Change of itinerary

Jim Avery

We are booked on SD II April 12/09. Was scheduled Miami to Miami. Now shows on the site as San Juan to Miami with an all different itinerary. One we are not that interested in. I know several of you (FT) have had changes made and I was wondering what to expect from SeaDream. Will I have to contact them? Have not had this issue personally before.

thanks,

Jim.

I was just looking for that Mia/Mia itinerary today and couldn't find it. Now I know why. This has happened to us several times, most recently on last November's SD2 Crossing which originally was to be Tenerife-Rio but then became Tenerife-Miami when the South America program was scrapped.

Usually, I notice these changes before SD has a chance to contact my TA and we contact them. My experience is that they will provide a discount of some sort either on the cruise with the revised itinerary or on a different cruise of your choosing. Also, for those who have made non-refundable plane reservations that must be revised or cancelled, I understand that SD covers the cost. I have never been in this situation as itinerary changes affecting us have always occurred so far in advance that I hadn't gotten around to booking flights.

This has happened to us again (first time this Jan, when the S. American cruises were canceled and now again for the Jan18th,09, San Juan to San Juan. Its been changed to San Juan to Antigua with a different itinerary. We are still waiting to hear what they will do about our flights that have already been booked. Will let you know when we hear. Maxine

Jim and others

As you may recall we were booked with airfare purchased on a voyage that was chartered. SD offered to move us to the other ship the same week, cover any airfare costs and if I am not mistaken take care of some other things. That was the last Caribbean voyage of the season and FT was booked on the crossing on the chartered ship. Needless to say the whole mess fell apart.

I think we ended up canceling both the Caribbean and the crossing because we didn't like the other itinerary and the logistics of getting FT to Antigua for the crossing became a nightmare.

As I recall SD took care of everything and made things right, though I will admit we were not happy campers for a while.

Hi Z:

We were particularly looking forward to a "drive to" SeaDream trip. Guess we were the only ones. Dont want to go back to SJU so soon so will probably cancel. Might leave room for a transat! Thanks for the info.

Jim.

Our travel agent contacted us about the change Friday. We too are disappointed to lose the roundtrip route and the deletion of the overnight in Key West. We've decided to cancel our cruise and book another. Thanks for all the help.........Mary

Our travel agent contacted us about the change Friday. We too are disappointed to lose the roundtrip route and the deletion of the overnight in Key West. We've decided to cancel our cruise and book another. Thanks for all the help.........Mary

Hi Mary:

We cancelled also. I'm sure we will find another (maybe another company) but don't have any "must dos" at this time. Was looking forward to meeting you guys.

Jim & Lois

Thanks - we were too. We'll book another cruise on Seadream, as this board has convinced us that it's something worth experiencing. Just not next spring. I hope we can meet on a future cruise.............Mary

Archived