us who all comes, we will be there. I wish everyone good luck on thier journey planning their weddings and their marriages!

I'm getting married in Sept. 6, 2009 leaving from port canaveral on the RCC Freedom. If anyone has any tips please let me know. Does anyone know where are they different places that they will let you have the reception.?:confused:

Wow, lots of activity since I was last on! We booked, finally, for our daughter's cruise wedding. Sailing aboard Freedom May 10.

Pug, she is getting married in OR also, haven't booked a wedding planner yet but am in touch with a few, working on a spreadsheet to see who offers what and for how much!

We are leaning toward dreamyweddings.com, anyone have any feedback on them?

Also, I have been trying to find out how to build their 'wedding website', where do I begin?

Good luck to all, hope everyone is having a great summer!

Congrats on your daughters upcoming wedding! I used the knot.com for a website at first and it wasn't very useful. A few months ago I built one using www.mywedding.com. It's free and very easy to navigate and well set up. Plus, they have great designs and you can add pictures, music, links, etc. I've never heard of dreamyweddings.com. I've heard of a few people using Tropical Weddings Jamaica and that's pretty much it besides going through a hotel/resort directly and using their planner. TWJ has pretty good reviews on a few different websites. Good luck!

Wow, lots of activity since I was last on! We booked, finally, for our daughter's cruise wedding. Sailing aboard Freedom May 10.

Pug, she is getting married in OR also, haven't booked a wedding planner yet but am in touch with a few, working on a spreadsheet to see who offers what and for how much!

We are leaning toward dreamyweddings.com, anyone have any feedback on them?

Also, I have been trying to find out how to build their 'wedding website', where do I begin?

Good luck to all, hope everyone is having a great summer!

Hello 2009 Brides,

I've been going crazy the last few days trying to decide to have a beach wedding, onboard wedding, etc. through Carnival Cruise Lines.

I have made a decision finally and I thought I would share my insights :) This is how I convinced myself :)

We are going to do an embarkation wedding because:

1) It comes with a reception and on beach weddings don't, plus the on beach weddings don't come with transportation for guests or even chairs, everything is extra!!!! On-board is more for your money!

2) Our wedding party gets on the boat first and doesn't have to wait all day, plus it's the first day of cruising so there's not much going on anyway, it'll be a nice welcome aboard party

3) We won't get screwed if there's bad weather, can't miss the place ur taking off from. I have read many horror stories about Grand Cayman Islands.

4) We won't be stressed through the whole cruise about the wedding, done and over with

5) We won't miss out on activities at the other ports, because if you get married in a port, you can't really go out on excursions because of the time limits

6) We don't have to worry about rain or too much sun, guests will be in the air conditioning

7) Lastly, we do want beach pictures, we can just go to the beach and take them, we don't need to get married out there :P

Maybe this will help some of you!!!

~D

First, congrats to all the 2009 brides (including me ;) ). After 6 years, my hunny and I are engaged. We have a big group of family and friends that take a Carnival cruise every 2 years or so. We already had booked a the Carnival Pride for June 20-27th, 2009. And then it came to us, everyone is already coming, let's get married too! It probably sounds a little backwards, but it works for us. We are getting married while in the port of Miami on June 20th & so far have 53 guests sailing with us. We also plan on having a Luau when we return for all of our friends that can't make it.

I'm so so excited and have become addicted to reading these boards. I've been quite productive so far- booked the DJ, ordered by silk flowers from Angel's Accents and been shopping for gift bag stuff. I think the hardest task will be dress shopping...but I want to go on a strict diet before I start trying things on.

I wish everyone a lot of luck and fun with their planning. I wish 2009 would hurry up already! :p

Hey,

Finally someone is doing the same thing as me!!! We'll be on the same cruise the 27th and we're thinking about getting married at the Miami port.

It's seems like it's the best deal allowing more vacation time in the long run.

~D

Hey Everyone.....

I am a 2010 Bride.... We are getting married while we are in ST Thomas at Emerald Beach. We can't wait!!!!!!!!!! I am working on planning a reception on our ship the NCL GEM that evening. I was planning to be a 2009 bride but I couldn't find an internary that we liked in 2009. Good Luck to all!!!!!

My fiance and I are getting married aboard the Adventure of the Seas in February 2009.

To the person who was inquiring about Dreamy Weddings- I am working with them now!! They are fantastic! Tova is the coordinator who I am working with and she is always on top of things. I definitely recommend Dreamy Weddings to anyone looking for a wedding planner.

Good Luck!!

• 2 weeks later...
I just booked our Wedding Cruise for Aug. 4, 2009 in Key West on the Enchantment of the Seas... really excited, but still trying to sort through all the options!

Congrats to everyone!!

I too am taking the Enchantment of the Seas to Key West. We found a wonderful wedding planner not associated with RCL. The package prices are great. Check out their website, www.weddingstogokeywest.com Good luck! We are taking the 8/31/09 cruise and getting married on the beach in Key West on 9/1/09. Less than a year I'm so excited! Congratulations to you! Good luck either way.

I realized I never "officially" added our wedding to the list!

August 3rd, 2009 in Bermuda - Leaving out of Bayonne on Explorer of the Seas

We already have over 50 people cruising with us and another 10 flying in directly to meet us there. We're uber excited!!!

I'm a 2009 bride also! We have yet to pick a date because RCL has yet to put out their itineraries. It will be the week after Thanksgiving in 2009. So far we have about 30 people who would like to go, but just waiting on them so we can finally book the cruise. I am talking to Debra with Fantasiaweddings.com and want to get married on the beach in St. Thomas.

I don't know if you have chosen a site for your ceremony but we are and have seen a weeding on Emerald Beach. When we saw the wedding there we said instantly that was where we were getting and we are booked for Jan 2010. We cant wait.

Emerald Beach is a georgus location and it doesn't seem to get the packed with people so you are able to enjoy your day. Good Luck.

Hi all, it's been a while since I have last posted. We are getting married on the FOS March 1, 2009. We have already paid for up to 25 people for the wedding and the reception. Though, we are now up to 51 people.

Does anyone know if the DJ will stick to certain music if requested early? I was hoping to keep the music a bit more 50's-60's.

Also, we've decided that the T-shirts we were having made up for the guests are just going to be sent to them so they can bring them on their own and we do not have to worry about packing them. I'm looking forward to some fun cheesy photos :) .

Hi all, it's been a while since I have last posted. We are getting married on the FOS March 1, 2009. We have already paid for up to 25 people for the wedding and the reception. Though, we are now up to 51 people.

Does anyone know if the DJ will stick to certain music if requested early? I was hoping to keep the music a bit more 50's-60's.

Also, we've decided that the T-shirts we were having made up for the guests are just going to be sent to them so they can bring them on their own and we do not have to worry about packing them. I'm looking forward to some fun cheesy photos :) .

Some DJ's are better than others. Because they are the ship's DJ, they don't always have a wide variety of music choices like regular DJ's do. Definitely request 50's & 60's music but if I were you, I'd make a CD of the music you'd like to hear and that way your bases are covered. There have been many DJ complaints on here so good luck!

Archived