Godfrey, Air Force 1 or Sunny Liston tour?

stunned

I don't see any difference between Godfrey, Air Force 1 or Sunny Liston shopping, sightseeing and beach tours. Which one should we choose? Are they are responsible for getting back to ship in time? I'm thinking Sapphire beach for the beach break. Any and all info would be appreciated - thanks.

If you'll look through the first few pages, you'll probably find many threads about the various companies.

We used Papa Bear at Air Force 1 in December.

There were 13 of us, all from our Miracle Roll Call. We didn't sail until 8 pm, so had an extended island tour. The only problem was we didn't arrive at Sapphire until just after 4 pm, and they wouldn't allow us to rent snorkel equipment. So we just swam and had a beer.

Papa Bear was wonderful. I highly recommend him.

Just got back from doing a tour with Pappa Bear last week and had a wonderful time touring the island with him, my husband, daughter, another couple and their daughter. Pappa Bear took us all over and even allowed us to swim at two beaches (Sapphire and Coki).....I highly recommend this tour and you will have a great time.

Just got back from doing a tour with Pappa Bear last week and had a wonderful time touring the island with him, my husband, daughter, another couple and their daughter. Pappa Bear took us all over and even allowed us to swim at two beaches (Sapphire and Coki).....I highly recommend this tour and you will have a great time.

Was this the #3 tour offered on his site? I hope so, because that's the one we booked. Please let me know. Thanks!:cool:

Which one of the two beaches would you recommend, Sapphire or Coki? I take it you didn't go to Megan's Bay. Could you give me any information on Parasailing at the beaches?

I know there is parasailing at COKI and I am fairly sure you can at Sapphire as well. Snorkeling is good at both beaches, but I prefer Sapphire over Coki - it's beautiful. Be sure to wear water shoes or fins at sapphire as the bottom is hard on bare feet.

Enjoy!

We were just on a tour with Sunny Liston and I would recommend it. Depending on how much shopping time you want, he will pick you up at the pier at 9, 10 or 11:00 and take you downtown. Then just before 12:00 he starts the sightseeing part of the tour, it was a blast. We ended up at Sapphire a little before 2. We had a choice of beach but everyone wanted to go to Sapphire on this tour. We left the beach at 4:00 and Sunny had us back to the ship in plenty of time.

We are just back from RCCL cruise and did Sunny Liston tour. Unfortunately, Sunny was not available and we had driver Elvis.

While it was not horrible, it was probably one of the worst "tours" I've ever had. We rode to one lookout point, then mountaintop, spent 15 minutes, and then went to Saphirre Beach. He was timely in picking us up - no complaints there- but it was basically a glorified taxi ride. Very little information about the island.

This was the only excursion we did (ship or privately booked) that did not meet expectations.

I would not recommend it. We would have been far better off going on our own or just heading to St. John's.

We got Papa Bear with Air Force One (me, my wife and 2 kids) off the Freedom last week. Papa Bear is Fantastic!! Picked us up around 9am and gave us great tour (stopping along the way to talk about local history, fruits, plants, island information,etc.). After tour, he took us to beach of choice (Megans Bay). Then after that into town for shopping. You can not go wrong with Papa Bear and Air Force One!!

The bus/taxi/truck has a lockable trunk in the back. Papa Bear (Air Force 1) kept all our bags (purchases and tote bags) locked in there while we were at Mountain Top and at even kept out purses locked in there while we were at the beach.

You have to realize that their livlihood depends on their reliability and reputation. They will keep you and your belongings as safe as they possibly can.

