Who Has Booked Alaska for '09???

Host Caroline

We just booked our first Alaska cruise for September 13, 2009...it will be a birthday gift for me...a big birthday next year. :eek: We are doing RT Seattle on Star Princess with several of our family and friends. Really wanted to do a Northbound but since so many are new to cruising we decided to keep it simple by flying in and out of Seattle. We will do a northbound just DH and I sometime in the future...:D We also wanted to miss the crowds...so picked a date late and a date good for everyone...so really excited. Also our first Princess cruise and really looking forward to that as well. :D

may 16th on Star out of seattle..still a bit aways..

too far out to plan much since ive got couple vacation s that

ive got to get under my belt..

after hawaii..jan is already paid for..i ll be then looking more into

may..

depending on the price of gas i may consider driving up to

seattle from the bay area..map quest say about 14 hrs..more like

18 for me..:o

WOW! I feel very privileged to have Budget Queen on the same cruise!:D It will be great to finally meet you, Budget Queen. You're advice has been most helpful to many of us!:)

Sandy,

Snap a pictue of Budget Queen so we can all see the "Alaska Legend." :D

Me too!

A friends and family cruise to Alaska. Some of us will be starting with a day trip to Barrow, then joining the Princess land portion for KB6 to Copper River and sailing on the Island Princess on 6/29.

For most, it will be the first trip to Alaska.

CAN'T WAIT!! :D

Sandy,

Snap a pictue of Budget Queen so we can all see the "Alaska Legend." :D

Forget it. :) Actually, I rarely participate in any CC roll call functions, preferring instead to hook up with my new deck friends scenery/wildlife watching. (who don't know who I am)

We have a group of 14 booked on the Sapphire Princess, southbound on May 23, 2009. Eight of us are spending a couple nights in Denali prior to the cruise. Any recommendations on lodging or activities in Denali? :)

For those of you turning 50 in 2009 (like my DH), the Alaska Railroad invites anyone who turns 50 in 2009 to take a free ride for a day on the Alaska Railroad...details at this link: http://www.akrr.com/arrc1038.html.

may 16th on Star out of seattle..still a bit aways..

too far out to plan much since ive got couple vacation s that

ive got to get under my belt..

.:o

are you sure it's not the 17th? cause I'm on the Golden the 16th and the Star is on Sunday??:confused: :confused:

are you sure it's not the 17th? cause I'm on the Golden the 16th and the Star is on Sunday??:confused: :confused:

I think she's on the Norwegian Star and it leaves Seattle on Saturday, May 16th and the Norwegian Pearl leaves on Sunday, May 17th.

Now the Star Princess leaves Seattle on Sunday!

Talk about confusing!

I think she's on the Norwegian Star and it leaves Seattle on Saturday, May 16th and the Norwegian Pearl leaves on Sunday, May 17th.

Now the Star Princess leaves Seattle on Sunday!

Talk about confusing!

AHHH. forgot about that.. you are right!:) .. We considered the Norwegian Star but the port times weren't what we wanted.

Hoping we get a good roll call going! We still cruise with people from my June '05 group and last year went back to Alaska with several of them!

We have decided to take our two married kids and their spouses on a trip to Alaska in '09. We are thinking May or August from Seattle. Would love recommendations for cruiseline and itinerary. We have never been to Alaska so it will be a first for everyone. We do plan to spend a few days in Seattle precruise. DH and I have cruised Norwegian, RCCL and are doing a Southern Caribbean on Princess in November. Our kids are 30 and 26.

Forget it. :) Actually, I rarely participate in any CC roll call functions, preferring instead to hook up with my new deck friends scenery/wildlife watching. (who don't know who I am)

Yeah,that's the downside of being famous.The papparazzi can be annoying!

We're on the Spirit on May 6th !!

Aloha Budget Queen.

I so much love your advice!

So..if you do not plan to participate, then why post you are sailing on that cruise?:confused:

I definitely agree with your comments about the much older crowd on an Alaskan cruise. My husband and I did a 5-night land, 7 day SB cruise in August 2006. We were BY FAR the youngest people doing the land portion of the trip (at 37/39, we were the ages of most travelers' kids or grandkids). But everyone was so nice to us, we had a great time. When we got on the cruise ship, there were a lot more younger passengers and families w/kids. I loved Alaska so much - we're going back next summer (this time with our 10-year old daughter and my parents) and doing a back-to-back - NB then SB. Can't wait!!

