2009 Brides!

mara93

Hi all, it's been a while since I have last posted. We are getting married on the FOS March 1, 2009. We have already paid for up to 25 people for the wedding and the reception. Though, we are now up to 51 people.

Does anyone know if the DJ will stick to certain music if requested early? I was hoping to keep the music a bit more 50's-60's.

Also, we've decided that the T-shirts we were having made up for the guests are just going to be sent to them so they can bring them on their own and we do not have to worry about packing them. I'm looking forward to some fun cheesy photos :) .

How exciting! Which port are you getting married in? We are almost exactly one month before you on FOS on 2/4/09. I think we've talked before :)

We're getting married 4/7/09 aboard the Celebrity Century in Key West. Any advice would be much appreciated since this is my first cruise!

WOW your first cruise is going to be on CELEBRITY! you are in for a treat!

congrats to all the new brides! i am getting really excited...less than 5 months away. i am also getting more and more frustrated though because i have only lost 5 lbs! and i want to lose around 15-20 more before the big day...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I am getting married aboard the Carnival Ecstasy porting out of Galveston or Houston.... Kind of makes it hard to make wedding plans! I was wondering if anyone here knew of someone in Galveston that could do my hair and make-up?

I'm getting married on 12th Feb 2009 on the New Solstice. It's a deck wedding as again the cost of a beach wedding just got more an more expensive.

It's also a secret, only myself and my fiance will be there, were gonna tell our folks when we get back.

Hi - This is my first posting on the boards. My daughter is getting married the day we dock in St. Thomas. We will be on the Carnival Freedom. I can't wait. Congrats to all the brides and remember to enjoy your day and don't sweat the small stuff.

out of curiosity.. any brides have thoughts about their first dance songs yet? i am having a hard time finding a really good one that does not get played at a lot of weddings like Amazed by loanstar (love the song but gets played at a lot of weddings)

I am using "Making Memories of Us" by Keith Urban

Hi - This is my first posting on the boards. My daughter is getting married the day we dock in St. Thomas. We will be on the Carnival Freedom. I can't wait. Congrats to all the brides and remember to enjoy your day and don't sweat the small stuff.

OMG!!!! We are getting married on 1/6/10 while docked in St Thomas... Where are they getting married? We choose Emerald Beach. It is sooo beauitful there. Congrats to ur daughter

I'm a 2009 bride also! We have yet to pick a date because RCL has yet to put out their itineraries. It will be the week after Thanksgiving in 2009. So far we have about 30 people who would like to go, but just waiting on them so we can finally book the cruise. I am talking to Debra with Fantasiaweddings.com and want to get married on the beach in St. Thomas.

Congrats!!!!! We are also using Debra. So far everything has been great. We still have a while since we aren't getting married unit 1/6/10. Good Luck with all your planning.

We just booked our Carnival Legend wedding last week! We are getting married July 19, 2009. I just built our website & we are sending out save the date cards this week. I have definitely learned a lot so far from reading this board the past week!

Congrats to all 2009 brides!

http://www.mywedding.com/steveandkimscruisewedding/

Kim

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any other Glory brides out there? :D

We will be getting married in Port Canaveral before the ship sets sail!

Ceremony: Green Room

Reception: White Heat

Any tips, tricks, suggestions are VERY MUCH welcome!

Thanks and congrats to all! :)

Hi all, it's been a while since I have last posted. We are getting married on the FOS March 1, 2009. We have already paid for up to 25 people for the wedding and the reception. Though, we are now up to 51 people.

Does anyone know if the DJ will stick to certain music if requested early? I was hoping to keep the music a bit more 50's-60's.

Also, we've decided that the T-shirts we were having made up for the guests are just going to be sent to them so they can bring them on their own and we do not have to worry about packing them. I'm looking forward to some fun cheesy photos :) .

Alaskaom: It would be great if we could keep in touch during the planning process (Sarice97 at hotmail). Our wedding is April 26 on the Freedom. It seems like we are the only ones going through the TWE for our ceremony/reception. So far so good for me and hope that things are the same for you. We seem to be in the same stage (paid for ceremony and min 25 guest reception; though like you I am at 51 :eek: ). Please let me know any advice/tips since your wedding comes before mine and if I find out anything I will be sure to pass it on.

:confused: I do have a couple questions though: Can we have food favors for our guests? Any invitation ideas?

Thanks,

~Sarice :)

Hello all...

My fiancee and I will be cruising aboard the NCL Dawn, and marrying while in St Thomas on 2-3-09.

We choose to forgo the wedding coordinator and simply booked an officiant to marry us upon our arrival in St. John.

