Fort Lauderdale Hotel Recommendations.....

happy cruzin

We stayed at the Springhill Suites in January. Next door to the Hampton Inn, across the street from Comfort Inn, I was very impressed with Springhill. Great breakfast, and free shuttle from airport and to cruiseport.Large outdoor mall area across the street with lots of food places and a KMart.

LaQuinta is on the other side of this mall area. We stayed at LaQuinta 2 years ago and it was very nice also.

Embassy Suites opened up some rooms for 4.4.2008 with a large price drop- it is my understanding they offer a shuttle to PE but will cost, close to MANY things vacationers may need. May not be what many are looking for, but it should help.:D

Here are my two cents on FLL hotels. I've stayed at several FLL hotels that offer shuttle service to the port, but they all seem to be located in light industrial areas with not much around. Yes, you can walk to a shopping center, but then what?? It seemed we always retired to our room early since we had no car, and it seemed like a "wasted" night.

Our last visit we stayed at Ft Lauderdale Grande Hotel which does not provide free shuttle to/from the airport, but it does have a fantastic location. In the evening, we walked through the marinas on the Intracoastal Waterway. We didn't feel like we were just waiting for the next day. And the cab fare from FLL was less than $10.

IMO, those hotels that offer free transportation have awfully high rates for the quality of hotel you get. Don't get blinded by the "free" transportation. You may get much more enjoyment by staying in a hotel in a nicer area and paying your own cab fare.

I just booked the Comfort Inn today for September 2008. The total cost was $90 for two people, two beds, breakfast, airport shuttle, cruise shuttle, internet. That's quite a bargain for $45 per person!

We stayed at the Springhill Suites in January. Next door to the Hampton Inn, across the street from Comfort Inn, I was very impressed with Springhill. Great breakfast, and free shuttle from airport and to cruiseport.Large outdoor mall area across the street with lots of food places and a KMart.

Can you give me more info on this hotel? We will be staying there precruise, and won't have a car. We'll be taking the airport shuttle to the hotel, and the shuttle to the port. Is it safe to cross the street to the restaurants, or are we better off just getting take out? Not really a big deal because we will be turning in early. Any details you can give us would be very appreciated! Thanks!

The one on Stirling. No deposit, so if I find something better, I can cancel up to that day. I booked on the Comfort Inns web site directly.

The reviews on this hotel have not been good and apparently not in a safe neighborhood. There are numerous comments about this hotel on this board.

The reviews on this hotel have not been good and apparently not in a safe neighborhood. There are numerous comments about this hotel on this board.

Thanks for the heads-up. I saw a post from last week that said it was a good place, but I'll keep an eye on the reviews. Tripadvisor only had one (not good), but it was old.

I have six months, so I'll switch if the reviews don't improve.

I agree. In all the time I have been on these boards, this hotel

always gets negative reviews.

The prices are low but it seems to be in that genre

of "you get what you pay for".

Peggy, I think you put a deposit down? I would try to find

something else.

I agree. In all the time I have been on these boards, this hotel

always gets negative reviews.

The prices are low but it seems to be in that genre

of "you get what you pay for".

Peggy, I think you put a deposit down? I would try to find

something else.

No deposit, Lois, just a ressie. I have plenty of time to find something else, which it looks like I should. I thought the place had improved since I read a review on this board (this thread????) from 3/19/08 that it was OK. I'll keep looking at the other hotels being recommended.

Oh ok...well, since you have time to look around;)

but I would try to find something else. There are so many

choices down down there too:D

this is coppied from my review.....

"

Can u tell me where your review is? Were there many people on the shuttle? Did it only do one cruise line at a time or did it stop at all the ports to let people off? Would you recommend this hotel when travelling with kids?

BTW love the pics in your post:D

For chilltown cruiser:

others on this board are saying that this hotel is not in a safe neighborhood and did not get good reviews, though everything i have read on trip advisor has been positive. How did you feel walking around? Also, what type of stores are close by?

The low price attracts an element that you really wouldn't want in the room next to yours. Don't be surprised if people are coming and going in certain rooms at all hours day and night. Usually these people rent rooms by the hour but it's cheaper for them to rent by the day at this property if you get my drift. Non-guests tend to hover around this property as well. Caveat emptor.:cool:

LaQuinta is on the other side of this mall area. We stayed at LaQuinta 2 years ago and it was very nice also.