We just got back from our cruise and the Tour with Sunny Liston was definitely the best excursion we had. We started our day with a 9:00 am pickup to do some shopping; Sunny then met the group in the shopping district to begin our tour. What a blast - he had the entire group singing and laughing. He can't carry a tune, but he truly enjoys himself & has everyone else relaxing and enjoying themselves. . He drove us up to Mountain Top - where the view was spectacular and the banana dacuri was awesome. Following the tour, he dropped us off at our choice of beaches -the entire tour group of 25 selected Sapphire Beach. This beach is beautiful, has all the amenties you need. Sunny picked us up promptly at 4:00 pm and got us back to our ship in time. As we were driving around singing and laughing, we passed by other tour groups and they were just sitting there expressionless. We met up with someone who took the same tour, but directly through Carnival - they paid $40 and indicated they were bored. No interaction, etc. I whole heartedly recommend Sunny Liston.:)

We did the godfrey tour last month. It was fine, except for cutting it way to close for getting us back on ship in time. Our ships last boarding was 4:30, they were going to pick us back up at Saphire beach at 4:00, everyone on our tour insisted on 3:30, which was a struggle to get them to pick us up sooner but they agreed, then due to traffice & etc, it took us an hour to get back to the ship, I was panicing inside. We could have very easily missed the ship if they picked us up at 4:00. Be careful, leave plenty of time.

My husband and I just returned from Adventure of the Seas cruise (April 20-27) and booked one of Papa Bear/Airforce One tours. He promptly picked us up in front of the ship at 9:00 along with another family and took us on a tour including two scenic lookouts with additional stops along the way. He dropped the other family off at Magen's Bay and then took us to Coki Beach. We were impressed with his personalized service, honesty, and dependability. He actually walked down to the beach with us and pointed out food and chair/umbrella vendors and mentioned that we could use restrooms at Coki World for $1.00 if we didn't want to use the restrooms on the beach. We had brought both a water camera and a digital camera to the beach and he locked our camera in his vehicle for safekeeping and waited in the parking lot until we were ready to leave. After we were at the beach for a while it started to rain and he came down to the beach to check to see how we were doing and whether we wanted to stay or leave early. We chose to leave early and he added an extra stop to the tour and showed us around Mahogany Golf Course before stopping to pick up the other family at Magen's Bay. We were back to the ship before 3:30. The trip was $25.00 per person and Papa Bear did not collect payment until the end of the tour, unlike some tours where you have to pay in advance when you make your reservation.

We were very happy with our choice of Coki Beach. The water was warm and crystal clear. We snorkeled and saw many fish. Our ship was the only ship in port that day and the beach was not crowded.

Mary

I see on Godfrey's website that he will keep your shopping packages for you. Has anyone ever left them with him and gotten them back? Has anyone every had problems?

It seems kind of scary to leave your packages out of your sight .

We just got back from touring with Godfrey, and left our packages with him and felt very safe. He is a very professional.

I just wanted to add this:

Two weeks ago we booked with Godfrey and by the way, really loved his tour.

We were scheduled for a 9:00am pick up time. We decided to get off the ship at 8:30 to look around a bit. Once inside the port it seemed like all the other tour companies except Godfrey were already there.

We must have looked a little panicked even thought it wasn't yet 9:00. When "Papa Bear" from Air force 1 came up to me and asked who we were looking for. When I replied "Godfrey" he immediately said "Let me call him for you" As it was he was coming up the street, but he didn't hesitate to put our worries at ease even though we were not touring with him that day. We thanked him and he said they all have to work together. I was most impressed.

So I don’t think whoever you choose you can go wrong.

That's exactly what he did when we toured with him in December.

Godfrey wasn't there (and there were about 12 buses lined up). He pulled out his cell phone and called him to find out where he was, or if someone else was on his way. When he hung up, he told the folks looking for Godfrey how long it would be and where to wait. As more people came off the ship looking for Godfrey, he directed them to wait with the others. I was very impressed. We had plenty of room on our bus. If he had wanted to "steal" the competition's business, he could have (as someone suggested happened in a different thread).

I'm sure these guys are all very professional and look out for each other. Anyway, we loved Papa Bear!

We did Sunny Liston tour as well. Had the time of our lives. Sunny's wife drove us most of the way, and Sunny himself picked us up from Sapphire Beach. A great day, a beautiful island, wonderful tour guides, and a fun ride!

Very loud, musical, and energenic! Much more than a typical tour.

We did Sunny's friends tour in St. Maarten as well. His tour was good...but NOTHING like Sunny's! Both were very dependable, and well worth the time and money.

Archived