CC Cabins on Sky Deck on C Class

SusieV

I just read a recent review from the Galaxy and it's made me a bit concerned about CC cabins on Sky Deck. I've been checking daily to try and grab one as a surprise for my husband, because I know he'd love the larger veranda and I thought the location would be quieter.

Have other people had issues with noise and soot in these cabins?

We had 1201 on the Galaxy in November and rarely heard any noise from the elevator lobby or from above us. The only noise we heard was some intermittent banging when we had one or two rough nights at sea.

We were very happy with our cabin. Because of the location, we also didn't have a lot of passengers using our deck for walk throughs.

Mary

We had 1201 on the Galaxy in November and rarely heard any noise from the elevator lobby or from above us. The only noise we heard was some intermittent banging when we had one or two rough nights at sea.

We were very happy with our cabin. Because of the location, we also didn't have a lot of passengers using our deck for walk throughs.

Mary

thanks Mary.. that's great news we have 1201 for the galaxy christmas cruise this year....

The four cabins, 1200,1201,1240 and 1241 on Galaxy and Mercury have always been some of the most sought after cabins on any of the Celebrity ships even back when they were 2A cabins. These cabins have huge balconies compared to other CC cabins on those ships. They are about 1/3 covered and 2/3 open to the deck above which is not used by many people.

The only downside is the basketball court which is to the rear of the ship and can be heard from 1240 and 1241. I had one of those and didn't find it a problem.

I've stayed in 1200 and never had these issues. Personally, I'd think twice about booking 1240 or 1241 as they have the basketball court (more kids and teens probably = more noise) next to them and are also adjoining cabins with the Sky Suite next door (people dependent on how it turns out). Soot from the stack is more of an issue the further back you are and which way the wind is blowing too. I never had any soot on my balcony as it is slightly forward of the stack.

Phil

Archived