Did Comfort Suites / Atlantis Aquaventure- some info

hubofhockey

We reserved a room at Comfort Suites and went last Saturday to Atlantis using the CS priveleges at Atlantis. I thought I would provide some information here.

1. Cost - The price of our room using the Significant Organization rate (the link is on several threads here) was $200. Tax was an additional $24. There was another $24 in hotel charges including resort fees and housekeeping fees.
  2. Transportation - We took a land taxi up to Comfort Suites at a cost of $4 per person. The water taxi (ferry) is $3 per person. However, the land taxis bring you right to Comfort Suites while the ferry takes a bit longer and requires a 5 - 8 minute walk to CS. Traffic on our return was at a standstill in Nassau and you couldn't get off Paradise Island. The very nice people at CS strongly advised us to take the ferry back or risk missing the cruise ship back ( :eek: ). The very nice woman at CS even walked us 90% to the ferry.
  3. Comfort Suites Hotel - Our room was actually ready when we checked in. The line at the reservaation desk was only five minutes. We went up to the room to take care of some bathroom needs for the kids. The CS people give you room keys and charge cards. We were instructed the path to follow to get to Atlantis Aquaventure water park. CS people told us that you get wrist bands at any towel hut in Atlantis and room keys or charge card would be needed to get into Atlantis.
  4. Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark - We walked about 10 minutes and went over rope bridges and stone bridges to finally get into Atlantis. We were asked for our hotel cards at a security point. We proceeded to a towel hut and got our wrist bands. My mistake was bringing our own towels. Do not bring your own towels or cruise ship towels. You don't need them. You can get as many towels as you need at Atlantis at any one of several towel huts.
  5. The Facilities - The water park is a bit tough to navigate. It's not like Disney Waterparks with directions and signs everywhere. But the employees are helpful. The slides are high quality. I would rate them a notch below Blizzard Beach at Disney (my favorite water park). But waiting times were next to nothing, even on a Saturday when we went. So, it makes for a great water park experience and a better experience than you will get a Disney water park or Six Flags or the Water Countrys of this world. The Lazy River is actually fun with rapids and waves and leads to rides and the best I have been on. There are also some very nice regular pools in the complex as well as the beach. The place is great.

For my family of 4, the Atlantis Aquaventure excursion would have been $544 with Carnival. That's a lot of money for 4.5 hours at a water park. Including transportation, we spent $276. Saving $268 and only having to walk an extra 5 minutes each way (we did check out) to Atlantis and spending another 5 minutes waiting to check in was well worth it. I suppose if the price of Atlantis was within $25-$30 of the price at CS, I would book directly at Atlantis.

I will go back to Atlantis and would love to spend 3 days there. The place is great.

1. The Facilities - The water park is a bit tough to navigate. It's not like Disney Waterparks with directions and signs everywhere.

Great review Ljberkow. One thing people don't always realize is that there are property maps available at the front desk, you just need to ask for one. This makes it MUCH easier to navigate!! I try to occasionally mention the maps on here because they made finding our way around Atlantis so much easier during our first visit and there are exhibits that you could easily miss if you didn't see them on the map to even know about them.

We've booked CS twice and we have found the staff there to be very friendly. We booked a room there during a one-day cruise stop a year and a half ago and we spent 2 nights there this past December for a short post-cruise stay and the staff were equally friendly both times. Both visits were during Dec so we got off-season rates, $80 a night plus taxes with full access to Atlantis for 3 people, a great deal!!

Jeanne, maps would have been great but not easy to carry around while you're doing slides. They could do a better job with signs. I saw several people stop and ask workers were things were, from bathrooms to rides.

$80 per night, Wow!!!!! That's amazing. My original SO rate was higher. The price dropped a couple of times closer to my cruise and I canceled and re-booked.

Ljberkow, Thanks for the review. We go in 2 wks. with rms at BT Atlantis. What time did you catch the taxi to PI and was there a wait. What time did you leave to catch the ferry and did you have to wait? Is there a ferry schedule? Lastly, how much time would you allow to get to the ferry and get back to the ship. We are traveling with a 4, 3, 2, 1 y.o. and I am paranoid about missing the ship! Thanks!

Great review Ljberkow. One thing people don't always realize is that there are property maps available at the front desk, you just need to ask for one. This makes it MUCH easier to navigate!! I try to occasionally mention the maps on here because they made finding our way around Atlantis so much easier during our first visit and there are exhibits that you could easily miss if you didn't see them on the map to even know about them.

We've booked CS twice and we have found the staff there to be very friendly. We booked a room there during a one-day cruise stop a year and a half ago and we spent 2 nights there this past December for a short post-cruise stay and the staff were equally friendly both times. Both visits were during Dec so we got off-season rates, $80 a night plus taxes with full access to Atlantis for 3 people, a great deal!!

