Did Comfort Suites / Atlantis Aquaventure- some info

hubofhockey

Thanks so much for all the info about getting to the Comfort Suites, walking over to Atlantis, etc.! We are booked there in June.

Just to let everyone know, I checked the website you have here for Bookit.com, and the $235 deal is only on weekdays. On Sat. night, it's $348.00. That's pretty good, but we'll stick with the CS since we have that for around $276.00 for four of us.

We have never been to the Bahamas, and this looks so beautiful! I can't wait.

We are going end of June. Best rate I can find is $269 but others seem to be find rates of $158. Where are they finding this rate?

I sure can't find a decent rate for Oct. 2, 2008 (1) night at either property... CS is running $300.00 (w/ taxes) for (4) adults !!! Even tried 2 adults and that was $210.00 !!! ARGH

Anyone know what time the waterpark opens on Sundays? I've looked all over their site and can't seem to find it. We'll be there in 3 weeks and really wanting to try it out.

If you email them with questions ( reservations@atlantis.com ) they'll reply with answers within a day or so.

In April the pools opened at 8AM & the slides at 9AM, but it may be different for June.

My cruise in august arrives at 7am and leaves at 2pm, Am i going to be able to take advantage of booking a room at cs to go to the atlantis for one day? Has anyone else done this for these early timezs of the day?

I sure can't find a decent rate for Oct. 2, 2008 (1) night at either property... CS is running $300.00 (w/ taxes) for (4) adults !!! Even tried 2 adults and that was $210.00 !!! ARGH

does anyone in your group have AAA that might help a little.

Nope... and I even tried the "50ish" rate promo... I think I found where Hotels dot com can offer it for $250.00, but that is a ridiculous price to pay for that property when I had done it for $149.00 for 4 guests, just a year ago in the same month ! Oh Well.... I may find another resort to chill at with our small group....I refuse to pay that much for the privilages of using the Atlantis and not be at least on their property and able to use their rooms !

We were there 2 weeks ago (4/30/08). I had orginally booked a room at CS, but someone on the CC boards mentioned that travelzoo.com showed a special at Atlantis so I booked a room there instead. We had a room in the Coral Towers which was great for us with our 4 year old DGD, because the Lazy River is right behind it. My total cost was $176.58 (2 adults & 1 child). Now I have travelzoo email me their Top 20 deals of the week. I've seen Atlantis deals listed again since mine, so you might want to keep an eye out there.

I actually paid $262.08 total: $209.00 room, $12.54 levy, $12.54 hotel guest tax & $28.00 gratuities.

Sorry for any confusion. Atlantis just emailed a copy of my final bill to me. I thought $176.58 seemed a little low!

Ummmm, nobody answered my question so let me try this once again.

We will be on the NCL full day shore excursion to Atlantis in September. Is there any place to keep a bag, cameras, etc. while we are enjoying the slides and other ammenities?

I gathered from what I've read here that towels are provided and it is not necessary to bring those from the ship.

Thanks for any help...

We will be on the NCL full day shore excursion to Atlantis in September. Is there any place to keep a bag, cameras, etc. while we are enjoying the slides and other ammenities?

I gathered from what I've read here that towels are provided and it is not necessary to bring those from the ship.

Thanks for any help...

I have read that there are lockers. I wasn't looking for them when I was there. Yes, they'll give you a towel when they give you the wristband.

Thanks for any help...

Towels are provided and I recall seeing lockers last time I was there.... but perhaps to email the resort itself would best answer that question... Straight from the horses mouth so to say, and also evidence you can bring with you in the event that their response was incorrect.

I have read that there are lockers. I wasn't looking for them when I was there. Yes, they'll give you a towel when they give you the wristband.

You can keep getting all of the towels you want at any towel hut when you show them your writstband.

I kept our beach bag by one of the main pool areas but carried the valuable around in the little water proof boxes that are attached to lanyards.

Hi all!

Thank you for all of the useful info! I am heading to Nassau on a cruise in August and I am traveling in a group of 5. If I book at the CS for 4 (1 room), will all 5 of us be able to access Aquaventure or would I need to book two rooms? Thanks again!

Hi all!

Thank you for all of the useful info! I am heading to Nassau on a cruise in August and I am traveling in a group of 5. If I book at the CS for 4 (1 room), will all 5 of us be able to access Aquaventure or would I need to book two rooms? Thanks again!

You will need to book two rooms or hope to get a pass at Atlantis. Depending on the cost of the room. You could book one with 2 and one with 3. The cost of the room does depend on occupants and you have to put the exact amount of people and whether adult or child as it does affect the cost. They have to pay for the wristbands. The most for a room is 4.

You will need to book two rooms or hope to get a pass at Atlantis. Depending on the cost of the room. You could book one with 2 and one with 3. The cost of the room does depend on occupants and you have to put the exact amount of people and whether adult or child as it does affect the cost. They have to pay for the wristbands. The most for a room is 4.

Thank you very much for the info. I will do so!

I just booked the Comfort Suites for one night, arriving Friday, Aug. 29 (arriving on the Imagination) using the Significant Organization code posted elsewhere. Total (including the housekeeping and energy charges that will be added when we arrive) was $211.27. This was for 2 adults, 2 children.

A room at the Beach Tower was available at the Atlantis for about $300, but from what I have been reading, it seems there is not a $90 advantage for staying at the Atlantis. Does anyone disagree - considering that more than likely we will never even make it to the room.

Questions:

1. What is open to the public at the Atlantis? We will be with others who will not be interested in the water park, but may wish to come to look around. Are any of the beaches open to the public?

2. We arrive at Nassau at 7am with a 6pm departure - so back on the ship by 5:30pm. Would leaving the Atlantis at 4:30pm be ample time to get back?

3. Do you have to return to the Comfort Suites to check out - or can you just head back to the ship from Atlantis (assuming that I would not be charging anything back to the room). I'd probably run back myself to checkout while the others waited at the Atlantis, but in case we are running late...

4. How far a walk is it from the Comfort Suites to the water activities? I have read that it is only a couple of minutes to walk to the Atlantis - but how much further from the lobby to the various water areas (our focus will be the lazy river and kids areas for my wife and youngest daughter, and lazy river and bigger slides for me and my oldest daughter).

We were considering day passes at the Wyndham, but I couldn't pass up spending some time at the Atlantis - especially with all the commercials they are airing these days :)

Just about three months away from our cruise.

Thanks

Thanks... that rate was NOT offered on the regular pull down menu, but even when I did use it, it still came up with a rate of $276.00 w/ taxes, fee's etc.....for 4 adults.... that is ridiculous !

It depends on what time of the year you are going.

The 3rd and 4th adults (16 and over) are charged $40 each extra.

In the scheme of things, if $276 was with the Energy and Housekeeping fees (which are added at the hotel and are NOT reflected in the booking price), it isn't bad at all.

Keep in mind the reason to do this is to gain access to the water park and other Atlantis facilities. Carnival offers the same thing (minus the Hotel Room) for $152 per person (including transportation, which on your own is $4 p/p each eay), so by booking a room on your own you are saving about 50%.

Thanks.... I have stayed at this property on a few occassions and have paid no more than $150.00 for 4 people in the past... that is why I refuse to pay when being there the same week in previous years was more cost effective ! Atlantis is beautiful, but I just cannot justify that costs to see it.

Archived