Stock Ticker?

rin1

I would suggest he check his stocks at the internet cafe. Unless he is platinum or elite and gets free internet minutes, I bet he won't be checking them too often. lol

A channel on the TV with constant stock prices I have never seen on a Princess ship.

I have never seen CNBC or similar on a cruise ship. Besides, the way the market has been lately, he is better off not knowing.

Isn't that the truth. My retirement plan is quickly becoming a short vacation. :eek:

I usually follow the market pretty closely while at work and so on, but while on cruise, I don't check at all. What's the point. You normally can't do anything about it except get upset or feel OK because of it's ups/downs. A false feeling of stress is all you get.

When I step on board, I make sure I disconnect from what I can do little/nothing about. Doing this took a few shots - on my first cruises, I'd cheat a little and check office emails and the market. But now, I have a special email I use for family/friends, and one of my key people at work knows to use it if it's an emergency. Somehow, I have an office that can live without me - I consider that a mark of good management.

Karen and Denny

I usually follow the market pretty closely while at work and so on, but while on cruise, I don't check at all. What's the point. You normally can't do anything about it except get upset or feel OK because of it's ups/downs. A false feeling of stress is all you get.

When I step on board, I make sure I disconnect from what I can do little/nothing about. Doing this took a few shots - on my first cruises, I'd cheat a little and check office emails and the market. But now, I have a special email I use for family/friends, and one of my key people at work knows to use it if it's an emergency. Somehow, I have an office that can live without me - I consider that a mark of good management.

WTG!! That's the way to do it. :)

It's mostly a hobby/obsession for him. I thought that that would be the case. He was shocked that the internet stuff wouldn't be free. I told him that I cruise completely incommunicado - that's half the fun! :)

Thanks for the help. I'll let him know.

i always travel with my XM portable satellite radio.It is smaller than a deck of cards and I like listening to it by the pool.It also gives stocks- program them in and they constantly scroll left to right, updating every five minutes.

Archived