How to pronounce Caribe?

gargoyle999

After you board and use the elevators, you will be tired of hearing the names of all the decks recited by the elevators!

Dumb question of the day: How is Caribe pronounced?

car-eye-ba, ca-rye-ba, car-ib (rhyme with bib), ca-rib, something else?

After you board and use the elevators, you will be tired of hearing the names of all the decks recited by the elevators!

"Kuh-Reeb, Deck Ten."

The elevator lady's voice reminds me of something in the movie

Westworld:eek:

has anyone noticed if there are rugs with the day of the week on them? I noticed this on RCI last summer (Med cruise). Maybe it was to help people with jet lag? :)

This is an RCI thing, Princess does not have the rugs in the elevators with the day of the week on them that I have ever noticed before.

has anyone noticed if there are rugs with the day of the week on them? I noticed this on RCI last summer (Med cruise). Maybe it was to help people with jet lag? :)

That was the hardest left turn I've ever seen :)

Anyway since we're on the Caribe deck, I'm glad to know how it's pronounced. It'd could embarrassing otherwise.

Being new to cruising and to Princess, I had assumed it was pronounced ka-REE-bay (the Spanish way, meaning "Caribbean"), especially since there's also Baja (which I guess refers to Baja California? I get the whole alphabetical scheme, but it's kind of ironic that the word baja means "low" and it's used for one of the higher decks). :)

Anyway, when I called Princess about our upcoming cruise, in passing the agent said ka-REEB. Now I know! In any case, totally looking forward to our cruise on the Coral. (On Aloha!) :D

LOL I love hearing the elevators. It reminds me that im on a cruise. :)
Me too!

This is good to remind you of what day it is.... but when your last day is displayed on the rug it becomes depressing.

Archived