All Things LIBERTY of the Seas

krmlaw

My boys were in the 12 to 14 yo group. The leaders were great but it really depends on whether they mesh with the other kids on board. There were usually about 30 in their group. They did the scratch DJ lessons, teen only boogie boarding and wall climbing, amazing race equivalent, late night pool party (make your curfew rules very clear from the start), late night dance where they take over the disco, and lots of hang out time. There are drop in soccer and basketball games, minigolf, etc. They also had rock band and wi tournaments and parlor games that got them to know each other better were organized by the leaders. Your kids will love it even though they may not tell you about everything until you are home. Enjoy your cruise.

Chinook, we were on the same sailing...wasn't it GREAT?

I will post much more when I get all our pictures up, but a couple things to add to your post...

I agree about the cheesy backgrounds for the portraits. We don't do any of the backgrounds, just the ones around the ship.

And we also enjoyed the welcome, ice, and farewell shows, but the production shows were on the lame side. We ended up joking that it was a good little nap time after dinner before later evening activities!

We had the BEST time in ports. For Labadee we did the same as you, just swam, got a mat, made a quick trip through the flea market before the pressure sales got to us, and enjoyed chilling in the beautiful surroundings. We were worried about being able to tender since it had been so rough and windy through the night before, but I guess it is often that way, and the bay at Labadee is almost always calm enough. We got over on the second tender and took some great pics before the crowds arrived.

At Montego Bay we did a ship's tour for river tubing trip, and it was incredible. Driving into the hills it was like entering another world, and our river guide, Leon, was awesome. So beautiful and relaxing floating down the clear, cool river, with Leon spinning stories for us. He even got some limestone from the riverbank and gave us riverside pedicures as good as any spa.

We were lucky at Grand Cayman. We had booked a Rays, Reef, and Rum Point tour through Native Way, and at first they told us that the authorities had shut down the stingray area due to the winds. But when we headed that direction, our guides suddenly threw out the anchor and told us all to get in the water -- rays were all around us! It was the most incredible experience. Then we went to Coral Garden and snorkeled for almost an hour before heading to Rum Point Beach, where a wonderful jerk pork and fresh seafood lunch was waiting for us. It was a beautiful place to chill for a couple hours, enjoying rum punch and dozing on the gorgeous beach.

At Cozumel we went to Paradise Beach. A little touristy, but a nice swim/beach/play day.

I have posted all the cruise compasses on photobucket, if anyone is interested. Here is the link:

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h267/subtchr/Liberty%20of%20the%20Seas%20Cruise%20Compasses/

I am working on posting the many photos my son and I took as well.

Happy cruising to all!

Sue in Ohio

Edited by subtchr

a beer was about 6 bucks and the frozen specialty drinks were about $8.25 - my favorite was the wildberry lava flow. Yummy :)

With all the talk lately about drink prices going sky high I'm just curious if someone who recently got off the Liberty could give me an idea of the drinks on this ship.

Last year when we were on the Radiance the drink of the day was only $5.95. I'm reading that the drink of the day is now somewhere around $10.

That price won't stop me from having some, but it might force me to cut back on how many I have. :D

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone! Just a quick post from the Liberty of the Seas on Wednesday night, eastern sailing, 12:30 a.m.

OMG!!!:D:D:D

I have so much to tell but at $.55/minute, it's going to have to wait until we get home to Michigan on Sunday.

Weather has been absolutely fab. Tomorrow at Labadee, partly cloudy and 90!!! Yes, I said 90!!!

Gotta go!

Cathy

Does anyone have Compasses for the Eastern itinerary?? I saw the ones for the Western. There are a lot of pages to search through on this thread, so if someone knows if they exist on here, it will save me a 50 page search.

Another question - In Puerto Rico, how late was it when you got off the ship? Anyone try to get to the forts? Are they within walking distance from the pier or do we need a cab? My understanding is most things close at 5 and we aren't supposed to get into port till 3.

Thanks!!!!!!!

Thanks for the Compasses, subtchr.

Can anyone tell me how the night flows if you have 1st seating dinner? I mean looking at the Compass, it seems you may miss a lot. From the end of dinner until the parades, etc. seems a long wait. Please tell me your experience. Thanks.

Does anyone have Compasses for the Eastern itinerary?? I saw the ones for the Western. There are a lot of pages to search through on this thread, so if someone knows if they exist on here, it will save me a 50 page search.

Another question - In Puerto Rico, how late was it when you got off the ship? Anyone try to get to the forts? Are they within walking distance from the pier or do we need a cab? My understanding is most things close at 5 and we aren't supposed to get into port till 3.

Thanks!!!!!!!

