Concierge Class survey

lysolqn

Received an online Concierge Class survey from X today re the various amenities offered in CC. Purpose of the survey was help X make/keep CC special for pax. Wish it had been a Captain's Club survey - that's where X can really stand some improvement!

Received an online Concierge Class survey from X today re the various amenities offered in CC. Purpose of the survey was help X make/keep CC special for pax. Wish it had been a Captain's Club survey - that's where X can really stand some improvement!

I completed the survey this morning.

I thought it was odd that Celebrity offered nothing whatsoever to complete the survey. Every other company has offered a sweepstakes (one survey completer will win a cruise is common) or other incentive. I didn't answer the personal (income, etc.) questions which are none of their business. Did you?

In any case, I do think that the Concierge Class survey was important. Celebrity needs to get new cruisers, to retain those that are not yet elite, as well as to reward those who have cruised the most with Celebrity.

The impression I got is that they are looking to get rid of some of the amenities, as the survey did not ask if there was a new amenity we might like. They also want to know how much extra we are willing to pay for Concierge Class over other cabins. Not much after our recent experience, I'd say.

No, didn't answer the personal questions. Like you, thought it was none of their business.

Got the impression they're re-thinking some of the CC amenities. Would be nice if they added some new ones.

They asked how much we appreciated the free shoeshines ands the VIP invitations, and I don't remember getting any such benefits in CC, on any of 4 cruises in the last 4 years!

Kman

P.S.

I'm sorry, I did tell them how much income you folks have, didn't know you wanted to keep secrets!!

Kidding.............

I agree with you, they are already charging plenty for what they are providing -- just booked a "CC" cabin on the Equinox -- all the cabins are the same -- they need to upgrade benefits vs downgrade. I will be trying to hold them to the few perks they are offering when I board:) .

I would like to see free internet minutes.

Access to the spa pool, not mentioned was available on the Infinity, Constellation, and Summit in the past.

It has been awhile since I have been on Celebrity. Have Elite Status with Princess.

I got one too. I wish it had listed new possible benefits and allowed us to rank them against the current benefits. I told them the binoculars were far from high quality - I would be willing to rent them onboard.

I never got the pillow menu, but sure do love the idea of it. I also didn't know I could customize the fruit bowl and evening canapes - but I do now thanks to cruise critic!

Interesting they asked our birth year - the already know that. Aren't you just tempted to put down 2007 as birth year? But I decided against it since it might kick out my response!

From Coreopsis: I never got the pillow menu, but sure do love the idea of it. I also didn't know I could customize the fruit bowl and evening canapes - but I do now thanks to cruise critic!

I sure hope I see that pillow menu on our upcoming Alaska Cruise in June. By the way, what aft balcony number is that picture of? I'm going to be in 8170 on the Millie and that shot looks familiar. Although I guess it could be of one on the 9th deck, as well.

I remember reading a thread a year ago with another questionnaire. Seems these just might be bogus - seeking personal information for reasons that are not on the up and up. They might not even really be coming from Celebrity.

I receive many emails to update my Bank of America account. I don't have one, but have emailed a family member there. Could they be getting this info by reading Cruise Critic? Beware.

C

Why did you get the survey? Did you just complete a cruise where you were in a CC cabin? I'm curious as my cruise next month is a CC cabin and I didn't get a survey.

We got the survey and I think it was because we have 7 cruises with X all in CC, most recent in November and we have two future CC cruises booked.

I sure hope I see that pillow menu on our upcoming Alaska Cruise in June. By the way, what aft balcony number is that picture of? I'm going to be in 8170 on the Millie and that shot looks familiar. Although I guess it could be of one on the 9th deck, as well.

When they say "pillow menu" they don't mean it's written on a piece of paper, it just means you can ask for the kind of pillow you prefer. Just ask your room steward.

Millie - 9201. Good eye! I thought our last cruise was special occasion and worth splurging for CC class. Ha! Now that I've sampled it - I guess every vacation is a special occasion :) I am booked in Aft CC cabin for Alaska and Solstice . . . and I didn't think I was even a big cruise fan.

As for pillow menu - really? Just verbal? How are you supposed to know what is available if it isn't written down somewhere?

Menu to me = something written down on a card, or in the guest book, or on TV. If that's the case, maybe they should restate it as "Pillow Preferences" available from your room steward.

We received not one but two surveys. My wife uses her orofessional

name. But, here is the kicker - both of our surveys froze after the rating

procedure. Both were highly complimentary - meybe our computer acted

up - it wouldn't be the first time.

I just filled out our survey, too. As far as a criteria as to who receives the survey, I can't offer much in the way of a rationale. We have only one cruise on Celebrity (November), although we have cruised before on other lines.

I also didn't fill out the question asking about income - there were only three personal questions, I believe, and nothing other than year of birth and gender. There's no reason they need to know our income level, since we can pay for our cruise!

As far as the pillow menu - there is an actual menu somewhere. It may be on the website (although I'm not completely certain about this), but I did know what choices I was going to have before we left. Once aboard, we found a menu card with descriptions in our cabiin, and used that as a guide when we told our attendant what we preferred.

Mary

As far as the pillow menu - there is an actual menu somewhere. It may be on the website (although I'm not completely certain about this), but I did know what choices I was going to have before we left. Once aboard, we found a menu card with descriptions in our cabiin, and used that as a guide when we told our attendant what we preferred.Mary

Yes. Before we had a CC cabin I'd seen it on the website under amenities, so I knew what to expect and ask for if I didn't see it.

I sure agree about those useless binoculars. They are identical to the ones the credit card companies "give" you for postage only. I did that once and it was a joke. I gave them to a child who'd never looked thru real binoculars.

We,ve had 4 CC staterooms in about 5 years, one coming up in a few weeks. I took the survey seriously and there really was nothing that personal--at least, that we answered truthfuly LOL.

Someone mentioned not that long ago that it can be risky (pinkeye or ---) to use their free binoculars unless you first sanitize the eyepieces.

Kman

Archived