Stepping it up~

Sharicruz

Perks that would make it worthwhile - somehow, several hundred dollars for the use of a fridge is not good value. Having to "bribe" Oceania for the privilege of getting on the ship earlier is also annoying, when all the mainstream (and cheaper) lines, do not do this. As long as the catagory B balcony cabins are non-concierge, you won't see me in a concierge cabin.

Now, if they provided the concierge perks of a line like Royal Caribbean, wiht a concierge lounge and free cocktails every night, that would be a different story.

Yes Benita, a concierge lounge would be great- HAL does this too, a good spot to coordinate tours, make dinner reservations, meet other passengers, and enjoy a free martini. Maybe they could use the space where the art auctions used to be.

JMHO

I think they should just do away with the class system.

Treat deck 7 concierge Cabins just like all the other categories.

Special treatment for OS, VS & PH suites but the others just treat the same.

There is no difference in cabin sizes for A-D cabins so why try to pretend they are special.

If people want a tote bag they will buy one and some days I would like a throw to put on while I have a nap but not willing to spend extra $$ for it.

If they have to keep the category maybe free laundry (bag full) once a cruise.

Regent (now a sister line) has Free Internet and Telephone for those who have cruised 20 days or more....let's take the Seven Seas Society Perks across to Oceania! I'd rather have Free Internet included in my fare. Staying in touch with home and work is very important to me.

We didn't like it when Oceania started the "class" system. All cabins should have a mini-fridge, especially since you are allowed to bring alcohol on board.

It would make more sense to price Deck 7 a little higher, like they had it the first year O was in business and leave the perks for those in PH, VS and OS.

Hi Chat kat..I love the idea of free internet..I also like the idea of concierge lounge, how about an special dinner for concierge class where everyone one evening gets to have dinner with an officer ..or a tour for concierge class with lunch in special cities..

Jancruz1

Having sailed on O three times (OS,VS & PH) the only time we dined with an officer was when we had an OS. Don't see why any one in a cabin below those three should have that experience until all cruisers in the top three cabins are at least offered that experience. We pay the extra fare - let us enjoy the experience.

As a perk on Regent, via Amex and my TA, I have had frequent invitations with officers and senior staff on board. Sometimes they can be great fun, sometimes they are a lot of work because the rest of the table has a hard time making conversation, and sometimes I have turned them down because I have other plans for the night invited. I don't think it should be a perk based on cabin category but should be more random so that the passengers can voice their experience with the officers and have an opportunity to experience a lovely evening.

What? I've dined with captains, first officers, etc. And never have been in anything but a minimal cabin (Regent.) Frankly, I don't get it--mostly now we turn out these invitations. Who cares?

I haven't been on Oceania yet, but I do not like the idea of a class system either. I agree that all cabins should have fridges (surely they can refit the rooms to make them fit). So it becomes like the rest of the lines in the universe--cabins go up in price with level, period. Barring that, give the A's something different--perhaps *real* butler service shared with the PH's, a bar setup, perhaps canapes in the evening. I also like the idea of an internet perk, or some free laundry. But really, they should just adjust the prices between A and B, make them the same, and be done with it.

how about an special dinner for concierge class where everyone one evening gets to have dinner with an officer ..or a tour for concierge class with lunch in special cities..

Jancruz1

Not the least bit interested in dining with an officer, and usually have our days in port well planned. Some kind of dinner or lunch in town might work if it were something very special, not if it was the usual tourist bus special. just our opinion of course.

Wow..dont shoot the messenger..I happen to enjoy dining with the officers so I thought others might also..imho so far not many creative ideas and this was supposed to be a fun thread..I guess we have all forgotten how to have fun!!

Jancruz1

Jan,

Fun has a different definintion. I remember one officer dinner where absolutely no one could make polite dinner conversation. I sat next to the charming officer, but he was of the serious sort and the passengers with us were answering questions he posed with yes and no answers. It was so stiff and boring...In my business world, I make conversation all the time and chat is easy for me. But when I am on vacation, I don't want to have to carry the table - it's work sometimes and where there are people with whom I would not have any common interest, why should I spend my vacation time and my dollars doing that? When my TA has arranged officer dinners for the groups, they have been fun because I have chosen to cruise with those people and when an officer joins in then it's a plus. (Wendy and I have cruised multiple times and dined together with officers)

Hi, I wasnt saying that dinner with the officers should be fun..I was saying making suggestions on this thread should be fun..thinking of new and hopefully interesting things to help improve the cruising experience..everybody took this thread so seriously.

jancruz1

We always book a PH - mostly because we like the additional size of the cabin, so this may not be a direct answer to your question. However, I would like to see some upgraded perks for those in OS,VS, and PH.

