What type of swimsuit do you wear?

txfab

What swimsuit do you wear on cruise?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What swimsuit do you wear on cruise?

• Thong
    • Bikini
    • Square Cut/ Slim Boxer
    • Full cut Boxer/ Baggies

I am a water fitness and swim instructor turning 44 on our cruise in November to the Mexican Riviera. Sounds good so far? Now here is the true mental image you should conjur up....fit and a little fluffy, but I live in Southern California and work in an outdoor pool year round.....so tan ;-) I love womens Speedos, but have recently purchased two Tankinis for our cruise. I am testing them out at work while waiting for our cruise so I can tan my white belly. I didn't see either of these suits on your survey. :p My husband is looking forward to seeing me in something other than my one piece Speedos.

I've worn a thong on the topless deck when on Carnival. There was another guy there with a thong-type suit throughout the cruise, and a other guys in regular speedos. There were also lots of topless women. It was obvious that the folks here weren't uptight about what folks were or were not wearing, so I didn't give it a second thought.

On the regular decks, I usually choose a bikini or box-type suit, and I usually find some others (especially Europeans) in the same type of suits. The bikinis are so much more practical -- they dry in minutes, then you can put on your regular pants without soaking through. Those heavy, wet boxers seem impractical.

With the Orient Beach look, fellow passengers might want to start up a game of ring toss.....which could be very painful if you get my drift.

Besides I like a tan line on my fellow passenger...its like the perfect place setting on a dining table...unless its Thulewx...then it comes under the heading of a happy meal at Mickeydees.

Okay, here's the deal.....I just placed an order.

After we completed the sale:eek: , they wanted the email addys of guys who might be interested in their product. If I provide your addy, they will give you a $10 off coupon toward a purchase (and I get $3 off per addy). At my risk, here is my email: nitnyleo@yahoo.com Send me your email addy, and I will forward it to them.

HE is at: http://www.heswimwear.com

Make your own 411, and if you think it's a good deal.....email me. I'll email them; they'll email you with a coupon code.

I just ordered a thong, a full-cut bikini (without elastic in the waist (a la aussie bum)), and an oversized boxcut...all in white. If you guys come thru, I'll be able to get the same set in that juicy green color worn by the model (why doesn't CC have a drooling icon????)

I was looking a bit deeper through the gear at HE. There are some fun choices. Lace sounds kind fun for men's undergarments. :o Pink fabrics that go sheer when wet! That'll go over well on board! :p Karen has a bikini or two that does that. Can you see us splashing out of the pool in plain view? Tee hee. Look out Grandma, here we come! :eek: I can see me spending some money there. Oh great, now look what you started!

some speedo style suits - divers cut - that are a little narrower on the side. I have a rugger type body - the legs are beefy & I have a little tummy(I swam in school & continue to this day so my arms & chest are still decent. These suits are so comfortable & yet have the right amount of coverage....

I bought mine in Italy this summer & wore them constantly. Versace has a similar cut , so does Burberry.

They look great on all types ....

I'm going on a Mexican Riviera cruise that overnights in Acapulco. Leaving on New Year's Eve and I can hardly wait. The ship is the Norwegian Star.
For the celebration, I ordered a solid color square cut swimsuit with two contrasting side stripes and then a thong in the color of one of the contrasting stripes to wear underneath. Don't know if I'll get brave enough to go down to just the thong but who knows :) Maybe for an evening in the jacuzzi!
If there are any others on this voyage, would love to ring in the New Year with a glass of champagne aboard the ship!

Sounds fun. But, then, overnighting anywhere can be fun.

[quote name='DwntwnSeaGuy'] Don't know if I'll get brave enough to go down to just the thong but who knows :) Maybe for an evening in the jacuzzi!
[/QUOTE]My sentiments, exactly. Actually, I find it easier to wear nothing....but I guess you can't do that on board (until you're actually in the jacuzzi).

Bon Voyage!

Thanks for taking part in the swimsuit poll and for the comments. There are some interesting viewpoints from a diverse group....I learned not everyone is gay and male. Also, thanks for sharing photos and websites.

My apologies for excluding some styles that people wear.

I was suprised at the number of views on this thread.

Enjoy,
txfab

Archived