Electrical Outlets - Amsterdam

gerif

My DS and BIL will be sailing to Alaska in late May - they are not on this list. DS would like to know if the electrical outlets will accommodate her curling iron. I don't own one, so couldn't help her.

I believe that curling irons are on the prohibited items list...
Seems like I've heard that, now that you mention it. But I haven't found it on the HAL website. Here's what they say:

"All staterooms are equipped with standard 110 AC and 220 AC outlets. If your shaver operates on standard 110 AC, by all means bring it (guests with pre- or post-cruise hotel packages may want to bring converters and/or adapters for their hotel stay). You may wish to bring a travel alarm clock as they are not available in staterooms. Hairdryers are available in staterooms on all ships.

For safety reasons, we respectfully request that you do not iron clothing in your stateroom. Ironing facilities are available at the self-service laundry rooms for your convenience on all ships except the ms Oosterdam, ms Westerdam, ms Zuiderdam and ms Noordam. In addition, full laundry and valet services are available on all of our ships."

I believe that curling irons are on the prohibited items list...

When I first read the thread I had that same thought, Dave, so went to look it up on the paperwork from my last cruise (Jan/Feb this year). Curling irons weren't specifically banned. They may or may not be included in the general statement

"Due to the potential fire hazard ... and any other devices which have an open flame or generate high heat may not be used in your stateroom."

When I first read the thread I had that same thought, Dave, so went to look it up on the paperwork from my last cruise (Jan/Feb this year). Curling irons weren't specifically banned. They may or may not be included in the general statement

"Due to the potential fire hazard ... and any other devices which have an open flame or generate high heat may not be used in your stateroom."

I could swear they used to be named specifically - back when steamers were allowed! ;)

BRING EITHER A SMALL POWER STRIP OR A SHORT EXTENSION CORD!

Wish I'd known this a few weeks ago on the Westerdam. There are 2 outlets on the desk but they are so low that I was not able to plug in my blow dryer (my blow dryer's plug is more than 2" long). At least I was able to use the ship's blow dryer but it did take longer to dry my hair.

If you're bringing anything with a 2"+ plug, you won't be able to use it in your room.

Curling irons are not banned. Clothes irons yes, curling irons no.

Archived