Some suggestions (not neccessarily in order of preference)

1. Free internet (say 10mins free per day)

2. Suite Passengers Lounge (with true concierge)

3. Additional specialty restaurant reservations

Things that don't mean much to ME (personally)

1. Priority embarkation

2. Dinner with Officers (unless they are interesting !!)

Perhaps some of these ideas could be incorporated into the newbuilds??

Just one man's opinion.....

A true concierge in concierge-class, that would be a good start.

Jan, I don't think we're taking this too seriously, it's just tough getting agreement on what everybody would like, because we're all different. So...

...how about a grab-bag of "perks" that you could choose 2 of. They could include "some" free laundry, "some" free internet, "some" free drinks or bottled water, etc. Perhaps hard to administer, but probably not, once they got the hang of it. One size doesn't fit all!

sorry if my reply sounded harsh Jan- of course most people probably enjoy dining with officers, who have many interesting stories to share. We are often tired from a long day of sightseeing, and like being able to have a quiet dinner together, so for us this would be a minus, not a plus.

Stocking the mini-fridge with free alcohol would be a nice perk. NCL stocked their suites with 3 full bottles of booze- our choice. Regent, (or was it crystal) gave us one bottle. Of course we ended up drinking little of it, but it was nice to know it was there if you wanted it.

Sorry, Jan, if you felt we were too serious.

If the Concierge Class is going to stay, I would really like a more extensive Room Service Breakfast menu, rather than just the juice, pastries, etc. type of thing. It would be nice to be able to order oatmeal, French Toast and a little meat before embarking on an early Shore Excursion.

A more extensive Late Night/Dinner/Snack menu would be nice, too. After touring all day, it would be nice to be able to just get some pizza, cookies and ice cream.

How about offering some munchies to go with whatever libation you have in that mini-fridge - pretzels and nuts would be nice. We ordered cheese plates from Room Service, but would have enjoyed a few more "munchies".

Finally, I like the idea of a true Concierge for those staying on Deck 7, OS, VS and PH. If you have a problem, it would be nice to have a little extra pull in resolving it.

I agree, a concierge lounge would be a wonderful addition to concierge class. Both on Royal Caribbean and on HAL it was great to stop at the concierge lounge and make dinner reservations, book a tour, and have a drink a snack. RC started offering it to frequent sailers too though, and at times it was so crowded you couldn't get in the door.

I still think concierge class is a great marketing idea- they just have to provide something for the extra $ And please make the changes before our 7/30 cruise!

I find it interesting that many pax. want a "one size fits all" across the cruising spectrum. O is O, and that's why we choose to sail the line -nanowarts and all. If we get an invite to dine with an officer or senior staff, so be it. We enjoyed our one experience with the chief engineer on the Regatta. Interesting man who could hold a conversation.

If people don't like what O has to offer, then there are free to sail on another cruise line.

I also find it interesting that pax. want what the top three categories on O get without having to pay the tariff. Life is not fair.

BTW - still have not figured out how to use the butler efficiently. Maybe some day. Can't imagine how they are used on the very low end cabins on Azamara!!

Just curious

but given the size of the O ships where would they put a "Concierge lounge" that would not impact on the other passengers enjoyment of the ship?

They are already taking up deck space for cabanas that people complain about...

they close off the patio area for private parties

close off part of Horizons for private parties

soon it will not be worth sailing with O with the lack of public spaces:rolleyes:

One observation on early boarding...

Maybe I'm wrong, but by splitting the boarding into two groups, the lines are shorter and fewer stations are needed to check in. It doesn't work perfectly, but it avoids a crush all at once. And, if you're going to have someone go first, it might as well be those who pay more. Like the airlines boarding elites/F/C first.

It just spreads the boarding out a little bit. Better than starting the vacation at the end of a huge queue.

Archived