2009 Brides!

mara93

One of the top "favors" amongs cruising brides are the personalized water bottle labels. I pride myself in taking the stress of the favors off of the bride. Come in and check it out, I would love to help make your day special! I offer personalized favors, such as coasters, table place card holders, mintbook favors and much more

Jamie

www.beautifulfavorsfast.com

Hello All! I have been reading these boards every other day, and I still have 7 months to go!

We are getting married on January 17, 2009 on the Celebrity ship "Century" out of Miami and we are so excited.

We have 50 guests coming to the wedding so far, and 37 of them are sailing with us. For all the grief I got about this destination wedding, there sure are a lot of people joining us! :)

We're getting married on the deck and bringing our own silk flowers. I want to get those door hangers for our guest's rooms, and do guest bags, too. I love celebrity cruise's deck canopy.

Today we decided to do the 1 hour buffet reception with an added hour of open bar. My biggest concern about the buffet is that the disco lounges are so tacky, but hey- We decided to go with the Hemisphere Lounge, which has a bright purple theme- My fiance has decided to break the ice by cracking jokes about the carpet with Prince's "Purple Rain" playing in the background.

Because the buffet comes with 5 different kinds of deserts (creme brulee, torte, cheesecake, panacotta with mango, tiramisu), we are not going to order an additional wedding cake. I have convinced my fiance that there will be plenty of cake the rest of the cruise.

I'm still hesistant on colors, but I am trying to go with jewel tones (purple, magenta and a royal blue)- each girl will have the same dress, but different color. The moms are going to wear gold.

I got my wedding dress two weeks ago, and it's so pretty! 7 months seems like a long time now, but I am sure it will fly by. Any other Century brides out there sailing in January?

The best advice I have found so far is to make a list of all the different shots you want taken by the photographer, and bring samples if you can. I am so doing that.

I am so glad all of you are posting and I look forward to many more great reads!

We are getting married 2/2/09 in the Grand Cayman port and sailing on the Carnival Destiny. We opted to book a ceremony and cocktail hour with a local hotel because we want to get married with "our feet in the sand".

I have bought the wedding dress, BM dresses, GM outfits.

I am finishing up on my DIY invites. Already sent the STD's a while ago.

Starting the OOT bags...bought $1 canvas bags and plan to iron-on a tropical pic with the cruise dates, ordered the custom koozies, bought after-sun lotion from $1 store, and plastic coasters in the shape of hibiscus which I am turning into luggage tags. (it will also include a wedding/cruise brochure)

I am also planning on doing a DIY bikini that says "Mrs. B.." on the tushy to suprise my FH the day after the wedding. Perfect for a cruise wedding!

So far we have 18 cabins booked which is more than expected :D approx 40 people!

The weather seems to be pretty mild that time of year. Can someone please confirm that 73low to 81 high is beach weather?!? It sounds like room temp to me but I guess with the sun shining we will still be good to go on the pool deck...right?

I cant wait!!!!!

We are getting married 2/2/09 in the Grand Cayman port and sailing on the Carnival Destiny. We opted to book a ceremony and cocktail hour with a local hotel because we want to get married with "our feet in the sand".

I have bought the wedding dress, BM dresses, GM outfits.

I am finishing up on my DIY invites. Already sent the STD's a while ago.

Starting the OOT bags...bought $1 canvas bags and plan to iron-on a tropical pic with the cruise dates, ordered the custom koozies, bought after-sun lotion from $1 store, and plastic coasters in the shape of hibiscus which I am turning into luggage tags. (it will also include a wedding/cruise brochure)

I am also planning on doing a DIY bikini that says "Mrs. B.." on the tushy to suprise my FH the day after the wedding. Perfect for a cruise wedding!

So far we have 18 cabins booked which is more than expected :D approx 40 people!

