When Did You Do a 'Dry Run' To Cape Liberty?

lritch426

Just planing on taking a trip to the port so we don't get lost and have a general idea of where we're going on embarkation day (since we'll be pressed for time). I'm assuming it's not a good idea to go when a cruise ship is in the terminal- when did you do your dry run? Thanks!

We cruised out of Cape Liberty in 2007. A "dry run" would have taken 8.5 hours each way, we decided to take a pass :D. Your docs will have the directions and you can google them as well. It isn't difficult to get to Cape Liberty.

Just planing on taking a trip to the port so we don't get lost and have a general idea of where we're going on embarkation day (since we'll be pressed for time). I'm assuming it's not a good idea to go when a cruise ship is in the terminal- when did you do your dry run? Thanks!

We did do a dry run the day before our cruise and glad we did. We are not from the area and wanted to have the route down pat. There was a guard at the entrance, so we were not allowed to drive to the actual drop off, but at least we knew exactly how to get to the port and how long it took us from our hotel.

We went to Cape Liberty last October from PA to get on the Explorer. We had Garmin GPS and still missed the exit, (our falult) and all I can say is that there is a final exit before you hit NY and we took it. After that, it was a piece of cake.

Since we live so far from the port, there was no way to make a dry run :eek:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure I would waste the money on gas. However, we did take a wrong turn because the directions were a little confusing.

Be sure to get off at exit 14A. At the toll booths you go straight ahead to a ramp that circles around. We made the mistake of making a right and going down 52nd Street.

You make a left onto 440 South. You should be able to see the ship. Make a left at the first big intersection where you can turn left. This is where we made our second mistake - the sign did not say Cape Liberty Cruise terminal so we didn't turn and had to go down aways before we could turn around.

You can't really get lost - you will be able to see the ship even before you get off the turnpike.

Archived