Should I Keep The Balcony??

citcatt1

I have a cruise booked for the Fantasy June 28th. My problem is I've

heard that the suites aren't that great, and my pvp said I'd get a $900.00

refund if I got an OV instead. I really love a balcony because I get up

really early and it's like an extra room. But is it worth that much???:confused: :confused:

$900 buys a lot of fun on the cruise, you could do every excursion and drink and go to the spa on that kind of money. We did a OV on Ecstasy for that very reason, no balconys you have to spring for a suite and thats more than I would pay for it. We can go top deck early in the morning and sit out.

I have a cruise booked for the Fantasy June 28th. My problem is I've

heard that the suites aren't that great, and my pvp said I'd get a $900.00

refund if I got an OV instead. I really love a balcony because I get up

really early and it's like an extra room. But is it worth that much???:confused: :confused:

I have always booked a balcony but for that much of a differance i would pass is that a 5 day cruise ? I dont pay 900$ for a 7 day cruise with a balcony.

It sounds like you have a suite booked based on the $900 difference from the OV. If you really want the balcony' date=' then just get the standard balcony cabin (8A-E). That should only be about $150 - $200 more than the OV.[/quote']

OP can't because the fantasy and that class dont have regular balconys to book, it goes from OV to cat 11 or 12. Nothing in between.

OP can't because the fantasy and that class dont have regular balconys to book, it goes from OV to cat 11 or 12. Nothing in between.

Oops!! My bad! I guess I haven't been on the class of ship then. Is the Fantasy an older ship? I'm used to being on the big honkers with balcony's everywhere!

this is correct.

OP:

We just booked the Fantasy and although we usually try to have a balcony when we cruise, we opted for the OV this time. The suites were just too much more. The cruise is only 5 days so I just couldn't see how having an OV would kill me for a short cruise.

If I were you, I'd take that $900 and put it toward another cruise. That's a nice hunk of dough.

Yes it's a *suite* but really only the size of a balcony stateroom on the big *honkers* lol I figured I'd do a survey and if more people said "take the money" I'd do it, I'm on the fence at this point but I have to pay my last $50.00 by April 29th.

I have the Fantasy booked for only $600 for both of us :) yikes on $900 more. Iv had the booking for a while though.

Iv also got a cheap Ecstasy price, but been booked for jan 09 since about april of 07, a year and a half ahead, prices only been going up up up, glad I booked early.

No deal - take the money. While I have never sailed the Fantasy class ships, that is too much money to "upgrade" to a suite for such a short cruise. Maybe if were only a few hundred... that is why we have never had a suite - only balcony cabins. Price difference was always at least $1000 (usually more like $2000) for the 4 of us to go with a sute. I'd rather be a bit squished for 7 days and put that money towards something else. At least we have a balcony!

You guy's are great! I think I WILL go with OV....This does seem like a game show like one poster said....and I feel like I might pick the wrong door!!:eek: We will be so busy spending the money, we won't be in our room anyway....

Archived