The weather seems to be pretty mild that time of year. Can someone please confirm that 73low to 81 high is beach weather?!? It sounds like room temp to me but I guess with the sun shining we will still be good to go on the pool deck...right?

I cant wait!!!!!

I definitely would not want it any hotter. Unless you are getting married in your bathing suit, you and your guests are going to be wearing regular clothes, so I think you should be comfortable with those temperatures (in fact if anything, you'd be too hot in my opinion). It is probably going to be mid-80s when we get married on the beach, and the fact that everyone will be uncomfortable in the heat is the only real concern I have about the wedding. I would pray for 70s!

Thanks!!! My marriage license will probably be from NY. I havent gotten that far yet. But when I spoke with a WC at Carnival they told me as long as I have an official who can sign the marriage license I can legally get married at sea.

I hope they do too!! I guess being a royal pain pays off.

I don't want to burst your bubble, but your marriage will not be legal if you do it this way. Whichever state you get your marriage license from is where you HAVE to get married. It will not be legal if you get married at sea. I would call Carnival and double check this because I would hate for you to be disapointed. Weddings at Sea are only LEGAL on Princess and now Celebrity starting this Fall. Check, double check and triple check because I'm almost positive the WC at Carnival gave you wrong information!!

I don't want to burst your bubble, but your marriage will not be legal if you do it this way. Whichever state you get your marriage license from is where you HAVE to get married. It will not be legal if you get married at sea. I would call Carnival and double check this because I would hate for you to be disapointed. Weddings at Sea are only LEGAL on Princess and now Celebrity starting this Fall. Check, double check and triple check because I'm almost positive the WC at Carnival gave you wrong information!!

I wondered this same thing, however is this possible: the marriage license is from NY, but the officiant, bride and groom don't actually sign it until the ceremony at sea, thus making it "legal" at that point, but it would still be a NY license? I am sure there is a law that states that if you use a marriage license for the state of NY, you must get legally married (have everyone sign it) in NY in order for it to be legal. But even if this is the law, can't the officant, bride and groom sign it at sea anyway? Who would really know whether it was signed at sea or on land just before leaving or right after you return home? I know it truly isn't even recognized as ebing legal until the officiant returns it to the appropriate courthouse, but this could be done once they return home, right? Could this be a "loophole" to get aruond not being able to get married at sea?

plastic coasters in the shape of hibiscus which I am turning into luggage tags.

Wow you are so smart, I saw those at the dollar store and thought they were cute but I didn't know if coasters were a practical thing to put in an OOT bag but I was thinking of having luggage tags so I might have to steal your idea!

I wondered this same thing, however is this possible: the marriage license is from NY, but the officiant, bride and groom don't actually sign it until the ceremony at sea, thus making it "legal" at that point, but it would still be a NY license? I am sure there is a law that states that if you use a marriage license for the state of NY, you must get legally married (have everyone sign it) in NY in order for it to be legal. But even if this is the law, can't the officant, bride and groom sign it at sea anyway? Who would really know whether it was signed at sea or on land just before leaving or right after you return home? I know it truly isn't even recognized as ebing legal until the officiant returns it to the appropriate courthouse, but this could be done once they return home, right? Could this be a "loophole" to get aruond not being able to get married at sea?

I was wondering that too. From everyone I asked, the answer is it won't be legal. I don't think I would want to take that chance. The marriage license must be from a state that the justice of the peace can legally perform ceremonies too. If it were me, I'd get legally married first at home and then have the real ceremony on the ship at sea so legalities don't matter.

anyone know anything about carnival weddings? we booked ours and sent in the contract today but i was just wondering if anyone knows anyone that has had a wedding before on a ship...i know this sounds really shallow but my FH really wanted to do the wedding on a ship. he proposed on a cruise this past april (his first one) and loved it so much that he was planning our wedding on a ship by the 3rd day. lol. but there is a part of me that is thinking that this is going to be a big disapointment to me. ive always invisioned the traditional wedding, and i dont want our ceremony to be "cheesey". I love cruising and i love the idea of having the wedding on the ship, we are having a reception when we come home anyway, i just hope that i still get to walk down the isle with my dad giving me away type ceremony... anyone have any thoughts or advice? i dont want this to come accross as me not being ok with the cruise wedding cuz i am, i am just wondering if it is really as great as it sounds and still classy.