We were at Atlantis last week & we loved it also. How was the weather in Dec. & how cold were the pools? We're going back this Dec.:D

Ljberkow, Thanks for the review. We go in 2 wks. with rms at BT Atlantis. What time did you catch the taxi to PI and was there a wait. What time did you leave to catch the ferry and did you have to wait? Is there a ferry schedule? Lastly, how much time would you allow to get to the ferry and get back to the ship. We are traveling with a 4, 3, 2, 1 y.o. and I am paranoid about missing the ship! Thanks!

The cabs are little buses and there are several people at the port waiting for you to get you on a cab. We were off the ship into the cab and at PI all in 20 minutes.

Ferrys back seem to leave every 15 minutes and it's a 15-20 minute ride. Leave yourself over an hour by the time you want to leave Atlantis to the ship's departure time. To play it safe, leave an additional 15 minutes. You'll have a great time. Relax.

We were at Atlantis last week & we loved it also. How was the weather in Dec. & how cold were the pools? We're going back this Dec.:D

The first time we visited in early Dec and this past Dec it was the second week of Dec and both times the water in the pools was fine (keeping in mind we're from the northeast although I see you're from NJ). I know the weather in Dec can be hit or miss but so far we've lucked out, the first time it was sunny and 80's and the second time was partly sunny and high 70's/low 80's.

Hello! Ok we will be Nassau for one day. We will be ariving at 9:00am and leaving at 7:00pm, which will be on a friday. I know Comfort Suites offers wristbands to Atlantis AquaAdventure.

We want to purchase one night so we can get the wristbands, now do I purchase the one night stay for the thursday night and get there on friday morning and recieve the wristbands? Or do I purchase a one night stay on the friday and will I only recieve the wristbands at 3pm at check in time just before we have to deport? I'm kind of confused

Hello! Ok we will be Nassau for one day. We will be ariving at 9:00am and leaving at 7:00pm, which will be on a friday. I know Comfort Suites offers wristbands to Atlantis AquaAdventure.

We want to purchase one night so we can get the wristbands, now do I purchase the one night stay for the thursday night and get there on friday morning and recieve the wristbands? Or do I purchase a one night stay on the friday and will I only recieve the wristbands at 3pm at check in time just before we have to deport? I'm kind of confused

You book CS for the day you are arriving (Friday) and they'll give you your wristbands as soon as you get to the hotel regardless of what time it is...your room may not be ready since it will be well before 3:00 but most cruise passengers don't care about that anyway, they just want their wristbands so they can head to Atlantis.:)

The first time we visited in early Dec and this past Dec it was the second week of Dec and both times the water in the pools was fine (keeping in mind we're from the northeast although I see you're from NJ). I know the weather in Dec can be hit or miss but so far we've lucked out, the first time it was sunny and 80's and the second time was partly sunny and high 70's/low 80's.

Thanks for the info. That sounds great! :D

I just called Comfort Suites and was told they have a new policy requiring a 2 day stay. Darn..:(

Does any one know of any other hotels that offer a day pass free?

Do other hotels offer the day pass for a fee, if so, how much?

Does Atlantis have a day pass? Price?

Really as looking forward to a day in the lazy river at Altantis. Help!!!!

I just called Comfort Suites and was told they have a new policy requiring a 2 day stay. Darn..:(

boyma4... I just went to www.comfortsuites.com and attempted to book a room for one night (June 4th) and didn't see anything about a two night minimum. We will actually be there in a couple of weeks and have had a room for one night booked for a couple of months now. When are you going?

By phone to the actual site it is 2 nights... but by the website and 1-800 number one night is all is required. You would think it would be the other way around... wonder if they do that to trap the person that walks up and just has to get into Atlantis?

We were there 2 weeks ago (4/30/08). I had orginally booked a room at CS, but someone on the CC boards mentioned that travelzoo.com showed a special at Atlantis so I booked a room there instead. We had a room in the Coral Towers which was great for us with our 4 year old DGD, because the Lazy River is right behind it. My total cost was $176.58 (2 adults & 1 child). Now I have travelzoo email me their Top 20 deals of the week. I've seen Atlantis deals listed again since mine, so you might want to keep an eye out there.

We were there 2 weeks ago (4/30/08). I had orginally booked a room at CS, but someone on the CC boards mentioned that travelzoo.com showed a special at Atlantis so I booked a room there instead. We had a room in the Coral Towers which was great for us with our 4 year old DGD, because the Lazy River is right behind it. My total cost was $176.58 (2 adults & 1 child). Now I have travelzoo email me their Top 20 deals of the week. I've seen Atlantis deals listed again since mine, so you might want to keep an eye out there.

Thanks for the tip! I just signed up to receive the top 20 deals. CS is about $250 right now for 4 of us in November but it sure would be nice to be close to the lazy river!

Archived