? For Recent Cruisers.

We were on Navigator in late November, early December. It was a standard Eastern Caribbean cruise, I have NO idea how full it was. I do know that there were a lot of people getting on in San Juan because of bad weather on the East Coast the day we sailed.

I've never seen such a happy crew! The smiles were huge when we were greeted, I got hugs from crew members who remembered us from several months earlier, Mark got handshakes and pats on the back.

This isn't a "cheerleader stance", it is a statement of fact. During dinner every night in CR, several people would come around and greet us. The sommelier knew that I like iced tea, and he'd race to get my glass on the table before I could sit down, laughing the whole time.

We had the deligtful experience of cruising with cruseluv on the Voyager Grand Crossing last November. The trip was nearly sold out. Over 90% of the passengers were repeaters. Regent has upped the price of the 2008 Grand Crossing because they can. We enjoyed a full range of activities. The crew seemed happy. A lot of them were on board for the impending world cruise. We found the ship, crew, and dining experiences to be in top form. Can't imagine a better crossing. Our next Regent cruise will be on the Navigator in July in the Black Sea. The trip is nearly sold out. So we will be testing the proposition that a full load on Navigator equals a strained dining experience and a visibly stressed out crew. Hope not. We have been promised a stellar cruising experience. That is what we paid for. And that is what we expect. Patrick

Hi Pat,

I think you'll find that Navigator performs very well, even when full. In 2005 we did a 2 weeks Iceland/ Norway cruise on Navigator. It was full , but you wouldn't know it! Great cruise, great service. It's a great ship.

Pat-

We were on the Navigator in mid Feb. of this year. Regent's website listed the cruise as "waitlist only" so I assume we were sailing on a full ship. The service was the best and the crew the "happiest" of any cruise we have ever taken. We have cruised Regent 7 times, SS 3 times and Sea Dream once. We will also be on the Navigator in July for the Black Sea - can hardly wait!

We too were on the Nov Voyager with "cruiseluv" and Pat. The service was wonderful, a full range of activities, so many that some days one had to choose, bridge lessons, trivia, bingo, lectures, movies, country fair, lunch buffets by the pool, etc. The crew were happy and smiling and only once did the service seem a little slow in CR. The ship was full, both segments were in fact.

Archived