Gangs on the Miracle out of NYC?

tinlizzy

[quote name='nrdsb4']I buy Girl Scout cookies every year and no one has ever asked me to come pick them up, they have always delivered them to me. Maybe some of your friends have had the same experience and are not aware they have to come get them.[/quote]

The friends in question are people with erratic schedules who insist on picking them up. People have just ordered them and left me hanging here. :rolleyes: I've been attempting to get them OUT of my HOUSE for 3 weeks now.

[quote name='MamaParrotHead']The friends in question are people with erratic schedules who insist on picking them up. People have just ordered them and left me hanging here. :rolleyes: I've been attempting to get them OUT of my HOUSE for 3 weeks now.[/quote]

Sounds like you may end up eating them. Both literally and figuratively speaking!

Off topic a bit .. girl scout cookies.. cookie mom so I had cases of cookies in my living room for a month. Also had two teenage sons who would just grab a box of cookies on their way out the door or for a snack. I ended up buying over 200 boxes of cookies.

From the inner city to the suburbs, groups of youths tend to now dress in the same color or style of clothing, hanging halfway off their bodies (I'd break my nephews and neices necks if they even thought about wearing their clothes like this)! This does not mean that they are in a gang, but becuase they tend to mimic what they see on MTV and BET, they can be an intimidating group for those not use to their presence or type of environment. Yes, they can be rowdy at times, but most are just out looking to have fun. As previously mentioned gang members are not interested in going on a cruise for the fear of a territory takeover by a rival gang or even an uprising inside their own sect. Most gangs are interested in flaunting their money where they can be scene like Vegas or A.C. Even this is a far stretch for them. They would rather show off and cause mayhem at the local malls and jewelry stores!

From the inner city to the suburbs, groups of youths tend to now dress in the same color or style of clothing, hanging halfway off their bodies (I'd break my nephews and neices necks if they even thought about wearing their clothes like this)! This does not mean that they are in a gang, but becuase they tend to mimic what they see on MTV and BET, they can be an intimidating group for those not use to their presence or type of environment. Yes, they can be rowdy at times, but most are just out looking to have fun. As previously mentioned gang members are not interested in going on a cruise for the fear of a territory takeover by a rival gang or even an uprising inside their own sect. Most gangs are interested in flaunting their money where they can be scene like Vegas or A.C. Even this is a far stretch for them. They would rather show off and cause mayhem at the local malls and jewelry stores!

Oh god.. remember the 80's???????????

The friends in question are people with erratic schedules who insist on picking them up. People have just ordered them and left me hanging here. :rolleyes: I've been attempting to get them OUT of my HOUSE for 3 weeks now.

I'm getting them out of my house. Unfortunately, it's by way of my stomach! I just finished up another sleeve of Shortbread cookies. Have you ever had those dunked in coffee? mmmmm Delish! I have no will power when it comes to Girl Scout Shortbread cookies :o

Off topic a bit .. girl scout cookies.. cookie mom so I had cases of cookies in my living room for a month. Also had two teenage sons who would just grab a box of cookies on their way out the door or for a snack. I ended up buying over 200 boxes of cookies.

My nieces dog ate $70 worth of her daughters girls scout cookies. He might leave a trail of thin mints around the house:eek:

Oh god.. remember the 80's???????????

Yes, and the 70's, 60's and part of the 50's.:o That's right, from the big hair bands to the big shirt collars and disco suits, to the Beatle haircuts and miniskirts, to the bobbysocks and poodleskirts. God I feel old.;) But I am in style again.

From gangs to Girl Scout cookies....this board always amazes me how it can get off topic.

LMAO... I was just thinking the same thing. I actually forgot what the original topic was there for a second. I had to look up at the top of my browser to read the title of the thread just to make sure.

Here are my 2 cents. Just because black people wear baggy clothes doesn't mean they're part of a gang. And even if they are in a gang on their own time, they were on Carnival time and had no weapons on board. There are metal detectors for a reason. Don't judge people by what they wear. They paid for their cruise just like you did. If their behavior borders on the offensive, say something to the purser's desk so that the matter can be addressed and taken care of.

This post is just oozing with ignorance and stupidity. I posted a comment on this thread the first day it started, and have been avoiding it ever since. I do not intend to continue to read any more threads, as it is all just stupid. I mean... you people are now discussing the evils of the Girl Scouts and new blizzard flavors at the Dairy Queen. I'm all for posting important topics, but nothing on this entire thread is important to cruisers. If there were actual gang activity on a ship, the news would have been all over it. Note to OP... if you are going to start up another thread pointing fingers at a particular group of people wearing baggy clothes and sideways hats and accusing them of being a "gang" just based on their language and clothes, you'd better have a new york post or MSNBC news link to back it up.

Carry on. **curious to see how many more days this stupid thread will last now.

Just read about this in the worst experience thread. Was this an isolated incidence or common?

Were these really gang members or were the cruisers mistakenly associating hip-hop clothing and bad behavior with "gangs"?

