Cruise souveniers

deanaw72

We're taking our 5th cruise next week and, while we have a little something from each cruise, I don't have one specific thing I always have to get. Just wondering what types of things people collect from their cruises?

I like to pick up a Christmas ornament for each port of call we visit as well as each ship we cruise on. We also always buy rum cakes.

The ornaments are a good idea - I'll look into those next week.

I bring back a Christmas ornament from each port for myself, and a Harley T-shirt and/or pin for DH if there is a Harley shop in the general area. I used to bring home a thimble for mom for her collection, and a golf ball for dad as he used to golf. Even though mom and dad are no longer here, I still find myself in the souvenier shops looking for those 2 items.:) I also would bring home a shot glass for DS, but he does his own travelling and gets his own now.:)

Linda H.

we have always collected shot glasses from every place we visit, now if i could just get around to making the display case:)

I used to have a HUGE shot glass collection but, in about 150 moves (OK, not that many, but a lot) they seem to have disappeared. Guess I'll just have to start over :p .

I always get refrigerator magnets whenever I vacation somewhere. I have LOTS! I don't like collecting knick-knacks, it's not my thing. Magnets are neat, different, inexpensive, and I get to seem everytime I walk into the kitchen. Plus they don't really take up any room!

I bring back a Christmas ornament from each port for myself, and a Harley T-shirt and/or pin for DH if there is a Harley shop in the general area. I used to bring home a thimble for mom for her collection, and a golf ball for dad as he used to golf. Even though mom and dad are no longer here, I still find myself in the souvenier shops looking for those 2 items.:) I also would bring home a shot glass for DS, but he does his own travelling and gets his own now.:)

Linda H.

My husband wants to start doing the Harley T-Shirts. Have you been to Montego Bay, Jamaica or Cozumel? Could you tell me where to get them there?

I always get refrigerator magnets whenever I vacation somewhere. I have LOTS! I don't like collecting knick-knacks, it's not my thing. Magnets are neat, different, inexpensive, and I get to seem everytime I walk into the kitchen. Plus they don't really take up any room!

That's another great idea! I agree with the knick-knack thing. DH says it's just more stuff to collect dust (that he has to clean b/c I hate dusting ;) )

We collect bumper stickers, and we put them on our garage wall....this way when we pull in at night after a hard day I work, they are the first thing I see and get to remember the great times we had at each location.

We just keep our key cards from the cabin. Wish now I would have done an ornament or something but didn't think of it. I like having all our seapass cards though. We also make sure we buy one picture of us together from the cruise!!

We always like to play the ship games & Win the Medal it gets you Free Pizza all week...LoL :p Then you can put it around your car mirro & when your friends get in your car & ask what it is ....there is always a good time to tell em about....<wink>

Refrigerator magnets always.... I buy one from each port of call (2 sets - one for us and one for mom and dad)...AND I always get a magnet of the ship we happen to be on. Easy to pack - no weight - bright and colorful and a happy reminder of our cruises!:)

My husband wants to start doing the Harley T-Shirts. Have you been to Montego Bay, Jamaica or Cozumel? Could you tell me where to get them there?

I was in Cozumel back in 05 or 06 and the Harley shop was actually in Playa del Carmen in the "new" (it was then!) shopping plaza right near the ferry dock. According to the HOG Touring Handbook 2008 the address is Paseo del Carmen, Local 44, Calle 10 Ave., Sur, Playa del Carmen. No bikes or parts just clothes and souvenier stuff.

I have not been to Montego Bay, but after checking the HOG Tour Book, the only listing is for Ocho Rios in the Island Village shopping center right as you leave the pier.

Hope this helps! Enjoy!

Linda H.

I collect ornaments from each port and ship. preferably with santas on them.

I have santas on surfboards, lying in a hammock, waverrunner, etc.

I have a special tree that all the travel and vacation ornaments go on.

Archived