Packing Questions

cAPS lOCK oN

It's time to make up our packing list for our upcoming SDII cruise, and my wife has a few questions. The laundry onboard seems reasonably priced, but how reliable is it? Could I trust my Tommy Bahama shirts to it?

I'm asking because we took a Windjammer cruise once. Their laundry service involved putting everyone's clothes in a duffel bag and throwing it to a local in a rowboat. She rowed back later with clean clothes. We just had T-shirts that trip, so there was nothing to lose.

Also... our documents didn't mention pajamas. Should we pack some, or are they still given to you?

Dear cAPS.

Our Dream vacation last summer through the Greek Isles on SD I was perfect, including our laundry. I put our laundry out nearly every nite, with the bag stuffed to the top. It was so hot, we changed several times during the day and evening. Everything, from undies, sportswear and including all of my dressy clothes came back clean, pressed perfectly and hanging on hangers. We were spending nearly a week in Venice after our cruise so we didn't want to pack dirty cloths. I wouldn't have packed so many clothes if I had known how well SDI's laundry service was.

As far as pajamas, we didn't get ours on the first night, and they were a bit small, so if I hadn't packed night clothes, we would have looked funny sleeping under the stars. It was windy!

Have a wonderful vacation!

NASCAB :cool:

Can some of you SD pro's tell me about dress for dinner. How dressy or casual is it. Linen slacks and Tommy B shirts or slacks and oxford's or sports jacket. Just want to be comfortable and blend.

Thanks in Advance! 10 more days ; )

Can some of you SD pro's tell me about dress for dinner. How dressy or casual is it. Linen slacks and Tommy B shirts or slacks and oxford's or sports jacket. Just want to be comfortable and blend.

All of the above, Raingage. My husband takes a sports coat - he generally wears it when we dine indoors. But some nights he doesn't feel like it and wears a Tommy B shirt. You will be comfortable and fit in whatever you choose. Enjoy your cruise.

DH takes his navy blazer which he sometimes wears to the Dining Room. He takes his Tommy B shirts as well as some shortsleeve Nautica button-down collared shirts.

In my case I take along several of my Chico's Travelers pants and skirt outfits:D

DH takes his navy blazer which he sometimes wears to the Dining Room. He takes his Tommy B shirts as well as some shortsleeve Nautica button-down collared shirts.

In my case I take along several of my Chico's Travelers pants and skirt outfits:D

Ditto for us. We just take less of it.

Jim & Lois

This is useful information for us. Next week we're heading to a nearby mall that has a Chico's, plus some stores for me. Or we could go to a Chico's outlet store in the area. Anybody know how the merchandise is at their outlets?

This is useful information for us. Next week we're heading to a nearby mall that has a Chico's, plus some stores for me. Or we could go to a Chico's outlet store in the area. Anybody know how the merchandise is at their outlets?

Please, under no circumstances ever let Lois know there is a Chicos outlet!

Jim.

Wow!! A Chico's outlet. That could be very dangerous to DH's wallet:p

Didn't know they had an outlet so can't help you out there.

• 2 weeks later...

I am happy to hear about the laundry service that SDI offered for you, NASCAB. We are scheduled to cruise the SDII next week and I'm hoping their laundry service is comparable. Does anyone know if there's any difference or has anyone here ever taken advantage of the laundry service on SDII? I looked at the SD site to see what the cost would be for laundry, but couldn't find it. Does anyone know the cost? Thanks!

I am happy to hear about the laundry service that SDI offered for you, NASCAB. We are scheduled to cruise the SDII next week and I'm hoping their laundry service is comparable. Does anyone know if there's any difference or has anyone here ever taken advantage of the laundry service on SDII? I looked at the SD site to see what the cost would be for laundry, but couldn't find it. Does anyone know the cost? Thanks!
I stumbled onto someone's review of their 2005 cruise, and he thoughtfully scanned in both the laundry and dry cleaning price lists. The prices seem pretty reasonable, especially for same day service.

The page of the review that has the laundry prices is here:

http://www.cruisingreview.com/200503310101.html

I stumbled onto someone's review of their 2005 cruise, and he thoughtfully scanned in both the laundry and dry cleaning price lists. The prices seem pretty reasonable, especially for same day service.

The page of the review that has the laundry prices is here:

http://www.cruisingreview.com/200503310101.html

Thanks so much for the info!

Now that's she's bought a whole Chico's wardrobe for the cruise, DW is worried that she'll wear the same thing to dinner as a half dozen other ladies. I'm sure that would be a catastrophe for them, but it'd be a laugh riot as far as I'm concerned!

Archived