Captain's Table Invitation

kpoppa

Usha, you have been invited to the Capt's Table on every

cruise? All 20+ cruises? Wow!

Not all 21 X cruises, just the last 19.:) We've given some thought as to "why", but really, who cares! We have soooooooooooooo much fun, and we've met the nicest officers, not to mention the nicest other passengers at the "table". One of these times, we won't get an invitation, and I know my husband will be like; "WHAT THE.....?" and we'll just hafta' tough it out all cruise without "eating with the help";) .

We were invited to dine with the captain on our first and only Celebrity cruise. Not sure why, we were seated at a table for 2, were only concierge level cabin. We turned it down though as it was our anniversary and we wanted to dine alone.

OOPS! I refigured the # of times we've dined at the officers table, and it's actually 15, not 19.:o On some of the b/2/bs, we only dined with the officer one week, but not both.

The cruises that it's happened have all been on Celebrity, and always when I'm with my DH (as opposed to when I'm with my daughter or my sister).

He must be the famous one; well, he's MY rock star .:D

We were recently on the Century and received an invitation to dine with Captain Mitropolous on formal night. It was a wonderful experience although I imagine it must be a bit wearying for the Captain to host these dinners every cruise. We were on only our second Celebrity cruise (we have nearly 40 on Royal Caribbean) and were in an outside stateroom with verandah, not a Sky suite or a Concierge Class stateroom, so I am not sure why we were invited. The others at the table were very nice folks but I could not discern any special things that we might have had in common that led us all to receive invitations, so I can only conclude that it was a fortunate bit of luck. We received a very nice picture of the group at the Captain's table and an invitation to tour the bridge later on during the cruise. :)

I have another captains table story to relate.

I took my son on a cruise to Bermuda before he started college. He was older(21) because he had been in the Army already. When we were formally introduced the hostess said Mr & Mrs instead of mother/son. By the looks on everyones faces they thought we were married. We decided to go with it and had a wonderful laugh about half way through dinner when my son told the captain that we were not married. He remembered us and started laughing the next time he saw us.

My advice, if invited go and enjoy the evening.

Archived