Who Has Booked Alaska for '09???

Host Caroline

We're going to Alaska June 18, 2009 for a land tour, then on to Radiance on June 26 cruising southbound. It will be me, husband, and two boys, 13 and turning 11 on the cruise. We will also have our 20th anniversary on the cruise! How cool is that?!? :D

Ok all you experienced Alaskan cruisers out there, I need your help. I have a few questions if I could get some help it would be greatly appreciated. Ok myself, dh, and ds we are planning an Alaskan cruise for any time after June 1, 2009, we are going to surprise out ds for his college graduation present. Ok I had a travel agent she wasn't that great, and she just left the travel agency the other day for another job. Anyway I'm not sure who to go through to get great prices, .

Just a reminder that it's against CC guidelines to ask others to email you for the name/website of your travel agency or to post that information..

thanks!

Booked on the Star Princess Inside Passage leaving Seattle May 24, 2009. About 20 of us from Kentucky. We all reserved balconies for this cruise. Able to book our flights the other day so we are ready to go. Found a direct from Cincinnatti. Ship leaves Seattle on a Sunday. Some of us are flying to Seattle on Friday the 22nd and will spend a couple nights there before the cruise. We will see the city on our own on Saturday. Others are coming out Saturday evening. Beginning to look at videos and books about possible excursions. Looking so forward to it.

• 2 weeks later...
Not booked yet but it will either be the NCL Star or the Pearl in May. Our last cruise to Alaska we sailed the Star in 2006. This time we'll be bringing our 2.5 year old who was our little souvenier from our last trip! We're hoping our parents decided to join us as well this time around. I am so excited and cannot wait to get plans finalized so we can book!

Hi, Kirstie! How early in May were you thinking of? Have you decided on the Star or Pearl? That's a great souvenir from your last cruise to Alaska!;)

We just booked the NCL Star for the May 30, 2009 cruise to Alaska!:D

It will be our 7th cruise to Alaska:eek: and we're just as excited as if it was our first. In fact I think we're more excited since we know what to expect. Can't get enough of the beauty of Alaska!:)

I have not booked yet. I am looking at Aug. 12 2009, I had to cancel our Aug. 20 2008 Alaska cruise. One of our traveling companions had to have surgery. Thank goodness for insurance. I will more than likely book with Carnival again, they have been great. Can't wait!!!!!

We are booked on the NCL Pearl August 9, 2009 out of Seattle! Just over 1 year to go!!!! This will be DH and my 15th anniversary, our 4th cruise, kids 3rd cruise, all are new to NCL and to Alaska. I have several trips planned between now and then (4 to be exact) yet I can't get my mind off this cruise. I can't wait!

I booked the land/cruise on Princess Sapphire 6/15/09. Now starting to look at excursions. My first trip to Alaska. Totally overwhelmed, dont want to overbook but want to see the high points. Does anyone know a good way to see Denali but not on a school bus? someone told me Kantishna sends tour vans out. also, I am thinking about a helicopter ride onto a glacier. where should I do that? Thanks in advance for the help. -Sandy

Last year you could not get to Kantishna until about June 10; when are you planning to be in Denali. We did tundra wilderness tour (not the shuttle, the "tour") and absolutely loved it... Went into about the new visitor center the first week of June, then on Sapphire June 11 I think it was

Next year we go May 16 but are just doing the cruise.

I booked the land/cruise on Princess Sapphire 6/15/09. Now starting to look at excursions. My first trip to Alaska. Totally overwhelmed, dont want to overbook but want to see the high points. Does anyone know a good way to see Denali but not on a school bus? someone told me Kantishna sends tour vans out. also, I am thinking about a helicopter ride onto a glacier. where should I do that? Thanks in advance for the help. -Sandy

If you booked a "land" with Princess, you already have a Denali tour included?? Kantishna usually opens up June 8. The lodges run school bus types out. There is also the fly option, with many likeing bus one way, flying the other.

Not going till June 2010 for our 25th anniversary. I'm doing all the research I can and taking notes. I think I've narrowed it down to Radiance of the Seas Northbound. I love the radiance class ships plus since we're platinum members so we will get $100 off on a balcony cabin plus I'm accumulating those points for OBC. I would also love to do the landtour but my hubby does not want to leave his 90 year old mother alone at home those extra days. Can't wait till I can put my reservation in! Maybe by January for 2010?

My brother and his wife have decided to join us on our cruise so that makes 4 of us so far booked on the NCL Star to Alaska on May 30, 2009. We'd love to have more cc'ers join us!:)

Hey, I'm on that sailing!!! :)

Just booked May 11 2009 out of LA on the Radiance, my fav ship. I was able to score one of the aft facing rooms with the huge balcony. Doesn't get much better then that. I also am sailing out of SFO on Sept 4 2008 on the Dawn Princess. Yes, alaska is my favorite place to cruise to. Can't seem to get enough.

I just booked the Island Princess leaving Vancouver on August 31st! It will be me, my brother and parents and all of our first times to Alaska. Thanks cc members for all the great information that made planning a breeze!

-Janine

Finally getting around to posting on this thread...

I am booked on Northbound Carnival Spirit on May 27th. I know there's a couple other people on here on that same ship.

I have already booked all my airfare for both the flight out and back. I didn't think prices would get an cheaper.

Frankly, I am surprised that more people are not doing Carnival.

Finally getting around to posting on this thread...

I am booked on Northbound Carnival Spirit on May 27th. I know there's a couple other people on here on that same ship.

I have already booked all my airfare for both the flight out and back. I didn't think prices would get an cheaper.

Frankly, I am surprised that more people are not doing Carnival.

I cruised the Spirit in March to Mexico and it was a beautiful ship and great experience with wonderful staff (it was my first cruise so I didn't really know what to expect). We wanted a one-way cruise for Alaska or I would have returned to the Spirit, you will have an awesome time.

Hey, I'm on that sailing!!! :)

WOW! I feel very privileged to have Budget Queen on the same cruise!:D It will be great to finally meet you, Budget Queen. You're advice has been most helpful to many of us!:)

I know that CC has some Logowear, but someone should make up a simple CC design for a name tag so we can print them out on our computers and then just put our name on them and wear them on board ship so we can meet other CC members. I'm gonna put up a thread on another page for that.

We are sailing on the Island Princess out of Vancouver June 8th 2009. I am very excited as this is our first trip to Alaska. We are then going to follow with an independent land portion for 6 days. I love planning trips so keep the info coming on the boards!!!icon7.gif

Archived