LMAO... I was just thinking the same thing. I actually forgot what the original topic was there for a second. I had to look up at the top of my browser to read the title of the thread just to make sure.

Here are my 2 cents. Just because black people wear baggy clothes doesn't mean they're part of a gang. And even if they are in a gang on their own time, they were on Carnival time and had no weapons on board. There are metal detectors for a reason. Don't judge people by what they wear. They paid for their cruise just like you did. If their behavior borders on the offensive, say something to the purser's desk so that the matter can be addressed and taken care of.

Note to OP... if you are going to start up another thread pointing fingers at a particular group of people wearing baggy clothes and sideways hats and accusing them of being a "gang" just based on their language and clothes, you'd better have a new york post or MSNBC news link to back it up.

You should have read farther than the title - at least to the original post if you had forgotten before accusing me of something and twisting this thread further into the obsurd.

I got my answer the first page. The incidents described in other threads were probably badly behaved cruisers in a certain style of clothes as far as I'm concerned.

This post is just oozing with ignorance and stupidity. I posted a comment on this thread the first day it started, and have been avoiding it ever since. I do not intend to continue to read any more threads, as it is all just stupid. I mean... you people are now discussing the evils of the Girl Scouts and new blizzard flavors at the Dairy Queen. I'm all for posting important topics, but nothing on this entire thread is important to cruisers. If there were actual gang activity on a ship, the news would have been all over it. Note to OP... if you are going to start up another thread pointing fingers at a particular group of people wearing baggy clothes and sideways hats and accusing them of being a "gang" just based on their language and clothes, you'd better have a new york post or MSNBC news link to back it up.

Carry on. **curious to see how many more days this stupid thread will last now.

Wow .....hope your day improves.

Here are my 2 cents. Just because black people wear baggy clothes doesn't mean they're part of a gang. And even if they are in a gang on their own time, they were on Carnival time and had no weapons on board.

:eek: :eek: :eek: Are you serious with that?!

if you are going to start up another thread pointing fingers at a particular group of people wearing baggy clothes and sideways hats and accusing them of being a "gang" just based on their language and clothes, you'd better have a new york post or MSNBC news link to back it up.

Gang members purposely identify themselves by what they wear, body art, and their language (gang colors, signs, etc.). I don't know if the the people in question from the original post were gang members, but it's ridiculous to say that gang members cannot be identified by their language and clothes. They intend for you to know who they are by virtue of those very things! People who are familiar with the gang culture could certainly accuse them of being a gang "just based on their language and clothes."

Even now that the word has gotten out that this display of your underwear is a prison/jail symbol that my behind/booty/butt/etc. is available to whomever wants it! They still insist on showing their underwear. I guess they don't think it means the same thing in the street. I was just in Walmart and a grown man, mid to late thirties couldnt even walk for pulling up his pants

Even now that the word has gotten out that this display of your underwear is a prison/jail symbol that my behind/booty/butt/etc. is available to whomever wants it! They still insist on showing their underwear. I guess they don't think it means the same thing in the street. I was just in Walmart and a grown man, mid to late thirties couldnt even walk for pulling up his pants

Last week i was in TJ Maxx and there was a couple ahead of me by the counter.. He had to be at least 30. His pants were below his cheeks! yes below his cheeks and he had on what appeared to be two pairs of boxes with loud graphics..

It was like staring at a train wreck..His girlfriend/wife? saw me looking at him with what must have been my disgusted you are a jerk look... and she hit him and said You look like an a$$ hole...

I laughed & laughed..

I mean c'mon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I understand this person's concern. Maybe it was just a group of young punks gangster wanna be. It does not matter to me if you are in an actual gang or not, but if you are wearing your pants too big, are showing me your underwears while wearing an XXXXXXL t-shirt, I am also going to be extra careful when around you. ( By the way --- Regardless of race and Background )

Men wear their pants at their waists.

Erm, not sure if anyone considered this, but usually people in gangs are from less than privileged environments, I honestly doubt that any gang members could afford a cruise. I've worked with kids in gangs, they would have no way of paying for a cruise. What you probably saw were just the hip hop culture out in full force, not gangs.

Being from NY... I was thinking this. Unless they were of some sort of "higher class" of gangs... like mofia? Although I doubt NYC's finest drug lords left the city for a week to party on a boat...LOL...

Just want to put you all notice... In Oct there will be a gang on the Miracle. The Merrymakers will be taking over the ship.

Just so I'm prepared, could you reveal your sailing date? I live in New Haven, way used to gangs, but as I said, I want to be prepared; have all the right stuff packed in my suitcases. This could be great fun.;)

Being from NY... I was thinking this. Unless they were of some sort of "higher class" of gangs... like mofia? Although I doubt NYC's finest drug lords left the city for a week to party on a boat...LOL...

Mafia? No such thing Invoking Code of omerta~~;)

This thread is too long to read, but what im gathering is they filmed a sequel to Gangs of New York on the Miracle? "Gangs of New York II, Girl Scout Cookie Boogaloo"?

Yes you got it.. One gang was wearing red banana hammocks and the other gang was wearing yellow manpris!:D

Archived