Who Has Booked Alaska for '09???

Host Caroline

Another first time cruiser on the Pearl September 13th 2009. Well, that is not altogether true. I was on the Queen Mary from London to New York, but that was almost 70 years ago when i was six weeks old, so I dont think that one counts

yea....now I can say "me me me me" too! I just chose the 9/4/09 cruise....we just did Princess 7/16 - 7/26 and we loved it so much, I just HAD to look forward to going back!! This time we will do Glacier Bay and Sitka so a couple "new" ports.....already so excited to go!! :D

DH and I have just booked our first Alaska cruise on 13th June 2009, round trip from Vancouver with Celebrity Mercury in a Sky Suite. Can't wait!!

:) We are thinking of an Alaskan cruise for summer 2009, a first time trip to Alaska, and would like to know the reasons why you chose Celebrity. There are too many lines to choose from!:confused:

We have been on just 3 cruises so far, all with Celebrity, have enjoyed each of them and will be comfortable sticking with Celebrity for Alaska. However, if anyone out there has a better idea for around the same fare, please speak up.

We want to see the wildlife more than anything so imagine spending some time on an extended shore trip.

Thanks for any input.

Anthony

We just booked the Diamond Princess southbound on July 11, 2009. Now we are putting together our own pre-cruse activities. As soon as we have roughed-in our pre and post travel dates we’ll look at air options. Does anyone know of a good fast train from Maine to Anchorage or Fairbanks?

Booked our first trip to Alaska on the Radiance of the Seas sailing on June 5, 2009! Taking their tour also...#17. Can't wait!

We'll be with you! Join the roll call for our cruise! It'll be here before we know it! I just booked airfare and we are planning a slow meander on our own the following week through Alaska.

Karen

We are booked on the Diamond Princess May 23 Northbound out of Vancouver. This will be our first experience on a Princess ship and we are a little bit nervous and excited. We normally sail on RCCL and Celebrity. We decided after doing some research on CC that HAL or Princess were the 2 best for Alaska. We did not go with HAL because they would not book a balcony cabin unless we booked a land tour with them. We are doing an independent land tour. So, we opted for Princess with a mini suite for a very good rate. We also heard that RCCL does not go to Glacier Bay so that was also a part of our decision. We have lots of planning and decisions to make yet but we are excited!!!:D

Southbound-June 27-July 4 on the Princess Diamond!!

Can't wait--have FF ailline tickets already booked!

We'll be arriving to tour independently on June 20th through the 27th.

This year will fly by with all the planning to do (and redo!):D

We just booked the Diamond Princess southbound on July 11, 2009. Now we are putting together our own pre-cruse activities. As soon as we have roughed-in our pre and post travel dates we’ll look at air options. Does anyone know of a good fast train from Maine to Anchorage or Fairbanks?

The only way into Alaska is by air, boat, or road. The Alaska Railroad operates between Fairbanks and Seward.

My wife and I are booked on Pacific Princess May 14 out of Seattle. Looking forward to the smaller ship. We did a land tour/cruise with HAL about ten years ago and it was wonderful. Can't wait to return to Alaska.

Just recently booked Sea Princess 10 day RT from San Francisco. It will be DH and my third trip to Alaska but our GS's first trip there. Planning three nights in SF after cruise. Lucked out and was able to get three AA FF tickets for airfare.

My wife and I are booked on Pacific Princess May 14 out of Seattle. Looking forward to the smaller ship. We did a land tour/cruise with HAL about ten years ago and it was wonderful. Can't wait to return to Alaska.

You will LOVE this itinerary:) .. did it on "original" Island Princess in '98.. Kodiak and Valdez are great ports and you will thoroughly enjoy seeing some of these lesser traveled little gems! We wanted to book this instead of Golden on May 16 but the Thursday/Thursday thing didn't work for us... maybe when we retire... this will be my 10th to Alaska next year but the '98 cruise remains my fav.

Me and my fiance are going to Alaska next July for our honeymoon on the Norwegian Sun and we can't wait! Shame we booked it over a year in advance as I'm dying to go now, it's not fair!!!!!!! Never been to Alaska or on a cruise before so it's gonna be a totally new thing to both of us.

Archived