2009 Brides!

mara93

We are also getting married during our wedding cruise aboard Freedom of the Seas! Our wedding date is 2/4/09! We opted to get married in Jamaica and not use RCCL's wedding services. We are having a cocktail/appetizer hour before dinner. Congrats!

We are also getting married during our wedding cruise aboard Freedom of the Seas! Our wedding date is 2/4/09! We opted to get married in Jamaica and not use RCCL's wedding services. We are having a cocktail/appetizer hour before dinner. Congrats!

My son is getting married in Feb 09, and taking the Mariner of The Seas. We cant decide if we want to take the chance and go thru the ship, or take the chance and have a local beach wedding in Cabo. We are leaning more toward the ship because they have someone come to the ship the morning of, and take the blood test. But TWE is kinda scaring me! We will have the help of my Friend/TA as a go between, so Im hoping for the best. I think Jamaica would be a great place to get married, but I already had this cruise booked, so the kids were more than willing to go along. Hope all goes well with Feb 09 weddings!! Dot

I'm so excited to have stumbled across this board!!! Planning a wedding cruise has been exciting but also left me with a lot of questions and anxiety. It's great to have this board to be able to get ideas from! We are going on Freedom of the Seas with about 25 friends and family leaving from Miami on February 1, 2009. We are getting married in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Does anyone has info on ceremony locations for Ocho Rios? It seemed like every place my travel agent called in Ocho Rios wouldn't take us because we are coming in from a cruise. We may have a location but I am curious to hear what others have done.

Does anyone have any thank you gift ideas for guests? It's so difficult because it can't be anything hard to get there or take home. I've thought about giving each cabin a room credit? Hmmm...

I'm also trying to decide what to do about hair/makeup? I'm leaning towards using the spa aboard Freedom. Anyone have inside tips about that?

Thanks for all of the info I've read so far!

Does anyone know what Beach Royal Caribbean uses in Cabo San Lucas? We booked our wedding cruise last night, but cant do anything else till next week. And, the suspense is killing us!!:D We went last night, and my sons fiance tried on a wedding dress, and it is so pretty!! We are going next week to look at another one, but some how I think the first one is the right one. Ofcourse, its her decision. This is SO exciting!! I hope it doesnt turn into a nightmare.:eek: :) Dot

I know it's over a year ahead but I don't want to leave everything to the last minute. So we're sailing October 11-18 2009. Wedding date October 13. Time 3:30...eating at Sabatini's. Skywalkers for cocktails. Hmmmm what next lol

Getting married March 2009. We just booked it 4 Days ago. I am arleady sooo excited. I haven't even received my Carnvial Wedding paperwork and I am already trying to plan everything. I am so greatful for all the information I have received from everyone here. It has helped me out so much. Just wanted to say thanks :D

I'm so excited to have stumbled across this board!!! Planning a wedding cruise has been exciting but also left me with a lot of questions and anxiety. It's great to have this board to be able to get ideas from! We are going on Freedom of the Seas with about 25 friends and family leaving from Miami on February 1, 2009. We are getting married in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Does anyone has info on ceremony locations for Ocho Rios? It seemed like every place my travel agent called in Ocho Rios wouldn't take us because we are coming in from a cruise. We may have a location but I am curious to hear what others have done.

Does anyone have any thank you gift ideas for guests? It's so difficult because it can't be anything hard to get there or take home. I've thought about giving each cabin a room credit? Hmmm...

I'm also trying to decide what to do about hair/makeup? I'm leaning towards using the spa aboard Freedom. Anyone have inside tips about that?

Thanks for all of the info I've read so far!

I am thinking of making up little "beach bags" for my guest to have in their staterooms when they arive...it will be a tote with our names and wedding date on it (maybe the ship name i have to make sure that i am not enfringing on any copy right crap) and inside will be a little bottle of face sunscreen, a pair of flip flops and a few cupons or credits for a cocktail or two on the ship. thats what i have come up with so far. and before i forget...CONGRATS! i was also waaaaay excited to find this board!

how formal/informal is everyones wedding going to be that are having them on the ship itself? im just wondering what everyone is thinking... ours is going to be pretty much right in the middle. hope everyones planning is going well and with the least amount of stress possible!

Thanks for the congrats! I am so excited I wish we could fast forward to winter! I think we've decided (after finding so many great ideas on this board) to do the personalized luggage tags and an extra room credit they can use on the ship. I plan to send them out ahead of time as a "cruise care package" with a thank you note mentioning the credit, and any other reminders and info they'll need. You asked about how formal everyone is going. We aren't getting married on the ship...but...we are somewhere in the middle too. I told my guests they can dress however they will be comfortable. I'm sure they will still dress up somewhat.