If posters here are saying the comfort is in a bad area why would you recommend it? I'm confused? Is it the comfort that is bad or the area? It sounds nice with a large mall and lots of food places and I haven't seen a KMart in years that would be cool:D

The two highly rated ones by your fellow CC cruisers are the Hampton Inn & Suites in Plantation and the LaQuinta Inn & Suites in Hollywood. Both near plenty of shops and restaurants. Both in safe areas, both boast many, many positive reviews from your fellow cruisers.

Click on my Ft Lauderdale Information Blog for a comprehensive hotel listing. ;)

this Hampton is no were near the cruise port and doesn't offer complimentary transfers from airport or to cruiseport. It also has a starting price of $169 per night.

The LaQuinta is also further from the cruiseport than the comfort or springhill.

What do the hotels you suggest have that would make them worth the extra money and distance? What makes the areas not safe?

Bequia,

Please tell which property you are referring to with your caveat emptor...Thanks!

The one pcur booked noted a few posts above this one.

this Hampton is no were near the cruise port and doesn't offer complimentary transfers from airport or to cruiseport. What do the hotels you suggest have that would make them worth the extra money and distance? What makes the areas not safe?

The hotels distance from the cruiseport is a moot point. Both hotels offer free airport pickup, free cruiseport drop off. Both are located in safe residential areas. I'm pretty sure they're less then the hotels by the cruiseport but if you can get a hotel by the cruiseport thats less, go for it. As originally stated both the LaQuinta and the Hampton Inn have received stellar reviews from fellow CC'ers, other hotels seem to be hit or miss.

If posters here are saying the comfort is in a bad area why would you recommend it? I'm confused? Is it the comfort that is bad or the area? It sounds nice with a large mall and lots of food places and I haven't seen a KMart in years that would be cool:D

I am confused now too. We have a room booked at the Springhill Suites in Dania. Is this place in a bad location? Safety is a primary concern for us when staying at a hotel, along with cleanliness. We want to use a Marriot hotel because we have points to use....

I am confused now too. We have a room booked at the Springhill Suites in Dania. Is this place in a bad location? Safety is a primary concern for us when staying at a hotel, along with cleanliness. We want to use a Marriot hotel because we have points to use....

I believe there is some confusion:eek: ....the property that

has always been getting negative reviews is the Comfort Inn.

Your SpringHill Suites should be just fine:)

The Springhill Suites is fine. It's across the street and set back from the "low-priced" hotel. Your hotel does not attract undesirables as they cannot afford to stay there.

I've started looking for a pre-cruise hotel for February 2009. I know it is very early but I need to book 5 rooms so I thought I would start looking now. But everything I've looked at near the airport and/or port basically STARTS at $200 per night! Should I wait a while to see if prices to down? Or, is that typical for the time of year?

I've seen on biddingfortravel that people are getting these same hotels for $50-$100 per night using Priceline but I've never tried getting so many rooms at once on Priceline. So, I'm not sure about going that route.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

The following hotels will pick you up at the airport and take you to the cruiseport the next day:

SLEEP INN & SUITES AIRPORT

1500 SE 5TH Avenue

Dania, FL 33304

954-874-1800

http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/HotelInfo?hotel=FL664

MARRIOTT COURTYARD AIRPORT/CRUISEPORT

400 Gulf Stream Way

Dania Beach, FL 33304

954-342-8333

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/FLLHT

LAQUINTA INN & SUITES

2620 North 26th Avenue

Hollywood, FL 33020

954-922-2295

http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ985&propId=985

COMFORT SUITES FT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT WEST

2540 Davie Rd. SW 64th Ave

Davie, FL 33317

954-585-7071

http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/HotelInfo?hotel=FL591

HAMPTON INN PLANTATION

7801 S.W. 6th Street

Plantation, FL, 33324

954-382-4500

http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=42O0PCTQRR5E2CSGBIW2VCQ?ctyhocn=FLLPTHX

Will any of these hotels pick you up at the Miami airport and bring you to their hotel in Ft lauderdale?

Will any of these hotels pick you up at the Miami airport and bring you to their hotel in Ft lauderdale?

Afraid not. None of the Ft Lauderdale hotels will pick you up at MIA. The cost is too prohibitive.

Archived