Why I think I will enjoy Radiance of the Seas over the Coral Princess....wow I had so many negatives on that ship and cruise....I will start venting and I am sure I will get flamed or something by the Princess lovers. THe cruise part and the cruise tour part were horrible. The bed was too short for me; the overwhelming majority of the travelers on this cruise were elderly or senior age. Some were beyond rude to us and the staff on this ship catered to the seniors and the elderly over the younger cruisers on this particular cruise for some crazy reason. The elders pushed their way into lines in front of us constantly and the shows and the food seemed to be for senior taste. I had a terrible experience coming down the gangplank when a rush of Coral Princess workers pushed me over almost sending me over the wired handrails going down the gangplank as they raced running down to get to the phone banks located right off the gangplank this incident occured in Juneau and I could have landed many feet downward and died. I grabbed the wires and my husband grabbed my shoulder. It was really scary and no one from Princess at the bottom who watched this incident even asked me if I was alright. Complaining to Princess never got me even a single response and the staff on the ship when I complained told me to send my comments in as they must have known the company never responds to written comments if they are negative. I felt that since Carnival knows owns Princess the cruise line has really gone downhill and they have cheapened many aspects of what made Princess in the past a good cruise line. I only met three other couples that were relatively younger on the cruise. I am 50 and my husband is 46. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary on this trip and it just wasn't that special. The scenery of Alaska is what we paid attention to and gave up on Princess. The cruise tour part is quite frustrating due to the attention the Princess staff gave to seniors over younger travelers again. We gave good tips but the service back to us were below par for other travel experiences we have taken in the past. I love RCCL and I think Radiance to Alaska is a better move for our enjoyment.

I hope my comments will be educational for your needs. ANy further questions please ask!

CincinnatiGal

hhfinally i am booked. i got a great price for a single rate on the rhapsody of the seas next may. i got a great rate right on their site. i am really having withdrawl symptoms from not cruising for so long. it is going to be a long 9 months.

Aloha Budget Queen.

I so much love your advice!

So..if you do not plan to participate, then why post you are sailing on that cruise?:confused:

Why would posting my intended cruise choice be an invitation??? :) I prefer to keep low key and enjoy my vacation. :)

Thank you for the kind words.

After a lot of convincing, I finally talked hubby into our new cruise:

Golden Princess out of Seattle, July 18, 2009

AND we managed to score a free flight with points AND a full aft balcony cabin!!

How excited am I?????? :D :D :D :D :D I'm about to burst!

After a lot of convincing, I finally talked hubby into our new cruise:

Golden Princess out of Seattle, July 18, 2009

AND we managed to score a free flight with points AND a full aft balcony cabin!!

How excited am I?????? :D :D :D :D :D I'm about to burst!

That is great! I share in your excitement and can't wait to get back to Alaska next year :D

We are booked on Radiance July 3rd Northbound. This is our 20th Anniversary on July 8, 7-8-9, and have invited friends and family to come along. Group is currently small right now, but I hope more will join us. This will be our 4th Alaska cruise, 2nd on Radiance, so we certainly know what to expect, but are very excited already.

We expect to stay a few days afterward to do an RV rental out of Anchorage for a few days as we haven't seen a lot of the inland part. Should be great!!

First time to Alaska - only our 2nd cruise. HAL Zuiderdam - May 23 - Inside Passage & Glacier Bay out of Vancouver to celebrate - belatedly - our 25th anniversary (which is actually in February - but, alas, no Alaska cruising then :) :D :) )

No one is posting to my roll call, so I thought I'd check in here!

We are booked on Celebrity Millenium southbound on June 19th. This is a family trip for my parents 50th anniversary. Our group of nine includes my parents, my sister, her husband and their children ages 22 and 5, and myself and my two children ages 15 and 4.

Cruise is booked, rooms in Anchorage (Springhill Suites) and Vancouver (Marriott Airport) are reserved. I think I'll reserve a car in Anchorage for the day but not sure about Vancouver.

My parents are flying up a few days early and I still need to plan a Denali trip for them, details for that are still up in the air. I think they'll take the train to Denali but I'm not at all sure where to have them stay for their 2 nights there.

I'm looking forward to hearing about everyone elses plans!

Archived