Cost of Drinks?

WinnieinWA

How much for a rum and coke type drink? Margarita?

Thanks

Always ask for your drink in a "plain" glass, particularly those margaritas.

I don't know exact prices, and believe it or not, prices are not uniform across the cruiseline, but here's a good idea: Rum and coke should be about five or six. Margaritas will range, depending on whether they are on special, but about six to eight dollars.

More definite information will come from others, I'm sure.

:)

The normal cocktails are under $5.00--top-shelf liquor is a bit more. Foo-foo drinks are more, still! You do get your money's worth on regular cocktails--they're very strong! Foo-foos are rather weak, for the money! (I think you're paying for "atmosphere!")

Domestic beer is quite reasonable, too.

We were pleasantly surprised at the drink prices on our first cruise. We'd heard from several people that the drink prices on cruises were outrageous, so I expected froo froo drinks to be around $10.

I learned about the "plain glass" tip here on cc, and passed that on to our friends who have all become cruisers a long with us. :D

You can extra (double) size your mixed drink for $1 more over the regular size glass price. It is not on the price list but I read about it here on CC last year and got exactly that, which is a tall boy glass, on my next cruises when I requested it from the waiters.

You can extra (double) size your mixed drink for $1 more over the regular size glass price. It is not on the price list but I read about it here on CC last year and got exactly that, which is a tall boy glass, on my next cruises when I requested it from the waiters.

Has anyone heard of this?!?!!!

I've heard about the after dinner shooters, but I've never seen them on the menu, just the usual after dinner cordials. How do you go about getting a list of what is available or ordering them? Any suggestions on what's good?

EDIT:

Corrected list. ;)

After dinner shooters

America the Beautiful: Creme de Cocoa White, Blue Curacoa, Bailey's & Creme de Almond

B-52: Kahlua, Baileys, Grand Marnier

Beam Me Up Scottie: Kahlua, Frangelico, Baileys

Blow Job: 4 different recipes

bailey's and kahlua topped with whipped cream

bailey's and amaretto topped with whipped cream

bailey's and butterscotch schapps topped with whipped cream

bailey's and cream de banana topped with whipped cream

Hands behind your back, pick up the glass with your mouth, tilt your head back and swallow.

Blue Eyed Blonde: Creme de Banana, Blue Curacao, Baileys

Brain Hemorrhage: Peach Schnapps, Baileys, Drop of Grenadine (mix the Bailey's and schnaps together, dot the grenadine on the mixture with a straw.)

Buttery Nipple: Bailey's & Butterscotch Schnaps

Caribbean Kiss: Tia Maria, Creme de Banana, Baileys

Chocolate Chip: Creme de Cocoa White, Godive & Bailey's

Coffee Toffee: Kalua & Bailey's

Cool Running: Tia Maria, Creme De Banana & Baileys

Daisy Goes Crazy: Creme de Cocoa White, Bailey's, Amaretto & Creme de Almond

ET: Midori, Baileys, Vodka

French Kiss: Creme de Cacao White, Amaretto, Baileys

Hop, Skip and Go Naked: Creme de Almond, Midori, Amaretto, Baileys

International Kiss: Creme De Cacao Dark, Frangelico, Amaretto, Kahula & Baileys.

Italian Stallion: Creme de Almond, Creme de Cacao White, Creme de Menthe Green, Baileys

Mind Racer: Kahlua, Vodka, Club Soda

Mudslide: Kahlua, Bailey's & Vodka

Nutty Irishmen: Frangelico & Bailey's

Pretty Woman:Creme De Almond, Midori, Amaretto & Baileys

Rattlesnake: Kahlua, Creme de Cacao White, Baileys

Screaming Orgasm:2 recipes

Creme de Cacao Dark, Frangelico, Amaretto, Drambuie, Baileys, Cream

Amaretto, kahlua, frangelico, bailey's, grand marnier topped with whipped cream

Sex on the Beach: Peach Schnapps, Vodka, Cranberry and Orange juice

Slippery Nipple: Sambucca, Baileys

Smashing Hasta la Vista: Kahlua, Bailey's Grand Marnier & Frangelico

Toasted Almond: Kahula, Amaretto & Baileys

On our cruise we found that they only had one flavor of after dinner shooters available each night. It wasn't a problem because it was fun being surprised with that nights "selection". I believe they were $6.95 and came in a souvenir "loving cup". The first night in the dinning room we just told our bar waiter that we would want them each night and we didn't have to worry about it after that!

I've heard about the after dinner shooters, but I've never seen them on the menu, just the usual after dinner cordials. How do you go about getting a list of what is available or ordering them? Any suggestions on what's good?

I posted the list for you and forgot to answer the all important question you asked.

Any suggestions on what's good?

The answer is: I am not kidding. Every single one of them. :D

The answer is: I am not kidding. Every single one of them. :D

Gotta agree with you here Alexis. I'm still working my way through the entire list (I'm getting close), but I haven't met one yet that I didn't like.:p

Gotta agree with you here Alexis. I'm still working my way through the entire list (I'm getting close), but I haven't met one yet that I didn't like.:p

We just have to meet on a cruise some day. :D

My husband can be the designated driver if I start on these shooters. One gulp and they are gone. :o I did a B2B on the Enchantment in 2002 when she was still doing 7 day cruises. I had a different one each night thanks to a drink server who knew I liked them. Sometimes two.

Like you, I never met one that was not good!

Mind you, I never drink at home. I have no desire. Must be that sea air. :rolleyes:

I have the whole collection of shot glasses - plus several extras. :p

My next year's cruises are Alaska and ? You're welcome to come join the fun on either one.:D I don't know when and where ? mark will be yet, although it will probably be late summer - part of it depends on if Carol and I can finally work it out to go on a cruise together.

Just back from the Voyager and the house brand drinks, rum and coke etc., were $4.25. Call drinks were $5.50. If you didn't specify that you wanted the house brand you would get a call drink. We don't drink expensive rum or bourbon so the house brands were fine with us. You will save $.75 each drink if you the house brands. If you have several drinks over the entire length of the cruise it will add up.

Archived