anyone know anything about carnival weddings? we booked ours and sent in the contract today but i was just wondering if anyone knows anyone that has had a wedding before on a ship...i know this sounds really shallow but my FH really wanted to do the wedding on a ship. he proposed on a cruise this past april (his first one) and loved it so much that he was planning our wedding on a ship by the 3rd day. lol. but there is a part of me that is thinking that this is going to be a big disapointment to me. ive always invisioned the traditional wedding, and i dont want our ceremony to be "cheesey". I love cruising and i love the idea of having the wedding on the ship, we are having a reception when we come home anyway, i just hope that i still get to walk down the isle with my dad giving me away type ceremony... anyone have any thoughts or advice? i dont want this to come accross as me not being ok with the cruise wedding cuz i am, i am just wondering if it is really as great as it sounds and still classy.

How classy or cheesy your cruise ship wedding can be is totally up to the couple. There are alot of variables that come into play but I have worked and attended some lovely cruise weddings on various cruiselines!! If you have always envisioned a traditional wedding and a beautiful location with lots of details and decorations, then this may not be for you. It all depends on your expectations...you can have all the same traditions (walking down the aisle with Dad, reception with cake cutting, garter toss, etc.) and the ceremony is however you want it to be. Then there are reception packages with different food options and extras like DJ or Piano player. Most people are very happy! Good luck and let me know if I can help! :)

I was wondering that too. From everyone I asked, the answer is it won't be legal. I don't think I would want to take that chance. The marriage license must be from a state that the justice of the peace can legally perform ceremonies too. If it were me, I'd get legally married first at home and then have the real ceremony on the ship at sea so legalities don't matter.

But if the JOP is from the same state where you get the marriage license, and it is just signed by everyone at sea and then turned back in to the appropriate courthouse, how could it not be legal? I am not trying to be argumentative Hollidaygal, I am just really intrigued by this now;) I am just the kind of person who wants to know WHY something can't happen, and it seems as though it woud be possible to make this happen. I am getting legally married before we leave anyway and we aren't getting maarried on the ship, but now I am curious as to whether or not this is a possibility for other brides? I will actually be talking to a JOP later today, so maybe I will aks him. Hmm...very interesting:D

But if the JOP is from the same state where you get the marriage license, and it is just signed by everyone at sea and then turned back in to the appropriate courthouse, how could it not be legal? I am not trying to be argumentative Hollidaygal, I am just really intrigued by this now;) I am just the kind of person who wants to know WHY something can't happen, and it seems as though it woud be possible to make this happen. I am getting legally married before we leave anyway and we aren't getting maarried on the ship, but now I am curious as to whether or not this is a possibility for other brides? I will actually be talking to a JOP later today, so maybe I will aks him. Hmm...very interesting:D

I hear ya...I was thiking the same way. I am not sure how they could get caught I just wanted to warn her in case for some reason it doesn't work out. I am a rule follower kind of person (well, mostly) and when it comes to something this important I wouldn't take any chances. You know what they say about best laid plans...Definitely ask the JOP you are refering to. I'd love to know what he says!

Hello 2009 Brides and Grooms (lets not forget them) :)

My niece is getting married April 25th. They don't know it but I'm sending them on a cruise. I just don't know how to trick them into getting their passports. I also read bad reviews about Carnival cruises so I'm just hoping those people were the only ones with a bad time.

What I like to know is what is best cruise for the bucks? I want them to see a lot and really enjoy themselves. I'll be driving them to Florida so no need for a plane. They are in their 20's and of legal age to drink.