Wow i never thought of doing luggage tags! that is a great idea...

we have our reception site at home booked for when we come back from the cruise wedding...sooooo excited! i also wish that we could Fast Forward some, but at the same time i only have 7 months until the wedding!

anyone trying to get into shape for their wedding? you would think that your wedding would be a good motivator but for some reason i am still lacking the motivation needed to do my cardio daily. i have a pretty bussy job up on my feet all day long and when i come home the last thing i want to do is exercise! anyone have any great words of wisdom/motivation to get my butt in gear? or someone to help keep me on track? i am at about 145-150 lbs and i would like to get down to 120-125 by february.

So I bought my dress yesterday.... The ball is officially rolling:)

got a picture of it? we would love to see it! my dress should be coming in soon! i had to order it in a pettete size cuz i am so short ha ha, the rest of me is not so pettete. this is my dress (on a model obviously), and my bridesmaids dresses, we are going to add a colored sash around the waist the same color as the bridesmaids dresses to my dress. sorry i cant get the bridesmaid smaller or the bride bigger.

t9297_primary.jpgs08_8933_2_20071203.psd.xml&cmp-color=top,x008FA9&ftr=5&cmp-end=1&wid=330&hei=460&cvt=jpg

Hi Girls (and Guys, if they're out there)!!!

I don't post often, more or a lurker. But I'm uber excited because we just paid the deposit and booked our ceremony at the Grand Old House, on the Cayman Islands!!

We're arriving via NCL and eloping as our shore excursion (much more memorable, in my opinion).

Tomorrow (Thurs) I am meeting with my Mom to do some dress shopping!

The planning is in full swing!

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first posting but I've been reading the boards for a couple of months now and have gotten some great ideas! : ) I've noticed there are a few of us cruising to Bermuda brides and I was wondering where everyone was having their ceremony. Also, what have you decided about your reception? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Add me to this list!

We finally decided that a cruise wedding and honeymoon was for us!

We are trying to coordinate with everyone to see what official date it will be. 2009 dates are booking up fast, so hoping to get this done as soon as possible!!

I'm so excited for our wedding on the Fascination on Valentine Day 2009!!!!! Has anyone gotten married during the cruise as opposed to embarkation day????:rolleyes:

We are getting married during the cruise in Ocho Rios...

I didn't work it out with Carnival really. I am not going through the wedding department because I don't want someone telling me when and where my wedding is going to be. I asked a family member to become a Justice of the Peace. ( its very simple these days) and they are going to perform an official ceremony at sea. I'm going through the "Group Planning Department" I requested a certain room, on a certain day at a certain time. I was able to get it :) I'm having a 3 hour reception with open bar, DJ, photographer, videographer, etc. My ceremony is at sunset, and my reception will actually follow after dinner. I wanted my wedding at night and the Wedding Dept, doesn't offer anything but day weddings.

I wish more cruise lines offered it too..the problem is they bring the "officials" on the ship while in port only. They don't have someone registered to do it onboard the ship. Where as Princess has a registered captain to do it.

Hi! I am sailing on the Carnival Sensation and getting married in Nassau, Bahamas on May 15, 2009.

I am sure this has been asked already, but how did you reserve the room for your reception? My wedding will be at sunset (6ish) as well, and we are trying to figure out how to have a reception as well. We didn't want to take away anyone's chance to eat the dinner they had already paid for (including us), plus we do want to do the whole wedding cake thing, so we're at a loss as to how to handle this. HELP! :)

Hi! I am sailing on the Carnival Sensation and getting married in Nassau, Bahamas on May 15, 2009.

I am sure this has been asked already, but how did you reserve the room for your reception? My wedding will be at sunset (6ish) as well, and we are trying to figure out how to have a reception as well. We didn't want to take away anyone's chance to eat the dinner they had already paid for (including us), plus we do want to do the whole wedding cake thing, so we're at a loss as to how to handle this. HELP! :)

You should have your TA contact the group department to book a reception location.

i'm getting married on 1/18/09 on carnival: legend! i can't wait...the only thing that bothers me is there are like zero pictures on the internet of any weddings or the cakes, etc. >< makes me nervous but it's not like i will have a ton of guests or anything to worry about.

I'm also getting married June 11, 2009 aboard Explorer of the Seas, in Bayonne NJ, ..just got engaged last month so theres still a lot of planning to do. I figured it was probably a lot more affordable than a land wedding and more romantic. anyone that has tips on how to make the wedding go smooth, let me know, especially other RCCL brides!

Melissa

Hey, if you go to cruiseclues dot com, they have a good section of cruise ship weddings. You can even watch a wedding being performed. Each line has a lot of good info and a short review for each wedding in each destination. I havent had a chance to look thru it all yet, but it looks like some pretty good info. I found it by doing a google for cruiseship weddings. I go to that site from time to time, but had never noticed they had a great wedding section. Enjoy, Dot

Hello...

I became engaged last weekend and I am so excited!!! We are thinking of getting married in June or July/2009 on a Carnival Cruise (New England/Canada) but still tossing the idea around (we are open to any cruise line/destination...

Congrats to you all :-)

Donna

Archived