Very excited and counting down the days, less than 100 already :)

Hi Sarice,

I have been having a good time with TWE so far, and that also has to do with being very open about everything. Now being above 25 people, we will not be able to have the chaple (which I really wanted). We haven't informed TWE about the extra people yet.

One thing that I nixed was the welcome bags. Way too much stuff for us to figure out how to get onboard, but we are doing favors. As far as I know, you can use food favors. We are having personalized M&M's made (you can go on their website) and I was going to have Hershey kisses scattered on the tables. Remember to have people designated to carry things for you, and they hand them over to the coordinators when we all get on board. You may want to stay away from liquid (like bubbles) favors, as they could cause a problem with you luggage or customs.

Have you figured out your cake topper? It is the best way I can think of to personalize a cake the the only choice you have is vanilla and chocolate. We have a funny cake topper for ours, with a fishing bride catching her hunny with a pole. It's very us.

I'm also making a sheet for my cruisers giving them some tips for while their onboard and I may mail that out with the T-shirts we thought of having done, otherwise I am putting my MOH or mom in charge of handing it out.

For my invistations... I sent out a save the date that I printed off using card stock from teh craft store, and I used a picture of the FOS that I copied off of google images. Then I used American Wedding for my invitations. Some assembly required, but turned out fantastic. I was going to go with a beach and sand type card but went for using my colors instead (navy,ecru and chocolate). For my thank you cards, we are going to have a picture of us made into a postcard and send those out.

What plans have you done so far? Have you thought on how you are incorporating your colors? That is the hard part for me.

I am at dianau333 at gmail.com and my site is http://mikeandsamantha.brides.com

Take care

Wow, haven't posted on this thread in a while. I will be a May 24th, 2009 Caribbean Princess bride.

We have picked out our cake topper (two crystal anchors crossing, with a frosted glass rope holding them together). I'm still waiting for it to come in the mail.

Someone a few months back asked about wedding songs. We chose "Destiny" by Jim Brickman. It's a very pretty song, and there's actually a male and female singing, so it doesn't feel like it's one sided :D

I also bought my dress the other night! Yay! I'm losing weight (12 lbs so far!), so the woman at Davids Bridal told me to order a size down (since it's taking three months to come in, and I'll be down a size by then). And if I happen to lose more, they could alter it down 2 sizes if they need.

We're closing in on the 200 day mark. I didn't send out invites yet, but I sent save the dates a couple of months ago. I'm sending out to 75 guests, all will most likely be non-sailing, except for my maid of honor and her boyfriend.

Congrats!!!!! We are also using Debra. So far everything has been great. We still have a while since we aren't getting married unit 1/6/10. Good Luck with all your planning.

The only problem I have had with her at first was I don't think she took me seriously as wanting to book, since I booed in March of this year and wedding isn't until December of 2009. Also prices went up on her site and she emailed me telling me I owe more money for the digital negatives, but when I book the package that I paid for came with the negatives. But other than that she has been great and it looks like a beautiful beach. Does anyone have any pics of this beach??? or anyone else use Fantasia Weddings?

Hi everyone. I just wanted to say that my husband and I got married in St. Thomas this past may. We were on the Carnival Destiny. So if anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to answer them. I know how confusing and stressful it can be to plan a wedding so far from home.

All the best,

Kim

The only problem I have had with her at first was I don't think she took me seriously as wanting to book, since I booed in March of this year and wedding isn't until December of 2009. Also prices went up on her site and she emailed me telling me I owe more money for the digital negatives, but when I book the package that I paid for came with the negatives. But other than that she has been great and it looks like a beautiful beach. Does anyone have any pics of this beach??? or anyone else use Fantasia Weddings?

If you would like I can email you a few of the ones that I took last fall when we were there. The was a wedding that day. So they are kinda neat to see.

Just post your email address and I will dig them up.

Amanda

Hi everyone. I just wanted to say that my husband and I got married in St. Thomas this past may. We were on the Carnival Destiny. So if anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to answer them. I know how confusing and stressful it can be to plan a wedding so far from home.

All the best,

Kim

Hi Kim - Did you get married on the beach? If so which one. Any tips for hair and makeup. Did you have that done and if so where? Thanks so much. My daughter is getting married there this Jan.

Yes, I got married on Lime Tree beach and I have to say it was the most beautiful spot ever. I actually had my hair and nails done on the ship but did my own makeup. They did a great job. Where is your daughter getting married?

Is Lime Tree Beach now called Bluebeard's Beach? I thought I read somewhere that the two are the same place. I hope so because I am getting married at Bluebeard's:D

Yes, I'm pretty sure it is. Because when we pulled up the sign of the resort or whatever it was where we parked said Bluebeards. So I think you will have a beautiful spot to say your I do's. Or you can always ask who ever is planning your wedding, they should know.

Archived