So if you had a choice of aft Suites on Emerald Princess???

JetJock_YHZ

Hi fellow cruisers! :D

My partner and I just booked D737 (St. John Suite) on Emerald Princess for a cruise ex Fort Lauderdale 28FEB09.

We debated over this and studied photos of the aft decks.

It appears that there is a beam on our balcony, but we have read that this is not too big a deal and the balcony would offer a partial view of the starboard side, facing one of two docking possibilities.

However, we also considered Caribe suites C748 or C749 which are centre, but appear to be over some sort of mechanical room and exhaust fans.

Did we make the right choice???

If any fellow cruisers who read this and have stayed in either of these suites, we would REALLY appreciate a first hand review of the pros/cons. We still have time to change our stateroom.

As ever, we are grateful for being a part of this wonderful community and look forward to hearing about your experiences in these suites.

Thanks in advance!

Carl and Brett

Halifax, NS, Canada

Hi fellow cruisers! :D

My partner and I just booked D737 (St. John Suite) on Emerald Princess for a cruise ex Fort Lauderdale 28FEB09.

We debated over this and studied photos of the aft decks.

It appears that there is a beam on our balcony, but we have read that this is not too big a deal and the balcony would offer a partial view of the starboard side, facing one of two docking possibilities.

However, we also considered Caribe suites C748 or C749 which are centre, but appear to be over some sort of mechanical room and exhaust fans.

Did we make the right choice???

We were in c749 and the vent was noisy! It was also the smallest suite we have ever had, no diningroom table in the cabin. the balcony was awesome & had a table & 4 chairs out there. The closet was the smallest I have ever seen--not a walk in:rolleyes:

If any fellow cruisers who read this and have stayed in either of these suites, we would REALLY appreciate a first hand review of the pros/cons. We still have time to change our stateroom.

As ever, we are grateful for being a part of this wonderful community and look forward to hearing about your experiences in these suites.

Thanks in advance!

Carl and Brett

Halifax, NS, Canada

We were in c749 and the vent was noisy! It was also the smallest suite we have ever had, no diningroom table in the cabin. The balcony was awesome & had a table & 4 chairs out there. The closet was the smallest I have ever seen--not a walk in:rolleyes: Ours was considered a PH catagory & I think I would go for the owners suite next time, so I think you should look into your choice, but will probably be happy.

Jan

We stayed in the suite you have booked and had no issues at all with the beam on the aft of the balcony. If you haven't seen the pictures yet, here they are

http://travel.webshots.com/album/561796068EDkvZJ

I think I would prefer the beam over the noise of the vent. We loved hearing the wake of the ship. For us it sounded like a waterfall...very relaxing and have two more aft suites booked on the Sea and Star.

On the carib princess, we thought the noise/smell from the vent was awful. We were one balcony over (C751) and had a pretty cramped balcony, much larger suite, and thought that was the much better result. (Than noise/odor from vent.)

I was wondering when looking at the suites on the Aloha deck, are they covered?

I'ce seen pictures of the Aloha deck suites with people looking down over the railing by the aft pool. It appears to be partially covered.

2613805090014642629gIenxy_th.jpg

We had C749 on the Crown and I chose it because I didn't want the beam. What I wouldn't have given to have had the beam as the stench and heat that came on to our balcony from the vent was disgusting and we were never really able to use the balcony. It was also fairly loud so between that and the sound of the wake and it was a bit too much.

We had C749 on the Crown and I chose it because I didn't want the beam. What I wouldn't have given to have had the beam as the stench and heat that came on to our balcony from the vent was disgusting and we were never really able to use the balcony. It was also fairly loud so between that and the sound of the wake and it was a bit too much.

Fortunately with good intelligence such as yours, we picked the dreaded beam in C751 and were so glad we did. Room is bigger too.

Balcony worked fine for 3, would be ok for 4. Wouldn't work well for entertaining unless you folder up/put away the loungers. Wouldn't work well for Ultimate Balcony Dining except for 2 - unless you again put away the loungers (which wouldn't be such a difficult thing to do).

As mentioned, even from C751 could get a "whiff" and hear the noise esp in port. Wasn't enough to be a "problem" though for C751. (This is on the CB fyi).

Archived