I posted these from my September cruise.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30859972@N08/sets/

Our family is taking our first cruise ever, and never expected to see the amount of info available. This thread has been VERY helpful, but also very overwhelming. Dad is looking for relax with the 3 & 5yo, but Mom is super into all the details, activities, etc. Can anyone point a freaked-out dad to a site with info for 1st timers? Also, an important question...is ther self-service laundry on the Liberty?

thanks.

Canuck38 (on Liberty of the Seas - Jan.31/09)

Also, an important question...is ther self-service laundry on the Liberty?

thanks.

Sorry no Self-Serve Laundry, but they do have a dry cleaning service. If you a do a search you should be able to find a price list.

Enjoy :cool:

Our family is taking our first cruise ever, and never expected to see the amount of info available. This thread has been VERY helpful, but also very overwhelming. Dad is looking for relax with the 3 & 5yo, but Mom is super into all the details, activities, etc. Can anyone point a freaked-out dad to a site with info for 1st timers? Also, an important question...is ther self-service laundry on the Liberty?

thanks.

Mom and dad should not worry. One of the best things about a cruise is you can do as little or as much as you like.

There isn't a self-serve laundry service on the Liberty. Although I have never used it, they do have a laundry service whereby you fill up a bag (I understand it pretty small) and they will do the laundry for you. I believe it's $20 per bag.

Thanks for the Compasses, subtchr.

Can anyone tell me how the night flows if you have 1st seating dinner? I mean looking at the Compass, it seems you may miss a lot. From the end of dinner until the parades, etc. seems a long wait. Please tell me your experience. Thanks.

We were on Liberty 11/8 and had 1st seating. We still saw the shows after and parades before dinner. But I believe 2009 they're starting the option of any time dining. You can still choose 1st or 2nd seating or prepay your gratuities and dine anytime. Maybe someone else can clarify this. I wish we had that choice because each day varies as to when you want to go to eat.

Hello, this thread is fantastic! We are sailing for the first time on RC in June, on LOS, and cannot wait! I read every page here, and still have a question...are there any kind of shelves in the bathroom to hold toiletries, etc? Better yet, does anyone have any pics? I have seen pics of the shower, but not the sink area.

Thank you!

Hello, this thread is fantastic! We are sailing for the first time on RC in June, on LOS, and cannot wait! I read every page here, and still have a question...are there any kind of shelves in the bathroom to hold toiletries, etc? Better yet, does anyone have any pics? I have seen pics of the shower, but not the sink area.

Thank you!

Don't have pics but there are 3 shelves on one side of the bathroom mirror and there is a shelf under the sink. There are also 3 shelves on each side of the mirror in the room.

thanks.

As others have said, the cruise will be perfect for your family, especially on Liberty. My boyfriend and I were on Liberty the first week of December, and we were all set to do a lot of activities, but ended up spending a lot of time just relaxing on our balcony or by the pool. Dad and the kids can just relax by the pool (the kids pool is amazing!), but there is also a ton to do too. And the day at Labadee is really nice. It is a nice beach day where you can just sit and relax and play in the water. Check out the posts on Labadee and the ports you're going to, and don't freak out. Just plan on having fun and you will have a great time. Have a great trip!

Hey Ya'll-I just wanted to tell everyone how much I have enjoyed this thread. I accidently found it when trying to do some research into which excursions will be the best for our next cruise on LOS 4/25/2009!! (Just booked about 10 days ago!!) I have gone back & started reading from the beginning & taking notes. Thanks to everyone for all the good info!! I am so excited. I am still learning how this "thread works". I have never participated like this. So I am learning slowwwly! I have to limit myself to so much a day-it is so addicting!!

A couple of questions I haven't gotten answers for yet but I am still reading.

1-We (me-Julie, DH-Dean, DD, Tiffani-13) r on the Eastern itinerary-which r the best excursions? We have never been to SJ,P or L,H-we have been to P,SM. We were not impressed with the snorkeling we did there. I was concerned that the snorkeling equipment may not have been sanitized properly. So...any great ideas for a family who likes alittle history & alot of fun!!!

2-We will be driving to Miami from South Ga-any ideas to save any money as far as parking goes? We are up for any ideas....new at this-we have friends at some of the ports we sailed from in the past & rode a bus to one port with a group.

Always looking to cut corners.....the more money saved on boring details the more to spend on the fun stuff!!!

Thanks you guys!!!;)

Don't have pics but there are 3 shelves on one side of the bathroom mirror and there is a shelf under the sink. There are also 3 shelves on each side of the mirror in the room.

That sounds like plenty of room. My DD is a teen, and teen girls have....well....stuff. Hair products, etc. :rolleyes:Thanks for the info.

I have lots of pics, as you can see if you click on the link in my signature!

We used the clear plastic shoe holder on the door, and it really helped to store little things.

There are a couple pictures of that in my album. Here's one:

217Shoeholderstorage.jpg

We had an amazing time on the Liberty, you will love it!

Sue

• 2 weeks later...