I'm going to keep reading but I would like advice because after all this will be their HONEYMOON :).

Thanks in advance

Cindy

I'm a 2009 bride also! We have yet to pick a date because RCL has yet to put out their itineraries. It will be the week after Thanksgiving in 2009. So far we have about 30 people who would like to go, but just waiting on them so we can finally book the cruise. I am talking to Debra with Fantasiaweddings.com and want to get married on the beach in St. Thomas.

HI!

Just wondering if you had made any decisions for your wedding in St. Thomas. I am still in the early phases of planning but It looks like we are going to be getting married in St. Thomas (via the Freedom of the Seas) in Sept. 2009. I am currently comparing Fantasiaweddings with Paradise Bridal Consultants. Have you compared the two at all?

Hope all the 2009 brides planning is going well!

I hear ya...I was thiking the same way. I am not sure how they could get caught I just wanted to warn her in case for some reason it doesn't work out. I am a rule follower kind of person (well, mostly) and when it comes to something this important I wouldn't take any chances. You know what they say about best laid plans...Definitely ask the JOP you are refering to. I'd love to know what he says!

Ok so I talked with a JOP. He said he isn't sure how laws in other states are (we are in PA), but he thinks that it is possible to get a license, have it signed at sea, and then mailed in to the appropriate courthouse upon return home, and it would be legal. The only thing is, is that on the marriage license it asks where the marriage took place. He thinks the JOP would likely have to lie and say it took place somewhere in the state where the license is from. He said the state would really have no way of knowing if it did take place at sea, so it would be legal as long as it is written as taking place in the state.

Hi all 2009 brides! In about a week, I'll be calling up TWE to book all the stuff for the reception. I hope it'll go nice and smooth. I got a lot of my favors already, because I don't want to be overwhelmed getting everything last minute. It seems like less money spent when you purchase it over time :)

What are the rules about taking "extra" pictures and videos at a RCI wedding. Does TWE restrict this? We will purchase a picture package for sure, and more than likely a video, but would also like our own candid shots...Dot

Ok so I talked with a JOP. He said he isn't sure how laws in other states are (we are in PA), but he thinks that it is possible to get a license, have it signed at sea, and then mailed in to the appropriate courthouse upon return home, and it would be legal. The only thing is, is that on the marriage license it asks where the marriage took place. He thinks the JOP would likely have to lie and say it took place somewhere in the state where the license is from. He said the state would really have no way of knowing if it did take place at sea, so it would be legal as long as it is written as taking place in the state.

Thanks for the info! Interesting we haven't seen any posts from the original bride who presented this...are you still out there?? I hope she is aware of all this. Just my two cents, but I wouldn't want anyone to lie in this regard or know it was a lie. Just seems like bad karma to start off a marriage, ya know? I hope it works out!!

Hi all 2009 brides! In about a week, I'll be calling up TWE to book all the stuff for the reception. I hope it'll go nice and smooth. I got a lot of my favors already, because I don't want to be overwhelmed getting everything last minute. It seems like less money spent when you purchase it over time :)

The ladies that work in the Princess Dept. (is that the cruiseline??) at TWE are great. I am sure you will be pleased with the level of service. If you encounter any problems or have any questions, feel free to let me know and I will do all I can to help you. Good luck & congrats!!

What are the rules about taking "extra" pictures and videos at a RCI wedding. Does TWE restrict this? We will purchase a picture package for sure, and more than likely a video, but would also like our own candid shots...Dot

There are no rules if the guests taking pics and shooting the video are not professionals. Just make sure they don't have professional equipment and that they don't get in the way of the hired photographer and videographer and all should be fine! Good luck!

There are no rules if the guests taking pics and shooting the video are not professionals. Just make sure they don't have professional equipment and that they don't get in the way of the hired photographer and videographer and all should be fine! Good luck!

No professionals here !!:D Thanks for the reply! Dot

Archived