Did Comfort Suites / Atlantis Aquaventure- some info

hubofhockey

I believe they do charge the same for kids, but am not for sure. And every time you ask a question to CS, you will most likely get a different answer. They are doing A LOT of construction at ATLANTIS, but it did not affect what we did. It looked like they may be adding on to the water park, or redoing part of it. Couldn't really tell.

For the most part I believe they were. As I said, we saw where they either HAD a slide or ARE adding some sort of slide and that part is under construction. However, we did the slide that goes pretty well straight down and into the acrylic tube surrounded by sharks. Right next to that was a similar one that was done on an intertube. Then the same place, but on the backside was the waterslide that was more like a slide you would see at a carnival. THEN the best ones (in our opinion - after the real steep one) are connected to the "Floating River" which is the absolute greatest!!!! You are floating around in intertubes and you have lots of rapids; waves, etc. Then you come to this part that gives you a choice of going two different ways....all end up being waterslides.....you will be taken up via conveyor belt then literally "SHOT" into a waterslide...so cool!!! WE LOVED IT!!!! But..word of warning....KEEP YOUR BOTTOM UP and watch your head so you don't crack them on the rocks!!! The pools we saw that were open were beautiful and the beach as well, but we did not have time to enjoy either of them as we were on the slides ALL DAY LONG!!!! We got there (by taxi from the pier) about 11 and stayed til 4. Then we went to the front of Atlantis and caught the HARBOR TOWN SHUTTLE to the Water Taxi. Personally, I would have taken a regular taxi back, as the water taxi was not worth it and took FOREVER!!!! Planning on going back, but haven't decided if we will cruise or just fly and spend a few days at Atlantis / CS. To see it all and take it all in, you really need a few days, but airfare is SOOO EXPENSIVE from Missouri. ENJOY YOUR TRIP!!!

Here is what I just found on the Comfort Suites website:

Hotel Alerts: Must have one adult 21 years or older in each room. Children under 12 stay free if sharing room with parents. Children 16 or older charged as adults, an additional 40.00 plus taxes and service charges per night. Energy Surcharge: 10.00 per person per night (all persons 16 yrs and older) to be paid directly to hotel. Housekeeping Gratuity: 4.00 per person per night(all persons 12 years and older) to be paid directly to hotel. For group requests only (5 rooms or more) please call 1-800-417-6738 Ext 24

We left the boat and went shopping around Nassau first as Atlantis doesn't open til 10:00 a.m. and it was VERY OVERCAST. So, we ended up getting to Comfort Suites via taxi around 10:30 or 11. Then we checked in and took the leisurely stroll to get our wristbands and towels and headed to the slides area. If you haven't gone to the Atlantis website, you really need to. It is amazing. We weren't going to go there UNTIL we checked out the website. http://www.atlantis.com/water.aspx From that link you can click on all the little tabs - Aqua Adventure, Lazy River Ride, etc. What a blast!!! We stayed til around 5:00 as the waterslides close supposedly at 5:30, but someone said they were actually open til 7:00. However, we were getting hungry and were not going to pay Atlantis prices for a hamburger and fries. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

I have a room booked for our upcoming trip in Dec. Im wondering if we have to go back to CS to check out, or can we just leave Atlantis? I have no intentions of charging anything to the room...just wondered if we would save time by doing this or are we required to go back to check out ?

Thanks...:)

You can check in and check out at the same time. This saves alot of time later.

Laura

Archived