What type of swimsuit do you wear?

txfab

What swimsuit do you wear on cruise?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What swimsuit do you wear on cruise?

• Thong
    • Bikini
    • Square Cut/ Slim Boxer
    • Full cut Boxer/ Baggies

Okay folks,

So what is your favorite swimsuit to wear?

What are the does and don'ts?

How little is too little?

What is eye candy and what is eye sore?

This is a just fun thread..........to see where we go with this.

FOD

txfab

Seems those that should don't and those that shouldn't ....do.

If you got it, flaunt it. If you got way too much........wear a dickydo shirt. For those naturaly blessed with the six pack or worked your tail off to own one...wear the speedo...........for those with a keg vice a 6 pack......discretion paleeeez.

Me, all sights are part of the trip experience........heres lookin at you kid!

Okay folks would any of you wear something small even if you don't have the perfect body?

Would you wear a bikini on a gay cruise but not on a mixed ship?

Are baggy's the way to go so you can wear them all day long?

txfab

In St Maarten, I'm not wearin' nothin'.

At other beaches, I'm thinkin' thong.

On the ship, I'm thinkin' speedo type; but if I go into the pool I'll probably pull on a pair of old running shorts over top.

The "cruise fashion" board is replete with women hating speedos, period. (I don't know what THEIR problem is...either they're frigid or they find themselves getting turned on without an outlet......). Then there are the ones that dislike the speedos with the overhanging gut. (Excuse me, but the gut will also be hanging over boxers and boardshorts....what's the connection?)

My personal problem is that I've lost my butt. I know I had one; but now I can't find it....and I'm not really sure where I last saw it. (My abs are fine, tho, so apparently I qualify as a legit wearer...:rolleyes: )

I agree, while in St Maarten or any other c/o beach, its nothing for me. Other beaches, depending on the situation, you will find me in a thong or gstring, and on board ship, always in a speedo. I have worked out hard to finally get a body worth showing off, so I do whenever the opportunty exists.

Vote at the swimsuit poll. What would you wear?

I usally wear a bikini on the ship when I am on the top deck getting sun. I put on baggies when I get up. I will take 3 to 5 different swimsuits on the cruise with me. I don't want to be remembered as the guy who wore the same bikini the whole week. I know that I don't have the body to show off but; if I keep my arms over my head while laying down and suck in my gut when I stand up to put on my shirt I figure I can get away with it. :)

Should more ships have an adult clothing optional sun deck? It seemed on Carnival that those using it were gay men.

txfab

Did I mention I have a thing for those suits......the best eye candy packaging on the planet..........had occular strain and whip lash at Manly beach out side of Sydney Austarlia last year, still have not recovered.

Now the big question...can I get into one by time the 2005 RSVP cruise hits this February......gonna try.

flspeedo...keep up the good work.

Of course you'll be able to fit into one - you could have fit into one on the Gauguin, if you'd brought one :( . They don't need to be that big if you're just wearing it over your head like you normally do ;)

Yeah - I had 3 different Speedos - bikinis and squarecuts - all set for the Feb RSVP cruise, cause I didn't wanna be the "Same-Speedo-Guy" either...

Arrived on the ship and realized that I left my Speedos in San Francisco!!!

:eek:

So off to the giftshop, emerging w/ some traditional blue HAL logo shorts. At least they had my size...

:(

Moral of the story?

"Never pack for a gay cruise on a Bon Voyage party hangover."

And then there are those (me) who can still remember when we could get into them (speedos) and do them proud. I was about 19 and stationed in Tripoli Libya & the Med was only two blocks from the barracks.

Anybody ever order suits thru this company? I like the idea of getting suit(s) made to my specs.

Now, I'm thinkin' thong and "matching" squarecut......(1 beer should get me out of my shorts; another 3, and I'm out of the squarecut; and another couple ...)

Are these suits any good?

When we sailed with RSVP on the Carnival Ecstacy the topless deck was bottomless for some as well. It was the high point of that ship.

Although I never ventured up there, I understand the Observation Deck on the RSVP Oosterdam cruise was "clothing optional" as well.

I have sailed HAL for well over 20 years, never did I ever see any deck advertised as clothing optional, nor did I observe anyone topless or bottomless on any HAL ships I have sailed.

Oh, I'd never expect to see it on a reg HAL cruise, and it wasnt "advertised" on our charter cruise either...

...but there are plenty of happening's on the gay/lesbian cruises that don't occur on "Str8" cruises.

I'm somewhat dubious....sounds like I might be setting myself up for a segment in the forthcoming "Old Men Gone Wild" video.......................................................................................................................................................................................let me get back to you.

Gee Cruiser Dan, cant wait till the day I meet you on Seabourn....watching you strut on deck in this little festive green and black number...green for money, black for the caviar they will be feeding you.

As for Old men going wild.....depends on what you call old and how old you look. Someage like fine wine, some turn to vinegar....and vinegar is very sharp and bites.......LOL

Me, I like em BBB, thats big, bald and buffed............or buzzed....the suit does not matter, although seedos are fab!....and the tan lines.......extra fabo....whoops, sorry for getting carried away.

Archived