Captain's Circle Champagne Gift?

jpg1747

Back when I last sailed Princess, if you were a Captain's Circle member you got a Princess champagne glass and a bottle of champagne on every cruise. It was in the cabin when you arrived. Do they still do that?

Back when I last sailed Princess, if you were a Captain's Circle member you got a Princess champagne glass and a bottle of champagne on every cruise. It was in the cabin when you arrived. Do they still do that?

I have been sailing on Princess since early 90's and have not once gotten something like that onboard any of their ships. What year was it when you received this gift in your cabin from Princess?

And just to answer your question, NO, they do not do this................I would say they don't do it anymore, but I have never heard of them doing it to begin with. LOL ;)

In the 70's on Sitmar (which eventually merged with Princess) we got the champagne and the glasses. Captain's Circle came from Sitmar; theirs was the Italian name for Captain's Circle. We were just on the Diamond Jan. 17th and we had a cocktail party for Captain's Circle with appetizers and a drink, no picture with the captain or anything else. On our cruise over 40% of the passengers were members so they had to host 4 parties to get them all in.

You don't get anything for being Captain's Circle members except those listed on Princess web site and what you get is determined by your membership level.

40% Captain's Circle members on a cruise is a very, very low number. Many cruises have close to 90%. Four parties are now becomming the normal.

If you want a glass of champagne on arrival in your cabin just book a minisuite or higher. :D

After our first Princess Cruise, about 10 years ago, we each got a rolling travel bag in our cabin the next cruise. That's last thing we've gotten. We do get slippers in the room each cruise, but I'm wondering if that's because we are elite and they don't want us to get 'cold feet' and jump to another cruise line. Did you get the pun?

After our first Princess Cruise, about 10 years ago, we each got a rolling travel bag in our cabin the next cruise. That's last thing we've gotten. We do get slippers in the room each cruise, but I'm wondering if that's because we are elite and they don't want us to get 'cold feet' and jump to another cruise line. Did you get the pun?

Last fall we didn't get the slippers - our room steward said they only went to suite passengers now.

Last fall we didn't get the slippers - our room steward said they only went to suite passengers now.
We received them in December for our cruise on the Star.

I am only guessing here, but 10 years ago, I would say that rolling travel bag was a gift from the TA and not Princess. Mainly as we have sailed almost every year with them for nearly 20 years now, often times more than once, and never gotten a thing except what they list for past passengers, which is close to nothing. But then they don't need to look for repeat passengers now, as a good percentage of those onboard ARE past passengers. ;)

On our first Princess cruise in Dec 2000 on the Grand, we were in cabin B 606 and were given two complimentary bottles of wine. Nothing since other than the complimentary glass of champagne last Nov on the CB (we were in a mini suite).

Last August we did B to B on Cunard and then Princess. Cunard had a bottle of champagne in the room with a note that said "Its a pleasure to have you onboard again". On Princess, a stewart came around pouring single glasses of champagne while we were unpacking and said "Welcome back". Nice, but not as nice as Cunard.

And we are not "Elite" on either line.

Our first Princess cruise was in 1988 and we have cruised with Princess 44 times. We have never seen a free bottle or glass in our cabin. Maybe the cabin steward just forgets to put it in our cabin and places it in his or hers. LOL

Last August we did B to B on Cunard and then Princess. Cunard had a bottle of champagne in the room with a note that said "Its a pleasure to have you onboard again". On Princess, a stewart came around pouring single glasses of champagne while we were unpacking and said "Welcome back". Nice, but not as nice as Cunard.

And we are not "Elite" on either line.

Now I know where my free glass of bubble went. We are Elite and still have not got that kind of service.

If you are "elite" you get a glass of champagne - sometimes you have to ask for it.

Ron

Never heard of this! I will try and ask on our next Princess cruise and report back when they laugh at me for asking. LOL

In 2000, we got two glasses of champagne in our mini-suite, but it had to do with the cabin category, not the CC level.

By 2001, we were in a full suite and I don't think we got the champagne. Not sure if it had been cut out by then or if our cabin steward was too busy with getting things ready for our sail-away party.

In 2000, we got two glasses of champagne in our mini-suite, but it had to do with the cabin category, not the CC level.

By 2001, we were in a full suite and I don't think we got the champagne. Not sure if it had been cut out by then or if our cabin steward was too busy with getting things ready for our sail-away party.

We always book at least a mini, and there are times we never see the glass of champagne. We have had room stewards that are on the ball, and others that aren't, I think that might have something to do with it. But anymore, minis and full suites are supposed to get one no matter what your status in the Captain's Circle is, it's one of the perks.

Do Elite members get a free bar set up? What does that consist of? Thanks

Yes, Elite members get a one time bar set up. Here is a link to the picture (coffee maker not included, that is mine I brought onboard): http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2818815150046132864XPavQe?vhost=travel It also included two beers but my DH had already put those in the frig to chill. :)

We got the bottle of champagne and glasses on the inaugural of the Sun back in 1995. Mini pillows to sit on too (cos I'm sitting on it right now LOL) during the ceremony. Received a mini statue duplicate of the one on deck - think that was the inaugural season for the Grand. Otherwise, you just have to win it at one of the games. Champagne in the mini suite too.

Archived