Perks for booking HAL Cruise on ship??

mp006

And- is the OBC offered for the current cruise, or for the future cruise:confused:

OBC applies to future cruise. TheTA that booked the cruise you are on gets credit for the booking the future cruise. Now you didn't here this from me ;); but if that TA can get a better deal on the future cruise than HAL is quoting, for whatever reason, well a good TA will do just that.

If you think you may choose a different TA in the future, tell the future cruise consultant you want to make the booking directly with HAL and not your TA of record. Then it will be easy to switch later on. Some TAs are loathe to give up a booking!

$100 per person. They will try and sell you inusrance at the same time, but I believe that insurance comes under the "4 year rule"; that is to the future cruise you take, even if you change from cruise a to cruise b, etc. But double-check.

Hmmmm. That brings up an interesting point. Most- but not all- travel insurances want you, in order to get past the existing conditions issue, to buy insurance within a short period of making your deposit.

I guess that would limit you to a select few insurances that allow purchase up to time of final payment. I will have to research and see if they allow pre-existing conditons.

What experiences do others on the board have?:confused:

IF you do not say specifically which TA you want or if you want to book with HAL directly, by default, the TA who booked the cruise you are on will be named as the TA for the future cruise. You must specify if you do not want that TA named. We have heard here from people who had a hard time getting the TA removed and a different one substituted.

Hmmmm. That brings up an interesting point. Most- but not all- travel insurances want you, in order to get past the existing conditions issue, to buy insurance within a short period of making your deposit.

I guess that would limit you to a select few insurances that allow purchase up to time of final payment. I will have to research and see if they allow pre-existing conditons.

What experiences do others on the board have?:confused:

You might wish to look at CSA Luxe and at (I think it's called) HTH. It is possible both of these let you write their insurance at the time of final payment and they allow pre-existing condition coverage.

You might wish to look at CSA Luxe and at (I think it's called) HTH. It is possible both of these let you write their insurance at the time of final payment and they allow pre-existing condition coverage.

Thanks S7S, that is exactly what I did. As I mentioned, there are some that allow insurance purchase at final payment, and those are the two. I imagine you immediately went to insuremytrip- I did:D

I also sent an email to my TA, as they sold us our insurance for upcoming cruise- is was about the same price as anybody we saw on insuremytrip, and we have an excellent relationship with them- and we trust them.

I suspect that if we get the $100 deposit, but don't specify a future cruise, when we do specify that future cruise, and apply that deposit to it, the insurance company will consider that the initial payment. But we will see.

Overall, the whole deal sounds great, and we will likely take advantage of it!:D

Another question regarding the future cruise deposits.....

If I were to purchase two deposits can it be transferable to someone else.

As I am single I never know who I might be travelling with. Hoping to do a cruise with my daughter in the near future but wouldn't necessarily want to name her on the deposit as Hal might not be the right line for her...she's the type who would love to be climbing a rock wall!

Whomever I cruise with it would be nice that they would receive the same perks. If I cruise solo that would just mean I would have to book another!;)

Hope someone knows the answer to this, if not I guess I can always ask onboard.

Rochelle

Just got the e mail from our TA. The insurance issue won't start until the deposit is assigned to a specific cruise. YEAH:D :D :D !!!!

Excellent. I expected that would be the answer but did not positively know so didn't want to say. :)

I have heard that the FCC comes to the Neptune Lounge for a certain time period to meet with any suite passengers who want to talk about a future booking.

Has anyone had experience with this? Is it just one day for a few hours? Probably on a day at sea?

Yes, the FCC will come to Neptune Lounge at least once each cruise. I never bother with them at that time. I like to do things on my schedule and at my convenience, particularly on vacation. I stop by FCC's desk when I feel like it during the hours listed she would be available. If there is someone else waiting, I have the choice to stay or leave.

Just got the e mail from our TA. The insurance issue won't start until the deposit is assigned to a specific cruise. YEAH:D :D :D !!!!

THat was the same answer I got from Travel Guard ... they consider the $100 as an option on a future cruise and not a real, confirmed booking and deposit til a sailing is selected.

Sometimes specials are run with reduced deposits. But generally speaking the standard deposit HAL requires is $600 per person.

The standard deposit for a 7 night is $350 per person. $600 is for anything beyond that.

Maybe someone can answer this question. I booked this year's sailing on last year's cruise. Had it transferred to my TA when I got back. Had considered possibly cancelling this year's trip. When I talked to the TA, she said that if I canceled and didn't move it to a specific sailing (instead of leaving it open for another future sailing), I'd lose the credit? That didn't sound right to me.

Two things here, if you booked the original cruise with your TA, when you booked the next one on board it should have automatically gone to credit the new cruise to your TA, second, if you cancel the sailing you booked on board before final payment you keep the credit, it is tied to your mariner number.

Just a recession FYI here, a lot of people are actually booking two cruises (if the clients are a couple), he books one they want as a single and she does the same with another. The result of this is they have the cabin they want on two different sailings for $100 per sailing. When final payment comes around they put the second name on the cabin and pay it off AND they both still get the OBC for each sailing.

If you think you may choose a different TA in the future, tell the future cruise consultant you want to make the booking directly with HAL and not your TA of record. Then it will be easy to switch later on. Some TAs are loathe to give up a booking!

This can't be done, the booking is automatically linked tot he TA and there is no provision in the software for the consultant to change it.

I have heard that the FCC comes to the Neptune Lounge for a certain time period to meet with any suite passengers who want to talk about a future booking.

Has anyone had experience with this? Is it just one day for a few hours? Probably on a day at sea?

On our cruises has come in a couple of times for a few hours at a time.

Another question regarding the future cruise deposits.....

If I were to purchase two deposits can it be transferable to someone else.

As I am single I never know who I might be travelling with. Hoping to do a cruise with my daughter in the near future but wouldn't necessarily want to name her on the deposit as Hal might not be the right line for her...she's the type who would love to be climbing a rock wall!

Whomever I cruise with it would be nice that they would receive the same perks. If I cruise solo that would just mean I would have to book another!;)

Hope someone knows the answer to this, if not I guess I can always ask onboard.

Rochelle

The future cruise cannot be transfered BUT as soon as you add a second name to your cabin that person does get the OBC also. This really surprised me and we have had this happen on about a dozen cabins now.

The future cruise cannot be transfered BUT as soon as you add a second name to your cabin that person does get the OBC also. This really surprised me and we have had this happen on about a dozen cabins now.

Thanks heavenly,

This means I just have to put down one deposit on worry about who comes with me later or if I go it solo. Just the answer I was looking for.

Thanks again,

Rochelle

This can't be done, the booking is automatically linked tot he TA and there is no provision in the software for the consultant to change it.

That's not my experience.

Twice I have booked a cruise with the Future Cruise Consultant and had the new cruise assigned to someone other than the current TA. I had one go to a HAL Personal Cruise Consultant, and the other to a TA I've never used before. The last time was as recently as February of this year.

I am always very specific about where the booking is to be transferred (which TA) or if it is to stay as PCC with HAL. If you DO NOT specify your choice, by default the booking goes to the TA who booked the cruise you are on when doing the future booking.

We had to cancel a cruise that we had placed the $100 FCC as deposit for this month. We did not lose our deposit. It was redeposited back to our Mariner Account which is the method they use for tracking and we will use it for another cruise. We were to have sailed April 14 on Maasdam but cannot go.

Archived