Cruise souveniers

deanaw72

I was in Cozumel back in 05 or 06 and the Harley shop was actually in Playa del Carmen in the "new" (it was then!) shopping plaza right near the ferry dock. According to the HOG Touring Handbook 2008 the address is Paseo del Carmen, Local 44, Calle 10 Ave., Sur, Playa del Carmen. No bikes or parts just clothes and souvenier stuff.

I have not been to Montego Bay, but after checking the HOG Tour Book, the only listing is for Ocho Rios in the Island Village shopping center right as you leave the pier.

Hope this helps! Enjoy!

Linda H.

I'll have to tell the hubby. He should have a Touring Handbook. I'll have him look in there...Thanks for the information! I found the Ocho Rios place but was hoping something was in Montego Bay.

Glad to see that I am not the only person buying Christmas ornaments! I like to get one of the ship & if I see any that I really like in a port, I will grab those too. Magnets & post cards are also on my shopping list.

Towanda

Me and my wife have collecting issues!

She gets: A Christmas ornament from everyship and every port as well as a pin from each port.

I collect: A golf ball from every ship and every port as well as a HArd Rock T shirt (if they have a restuarant in the aarea)

I have a big display case of golf balls from all over the world and I dont have to wear any other T shirt but my Hard rock ones. I also get a Del Sol T shirt from evry port that has a shop.

My Christmas tree is loaded with ornaments from around the world and we no longer use any "regular" xmas balls b/c we simply cant fit them on the tree anymore with all the ornaments we have collected over the years. (MIght I add that our tree is 10' tall!!)

The pins go on the camera case strap and we are really running out of room on that as well.

It is nice to know what every else collects. We always joke about salt and pepper shakers because we always see them and say that we are going to start collect them.

PS Does anyone have a golf ball from Costa Maya? That is the only ball that I dont have!!

Dave

:) postage stamps are great ' date=' you can even buy them on board from the pursers desk..put them in a scrap book next to a post card or favorite photo[/quote']

:cool:

I like your thinking!

I also collect post cards and postage stamps. It's so nice if there is a post office in or near the port area. Will have to keep in mind about the pursers desk having stamps. We also keep our sail and sign cards.

I like the idea mentioned about currency from each place, may do that in future.

I have a spare bedroom that I turned into a cruise cabin. I have pictures and maps all over the walls and I collect magnets. I spray paint cookie sheets in a contrasting color to the room, and I have two of them full with souvenir magnets hanging on the walls. :D :D :D

I also get a Christmas ornament from every where we visit, Sometimes it's very hard to find them in the spring and summer but I always manage to find one. :cool:

We're taking our 5th cruise next week and, while we have a little something from each cruise, I don't have one specific thing I always have to get. Just wondering what types of things people collect from their cruises?

My husband and I will be making our our 7th crusie together in August. After trying to pack too many delicate items during the first trip we now limit ourselves to Xmas tree ornaments from each port/trip/vacation. Our tree was already themed with shells and fish so adding island ornaments was rather easy. We have one of th msot unique Xmas trees and folks visiting comment on it. Putting is up is a wonderful trip down memory lane remembering places we have been and experiences shared. We have also found that sticking to that items makes packing for the return trip home so much easier as well as cutting down on shopping. We are usually able to find the ornaments with vendors, markets or shops near the ship rather than losing precious time running all over town.

DD16 collects shot glasses from each ship/port. We collect some kind of inexpensive item that has the island name on it - paperweight, pretty shell, etc. Come to think of it, shouldn't these 2 collections be somehow reversed?

DW likes the coffee cups with ship name, and Christmas oranaments. Me, I collect shot glasses, right now I have 198 in my collection, wish they were all from cruising!!! I started when we were stationed in Germany, and have just continued collecting them.

We also have all the S&S cards, usually a deck of cards, postcards from the ship, magnets for 'frig. Capers from each cruise, put those in the photo album.

And Fantastic Memories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt

DD collects license plates from each port and DS anything that catches his eye and I like local items from the islands.

I like the license plate idea....how do you get them?

I've just started getting the cruise ship models, I like the keychains also. I usually get a coffee mug and t-shirts. I have 2 drawers full of t-shirts and most of them are from cruising. My BIL has started collecting the crystal ships from Princess at $275.00 a pop.

I still collect snowglobes, though every time I dust them I wonder why :rolleyes: Someday I will even get around to building a display for them so they're not cluttering every surface of my office.

I usually end up with a t-shirt from each cruise too, but not from each port. I add them to my workout clothes collection.

I collect jewelry :) Not from each port, but from each cruise. I can't help it, it's so pretty! Besides, I have no use for knick knacks that just take up space, and I'm Jewish so I have no use for a Christmas ornament. This way, I get something nice that I wear again and again.

When I travel, not cruise-lying-on-the-beach travel, but travel-travel, I get a Nomination charm with the flag from each country. It's a cool souvenir, it's different, and every time I wear it, it reminds me of how far I've been and how much further I can go (although I will need to start another bracelet soon).

Dh and I have our 2 martini glasses sitting in our china hutch. Everytime we look at those or get them out to use them we remember what fun we had. We can't wait to get another one this time, full of Chocholate Martini!

The ship Christmas ornament (if they have it) and for a while I was collecting ornaments from the ports. We usually get a ship T-shirt.

But lately I've been looking for bookmarks. Easy to pack, either free or inexpensive, and I love using them in my books.

Okay, I'll give away my best bookmark location: Dockside Bookshop, Havensight Mall, St. Thomas (the shops where the cruise ships dock). The bookmarks are on the counter, and free. I have several of them with different designs from over the years. (And yes, I do buy a book there on occasion!)

I try to get a charm for my charm bracelet wherever I go. I think I am going to start collecting ornaments as well. I like the idea of decorating the tree and thinking about sunny beaches and cool ocean breezes while its snowy and cold outside!

I always buy a model of the cruise ship we're on - that is my most important souvenir.

Then I like to get a Christmas ornament of the ship, a photo album or two, a couple of ink pens, keychain, coffee mug or two and usually a tote bag. Then whatever else strikes my fancy. :)

Archived